Pathfinder 2003 All Mode 4wd vs normal shift

Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello guys,

Just a quick question about the Pathfinder 2003 model (US specs); is there any deference in terms of performance between the normal 4x4 shift gear and the all mode 4wd electrical which?
I know that the all mode has the advantage of the auto mode but for the 4 hi and 4 lo any deference in power, performance...etc?

please advise if you have any idea....I think Capri will be the expert on this :028:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bu-Shahid;24102 wrote:Hello guys,

Just a quick question about the Pathfinder 2003 model (US specs); is there any deference in terms of performance between the normal 4x4 shift gear and the all mode 4wd electrical which?
I know that the all mode has the advantage of the auto mode but for the 4 hi and 4 lo any deference in power, performance...etc?

please advise if you have any idea....I think Capri will be the expert on this :028:
What do you mean by "... between the normal 4x4 shift gear and the all mode 4wd electrical which?"

Do you mean, if there is a difference in a vehicle power, if it is equipped with M/T (manual transmission) or A/T (automatic transmission)?
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;24103 wrote:What do you mean by "... between the normal 4x4 shift gear and the all mode 4wd electrical which?"

Do you mean, if there is a difference in a vehicle power, if it is equipped with M/T (manual transmission) or A/T (automatic transmission)?
both are automatic transmission, but one with all mode 4wd electrical vs normal 4x4 shift gear
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Bu-Shahid;24104 wrote:both are automatic transmission, but one with all mode 4wd electrical vs normal 4x4 shift gear
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1291[/ATTACH]

Vs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1292[/ATTACH]
Maddie

The All wheel mode is like Rav4, not 4wd
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bu-Shahid;24111 wrote:
Vs.
Good point, pic2 is single drive (2WD). In US it was also introduced this version.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;24113 wrote:Good point, pic2 is single drive (2WD). In US it was also introduced this version.
It is not only 2wd look again at the pic and see the red circle, it has an electrical switch to switch between 2w, All W, 4Hi and 4 Lo see the manual pic, it is smiler to my Trailbalzer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1294[/ATTACH]
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

MaddieTJ;24112 wrote:The All wheel mode is like Rav4, not 4wd
it is not All Wheel drive, it has all modes; 2W, Auto, 4 Hi and 4 Lo but using electrical switch instead of the shift 4x4 gear
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

check the user manual.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1295[/ATTACH]
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Bu-Shahid;24102 wrote:Hello guys,

There is no difference in power and performance , the only issue you will face is the parts value and practicality . The electrical switch system will cost much more money in case of replacement or fixing .
What goes around , comes around .