SnAkE DrIvE 21\12\2012

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well they said the world was gonna end....so thought if i have to die, let me die doing what i love the most......But then i survived the drive as well as the day to write this report!!:011::011:

Thank you Marshals Hamdan,Abu Jimmy,se7es77,Shamshi for this amazing adrenalin filled drive after a long time for me....Special thanks to Khatib, Shamshi for organizing the trip!!

And a special thanks to Sarookh, salhinai, ben, Rashid Jazz for helping me with my first ever pop Outt!!

The Drive lived upto its name....was amazing and thank you fellow almosters, you made my day!!

Please find below my visual report....

http://youtu.be/R9XXUeBYr_M

sanbloody

Completely agree with Camel.....it was wonderful and a fast paced drive. Not to forget Shyam's car rescue which was struck in a critical position was a lesson learned.
Big Thumb's up to our Marshals!!!!!!!
Jude

Hello Guys, Id like to share a bit of the action from the second convoy. All went smooth, a few close shaves, a couple of stuck ups and even a blow out,,,,new to me. we had a short Break and shamshi was sharing his experiences with us. (Most educative). We commenced again and reached a middle sized dune, the guys infront of me went over it like it was nothing, when it came to my turn I was finding it rather difficult to get over and much to my embarrassment couldnt manage it after abt 5 trys, I heared Shamshi's voice over the radio,,,,,,,,U ARE NOT ON 4WHEEL, the words hit me like a bucket of cold water and realised I had disengaged my 4wheel at the stopover and forgot to engage it again,,,,,message received and adhered I went over the dune like superrrrr. Moral learnt ...."GET YOUR BASICS RIGHT".

Id like to thank Khatib, Lamboo and Shamshi and all the other Organisers for the invaulabe advice and for organising these wonderful trips.
Humanfaith

When is our chance to have fun like you guys??

nice report
makoo

I found this drive very fun and defenetly a challenge, learned alot and dramatically increased my self confidance! I really enjoyed bieng behind the lead car :028: made me more confident with my isuzu (second time driving *no nickname yet* on the sand!)
great camp + trip, thanks to everyone who made it happen!
Rayat Al Bar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well This time I took half day leave from my office & rushed to home & took Jeep to the Garage for changing Engine Belt & Unbelievably i was back to home within 25 minutes. Like Fast Forward started packing quickly finally I start at 07:00PM.I reached ADNOC at 8:00PM Al FAQ’a.That was more than good. I didn't see any other car so I went to pray. At 8:46Pm I realized I was sleeping & i parked near the mosque that's why I can’t see any other member. When I came to the front parking I found more than 10 cars were there they never know I was the early bird this time. :054: After small chit chat & briefing about the camp site we moved exactly at 9:28 & bought some woods on the way.
We reached to the camp area at 10:30Pm. It was not too much difficult to reach camp on 15/20 PSI but sand was wet & soft so we had to deflate one by one.

Well as Shamsi said it was really dark but I felt safe & sound because I choose the place in the middle of everyone .This time I didn’t make BBQ as every time I don't find anyone to finish the "Kabab" & I finished only one Kabab .Everyone was cooking chatting Miss D was helping Shamsi with his Kristano (I don't know what was that) but it was Tasty. Soon we smelled Kababs/Soup some Fruits Cake .Thanks Dastoori for your nice BBQ & Fruits Thanks Shamsi for the tasty Soup Thanks Persian for your Persian Tea It was amazing. I went for the walk until the moon disappeared. Miss D & me decided to camp near to each other But I slept in the car on the last minute
The Great Morning..... Golden Fog all around the area & rinsing Orange warm rays of the Sun WOW I was dreaming walking towards the sun & suddenly I noticed Miss D's Camp & car wasn't there.I left my dream & came out of the car as I thought there is no one... every has left ,But humdulilah I found more than 6 cars were there ..I went to the long morning walk as I had some extra time...Meeting Point Deflating & moving everything on time.
The Drive was amazing _No Words to Explain_______
It was Snake drive I felt Right left Up Down I was holding the steering with full of my power to keep the snake alive. Although it was easy but very interesting drive & somewhere challenging too.
I would like to thank to the Marshals for choosing every time a new type of surprising sand ( this sand was Dark Chocolate ) No stuck as per my Info we reached to the gate approximately 11:10am .Inflating & moving ...
I followed Armin he brought me on Dubai way I want to reach before Friday prayer time finish so I couldn't go back to ADNOC & turn to home

WoW

Just Amazing
Simply it was more than expectations
Thanks all the Marshals/Explorers/Founders/Members for making this Trip Successful.

See you Again InshAllah

By the way it’s not possible if I can register for one year for all the upcoming Trips (So I can sleep tension free ):011:

See me in next Trip I didn't say ( See you in next Trip ) Got it.... :059:
Cheeeeeeeers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1163[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maazjass

The trip was amazing i loved it excellent leading by hamdan and thanks to abu jimmy for sweeping and thanks to ALMOST4x4 for this wonderful drive.
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you Almost for the great drive. What hit me the most was the quick thinking of Abu Jimmy when i saw that car about to roll over. Getting an achor point to stop it from falling over and weight on the other side. Ive seen a couple of roll overs end results but never the actual roll .. and i was super worried when i saw his two wheels lift off. Thank you Marshals. Thank you Thank you Thank you
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

As always my report is negative more than positive.

1. I went early to be first and enjoy some alone time. I passed by few almosters and when I got there I sow a group of jeeps and Bu jimmy already there grrrrr. I had no choice but to be mutual standing and listenging the same conversation of which is better. JK or FJ... :P

2. half way thru, I busted a dangerous spy, and non of the marshals helped to book him. they say he goes by name of maazjass. so I had to do it by my self and read his rights and cuff him.
  • You have the right to remain Almoster.
  • Anything dune you use or do may be used against you in Desert.
  • You have the right to consult an Intermediate before speaking to the Marshalls and to have an Intermediate present during dune bashing now or in the future.
  • If you cannot afford an Intermediate, one will be appointed for you before any dune bashing, if you wish.
  • If you decide to go any dune bashing now, without an Intermediate present, you will still have the right to stop going at any time until you talk to an Intermediate .
  • Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to go dune bashing without an Intermediate present?
After I read his rights, he was saved by Intermediate super hero. they say in some regions he goes by dangerous and fearful name DADDY.

3. DL decided he is too good to drive on sand, so he kept going over trees. until one of them got him. we managed to untree him by mini chainsaw.

4. PB had his tire to almost 70psi. I told him, you wont save money on gas that much if you drive on 70psi. when he came to check the air his Gage broke from hard air pressure.

5. found out why all this time RAB was not getting out of his white Jeep. she was glued by his homeboys to her car :P that's another reason why she didn't stop at the end at adnoc :P

I was lucky to drive behind DL. big thanks he saved me a couple of times in the radio.

Thx Marshals. Leader, sweeper, Drivers,
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Please find below the link for the pictures for this trip:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 263&type=1