Catch Me if you can

WASEEM

[quote=FSL;7103]Well it was my second time attending the infamous CATCH ME IF YOU CAN trip... this trip is a real test for newbies to practice what they have learned so far and also learn new tricks.

I was kind of nervous coming to this trip as last time didn't turned out to be a good one for me because i couldn't perform the way i expected...

The drive started well, Silvester decided to make me the sweeper for the first part of the drive which was a great feeling in itself :P thanks silvester for the opportunity.

The speed of the convoy was a bit slower then last time but it was good. We had a few popouts and stucks but they were taken care of. It was exactly the same route as last time which meant that i had the opportunity to make up for the last time and perform better in all the mini exercises that we had during the trip. It went great.
Guess what I also got a chance to pull a stuck car out, my first ever, Thanks WASEEM for getting stuck and providing me with this opportunity :011:

So it was a great trip, very well managed by silvester. Thanks to Al Khatib and Hamdan for taking care of us...
Had a good chit chat with all you guys specially Samr, Sarookh, Fadi, Darshan, Medlen and Miss D.

Hope to see you all next time.[/quote]

You'r welcome man, anytime I'll get stuck again I can count on you:045: you are really good STUCK RESCUER :027:.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Darshan;7117]All is not probabaly lost buddy. Try this..(it MAYBE applicable to your model)

http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

and then there is something written in arabic here http://www.assayyarat.com/forums/thread117135.html

Let us know if it helps.[/quote]

Please don't attempt doing the proceudre described in the second link.. There is more to off-roading than disabling traction control and stability control. The Pajero is a great car, I have one myself, but there are other matters that need to be considered:
1- The 3.0L engine does not provide the torque needed in the desert, which means a great great level of skill is required to compensate
2- Tiptronic gear is too smart, it will shift to the higher gear when RPM hits a threshold which requires constant playing with the throttle to avoid this happening
3- The car's front and rear bumper (and what ever it is attached to) and the wheel arch are really low, they will get hit and damaged easily (youve seen that)
4- The car's ground clearance is low by SUV standards so a lift kit is needed, which is very expensive and rare to find here.
5- Repairing any damage will cost a fortune.
6- Making a change in the electrical system (to disable ASC, ABS etc) is very risky and the agency here won't do it. Do it outside and the car is done for.

Just my two cents..
WASEEM

Well :045:,,, once again ALMOSTERS did very good job (like they always do :060:). The trip was great and full of enthusiasm, really every part of it. It was good opportunity to enhance our skills and share it with others, also it was very good chance to meet with the NICE ALMOSTERS and have good time with them.

Technically, the track was exciting and full of different experiences to learn, two DEATH drops, crossing dunes side-ways, passing through unknown dune edges, driving fast on a dune's slopes, and finally climbing high to the top, all were good experiences combined with wonderful feelings I will never forget.

After I got pulled by FSL I had my car damaged as I couldn't control its direction properly, later, after I left to the tarmac road I found it very hard to drive straight, the day next in garage I found my steering box was moving freely along its shaft as the two rubber pieces fixing it tightly were gone.

Very BIG thanks to all fellow almosters who attended the drive, very BIG and SPECIAL thank to our marshals, KHATIB and HAMDAN who gave every effort to make this drive successful and secure, and finally THANK YOU from the heart to SILVESTER for pumping all this aliveness and excitement to our beloved community, YOU ARE DOING GREAT.

Look forward for more drives and fun :038:
FSL

[quote=WASEEM;7141]You'r welcome man, anytime I'll get stuck again I can count on you:045: you are really good STUCK RESCUER :027:.[/quote]
Thanks man...
but i just remembered you were not stuck on your own actually you were pulling someone out, if i'm not wrong?
You're a fine driver but I'll always be around though if you need a pull :011:
WASEEM

[quote=Desert Lizard;7143]Please don't attempt doing the proceudre described in the second link.. There is more to off-roading than disabling traction control and stability control. The Pajero is a great car, I have one myself, but there are other matters that need to be considered:
1- The 3.0L engine does not provide the torque needed in the desert, which means a great great level of skill is required to compensate
2- Tiptronic gear is too smart, it will shift to the higher gear when RPM hits a threshold which requires constant playing with the throttle to avoid this happening
3- The car's front and rear bumper (and what ever it is attached to) and the wheel arch are really low, they will get hit and damaged easily (youve seen that)
4- The car's ground clearance is low by SUV standards so a lift kit is needed, which is very expensive and rare to find here.
6- Making a change in the electrical system (to disable ASC, ABS etc) is very risky and the agency here won't do it. Do it outside and the car is done for.

Just my two cents..[/quote]

I thank you on behalf of BASHAR, he should be flattered now :011:
WASEEM

[quote=FSL;7147]Thanks man...
but i just remembered you were not stuck on your own actually you were pulling someone out, if i'm not wrong?
You're a fine driver but I'll always be around though if you need a pull :011:[/quote]

I owe you man, I'll be sure to pay back :devilish:
FSL

[quote=WASEEM;7150]I owe you man, I'll be sure to pay back :devilish:[/quote]
lolz... i'll try NOT to give you the chance of a payback :011:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Catch me if you can trip was simply amaziiiiiiing! Started early morning... i guess i was the first to reach meeting point @ 7am (super excited so dint sleep all nite) he he he.... soon all the almosters started popping up... Great Marshal Silvester arrived... and we all left by 8...to hit the dunes... As Ggoogoloid couldn't come .. the great Khatib showed up along with Hamdan...and the trip went on super smooth...few pop outs, few stucks... i had one stuck :022:.... rest the whole drive was soooo much fun! I was initially a bit nervous cuz the name it self of the trip sounded a hard one... but as always the great marshal help and guidance all went smooth... and had loads of fun! cant wait for next trip... Thanks you ALMOST 4X4... U r my new love ! :043:
Sheikh Fadi

[quote=Darshan;7117]All is not probabaly lost buddy. Try this..(it MAYBE applicable to your model)

http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

and then there is something written in arabic here http://www.assayyarat.com/forums/thread117135.html

Let us know if it helps.[/quote]

Thank you Darshan!! Much helpful, I will try this on my next trip and see how it goes ;) cheers
Sheikh Fadi

[quote=Desert Lizard;7143]Please don't attempt doing the proceudre described in the second link.. There is more to off-roading than disabling traction control and stability control. The Pajero is a great car, I have one myself, but there are other matters that need to be considered:

Just my two cents..[/quote]

Thanks Bud for bringing this up, I was so desperate to try it out that I didn't even look at the downside of doing so..
Your feedback was really helpful and probably saved my car, I'm sure Mira will thank you more for keeping my car in one piece haha
I guess then its time to keep the Pajero for the high life and just get a proper off road monsta!!:028: