The Beginning

mrwkassem

I would like to thank Giorgio and the entire rescue team for the wonderful journey; the morning was beautiful and had a pleasant chill to it.

The gathering began at 7:30 am. Since it was my second drive, I was a little more accustomed to the atmosphere. I got lost the track once, got stuck once, and thought that the lead speed was bit high to maintain a proper distance with the convey. Nevertheless, the driving event was success, accomplishing encouraging me to drive off-road, giving me an exhilarating driving experience, and teaching me safe driving techniques. Along with excitement and challenge, the event made participants feel like they were part of a larger almost 4x4 community. eager about the upcoming drives.
Oasis

Hello all and apologies for the delay in writing this. A big thank you to Giorgio and the team for the -5 drive last Sunday.

It was my 5th drive with the club, but my first drive in a long while (my last drive was in October, and before then sometime last May). It was also my first drive with my new trusty steed. Previous drives were in a Jeep Wrangler, this last one was in a FJ. On this drive I also got stuck for my first time… twice! Take note all you Jeep nay-sayers. ;-)

As usual it was a fun drive, and quite challenging in parts. The biggest challenge? Trying to keep the front door of the car open whilst trying to open the back door to get the rope out… whilst on a slope. As capable as FJs may be on the sand, whoever came up with this design (flaw) should quite frankly be shot. Still, it didn’t stop me from having fun in the sun. Very much looking forward to my next drive!