Hurricane Nahil 10/12/23

brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,
After a very pleasant camp nearby the meeting point, I arrived in time for the briefing by @Scorpio . This was going to be the first intermediate drive for the newly upgraded members, it was pointed out to the drivers that this would be considerably faster than what they have experienced in the past and was the first step in developing additional driving skills and where all the lessons learned at a newbie would be the foundation for what was to come.
There were a number of marshals on hand to keep an eye on the convoy. Leading the convoy was the master of speed @optimus – he assured us he had not yet had any Redbull so it would be a relaxed smooth introduction to the new level, but seriously this marshal doesn’t need Redbull to push the limits.
Floating around the convoy we had Founder @alshamsi_m and the marshal team - @Rashidjass @Scorpio @rapailo , advanced driver @Mahmoodyasin also floating.
As this was not my first intermediate drive I was positioned as sweeper with @nidal78 and @Mghoneim just ahead of me.
Actually this would be only my 6th drive so far as an intermediate, all I can say is wow! finally everything started to come together, sweeper position is sometimes described as “survival” as you need to deal with very messed up tracks from the traffic ahead of you. But on this drive, I finally felt “comfortable” putting into practice all the things I have learned in my long journey as a newbie and limited exposure to intermediate level, the speed, the climbs, the arches and my nemesis the cresting. The adrenaline was there but it was a calm and confident experience (finally) I was relaxed and conquered the obstacles, with only I think 2 second tries all morning. With the knowledge and confidence to realize when I had insufficient momentum or the wrong approach angle and turn down safely.
Ok I am starting to ramble (apologies) But the drive was a confidence boost and major turning point for me.
Looking forward to more development to come
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

Another interesting morning in Nahil following the lead of @optimus

Arrived extremely early to the extent I check the location 3 times to make sure I am not elsewhere. I was happy to see the newly upgraded members show up with that big smile on their faces as most of them were from my newbie batch.

As the drive was designed for the freshly upgraded intermediates I thought I still count as “fresh” with only 6 intermediate drives, however after I finished the drive I understood that each and every drive shapes the driver little by little without unconsciously (thanks to the Marshals).

After a quick briefing we started the drive and had our first tire puncture in the same time almost in the first kilometer range 😂

Tire changed and off we go, adding some speed, warm up arches and switches then we head towards Nahil’s famous big bowl which I remember quite well from “go fast” as the exit was quite challenging.

The convoy flow was okay , with multiple second tries, stuck/crested cars but we all enjoyed the challenges.

Big thanks for the amazing lead by @ optimus, organization of @Scorpio and the support of @alshamsi_m @rapailo @Rashidjass @Mahmoodyasin
Cheers,
MGhoneim
LuckeyM
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wowwww what an amazing way to begin the day! There is a good reason people say welcome to the new level, this is a whole lot of fun level! thumbsup

The day was long expected, as there was no possible drives for the new interms as myself, since the exam, so with a bit of difficulty but got my spot in the Hurricane, and was really looking forward to the Saturday morning. A big surprise was the amount of marshals coming to the drive, as @brett already mentioned. We were well guided and protected from all sides, turned out to be an exam as well for 2 of our mates. So yes between the excitement of the new interms and the anxiety of the ones being examined, I think there was enough adrenaline in the team, to fill an FJ tank :ka_boom:

The drive led by our speedy marshal @optimus , was exactly what you would expect, speed, crests arches and a lot of scary situations, good the brown pants were on Psmiley . This was a big learning curve for me, you finally get to see those angles you only worried about before, the pressure makes you pump lot more adrenaline so your focus is a lot more tense, also the quick decisions or choices you need to make become a lot more important, I called second try several times, and I am not sorry at all, as they were situations where I needed another shot at the obstacle, to feel safe about it.

All in all was great experience, thank you to @Scorpio for organizing and big thanks to all the marshals for assisting, looking forward to the next event.

See you all in the sand

@LuckeyM