Nahel Drive & Camp 09/12/23

brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters
I decided to join the drive and camp at the last minute due to a window of opportunity, in other words my wife gave me permission LOL.
@alshamsi_m was kind enough to send me all the coordinates for the drive meeting point, campers only points and the points for the following day drive. Needless ot say I messed up and arrived on time but at the wrong point ! having deflated and set my flag I realized my mistake and found I was 20+ km from the correct location. I headed off down the highway with 10psi in my tires. Taking it easy at roundabouts to ensure no popout, I arrived at the point 2min after take off time at 3pm – my flag is now a little worse for wear after enduring 140 kph on the highway.
@alshamsi_m completed the briefing with myself and @BuTouma mixed in the convoy for support. Off we headed into the dunes. It was to be a short but brisk drive to the camping spot, mostly a fairly easy track for the Newbies. But of course @alshamsi_m managed to spice things up a little throwing some climbs, drops and other obstacles at the drivers.
As always the critical points that drivers need to learn to a point that they are second nature.
- Following distance, not to close, not to far
- Radio communication
- Gravity, NEVER fight gravity
- Focus, concentration required at 100% ! if you are tired or stressed/confused speak up at let the marshals know
We reached the camp location just as the sun was setting, the weather was cool. We set the fire and sat chitchatting while enjoying pizza ! other campers arrived and more wood was consumed, by 1030pm I headed off to my spot, set my tent and drifted off to sleep, interrupted briefly by @rapailo roaring past my tent and then by @AZK89 as he head home.
I woke early, packed up my tent and returned to the camp fire for coffee before heading off to the Hurricane Drive
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron