The Climbers

Vika

Good evening all!

First af all, I would love to thank @Scorpio for organizing the drive, @giorgio for floating and keeping his Eagle eye on everyone, Intermediates/advanced for support and all the members for a nice morning.

Drive was intense, combining speed, lots of arches, crests, climbs and drops. At some points it was quite challenging due to choved up sand and so many tracks, but at the end everyone was able to complete it safe and sound.

As for me, it was a good chance to recall the track without any accident, thanks @brett for reminding.

I had a good time. Hope @giorgio didn't lose his voice)))

Once again thanks all and everyone, who made this event happened.

Looking forward for the next time.

With love and gratitude.

Yours Vika.
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

It has been a long time since we last drove to this area and the reason is mostly that it is a very popular area and the sand is all chewed up and it is always very crowded.

The weather was great and the drive was pleasant with a fair amount of incidents.

lessons learned from this drive are as follows

Listen to the instructions of the Marshalls on the radio and act accordingly.
When the car in front of you faces difficulties you need to stop and wait. Do not continue driving and put yourself in trouble as well.
Maintaining a proper distance of 20 meters is essential especially in such an area that the tracks are endless and it is easy to lose the track.
When you feel that your car loses power, turn down or make a smaller arch.

I would like to thank the Organizer @Scorpio and all the support team along with the new drivers for the beautiful Saturday morning on the dunes

Keep driving and learning. Looking forward to see you all on the upcoming drives but till then be safe
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,
The Climbers Drive on Sunday morning was a great way to celebrate National Day – or as it now seems to be referred to as Union Day?
Thank you to @Scorpio for arranging the drive and @giorgio for his unfaltering efforts as floating marshal, his guidance and resolve were at the forefront during the drive.
I arrived early and was soon met by many eager newbies, patiently waiting the pleasant cool morning. Deflated and chit chatted while waiting for the briefing. We had @Giovanni as sweeper, @haider alnuaimi floating, @mpodroid as mid convoy support and myself as 2nd lead.
The weather conditions were perfect, but as mentioned by @girogio the area is very busy with other convoys, buggies, and campers. The dunes are covered in tracks making it important to keep your eyes on the car in front to ensure you don’t lose the track. Some nice climbs and drops, some technical areas and a reasonably brisk pace. All in all, given the conditions of the dunes the drive went well with a few interruptions due to drivers miscalculating the momentum needed to complete the climb or arch safely, knowing the performance of your car and tuning your ability to put the lessons in to practice will ensure your ability and confidence improve to the required level for such drives. Keep practicing the basics.
Being 2nd Lead behind an expert such as @Scorpio is an honor and a privilege – allowing me to observe his driving style and picking up pointers on how to approach the various obstacles and read the terrain.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the drive and looking forward to seeing you all again in the coming weeks.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Daiyaan

No better way to start the season than with Almost4x4.
After a hiatus of exactly one year, I drove again with Almost4x4, which reminded me of why this is the best offroad club with their standard of safety and experiential knowledge.
This drive was a bit of a refresher for me as I had recently changed the gear ratios on my Patrol and so it was good to get used to it in this drive.
The choppy tracks and pace of this drive made me realize that I may soon need to upgrade my suspension as that is the only limitation I can see with my car.
Had great fun thanks to everyone who was involved.
Hoping not to go into hibernation again. Here’s to more drives!
sandjose

Let me start with thanking Scorpio and other senior members for organizing this trip.

The convoy was great, the drive was smooth. Initially I had some troubles with catching up since this is my first drive after the last nose dive accident. But gradually I picked up momentum, and the fear slowly changed to excitement. Mr. Scorpio was so perfect and he knew how to handle and uplift his convoy. A huge thanks to him and other senior members.

We climbed so many dunes, it was amazing. Downhill was smooth this time, I did no nose diving this time :D

As newbies we drove some small dune bowls. One of the bowl was so high and I got my Yaay moment when I drove the bowl close to the top and I could see the other side the desert, felt like i'm seeing the other side of the world. it was mind blowing.

Since I'm in my newbie level I was not able to drive the super bowl. But I have kept a map pin, definitely I'm coming back to conquer it. (Nagra you are also pending cool )

This group amazes me every day. Thank you all for the guidance, help and for these great trips. Much appreciated.

Photo from the Pink rock.

A󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠dventurous L󠀠eague of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
󠀠󠀠󠀠󠀠