High Octane II

Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Was a long time since I joined a drive & was looking forward to it. Was raining heavily the day before, so it would influence the drive, hard sand....

One of my colloques joined me as a passenger & was looking forward to the drive. I explained how the drives worked, told him about the club etc. We met at the meeting point, did the drills & caught up with the other drivers. @optimus stood in as @Scorpio could not make the drive. I volunteered as sweeper ORLY . We headed out, me at the back making sure nobody gets lost.

The sand was hard up front, but by the time I got there it looked like a ploughed field OSMILEY wtfsmilie . When we stopped once, @brett said that he was happy that I was sweeping. The drive was nice & fast with the marshals keeping a close eye on the convoy. At the back it was a survival game, the track was messed up by the time, arches became hard to complete as it was a combination between hard & soft sand. @Ely with her Jimny had a O S... moment due to this, but with the help from the marshals they recovered her car & we were good to go again.

We stopped for some coffee & karat, then back to playing in the sand.

Radio communications was not good at some stages, following distances was also an issue sometimes as the driver infront does look at the driver behind him. The hard/soft sand made the drive difficult & there were a few drivers fighting gravity & pushing to hard to do the side crest.

Overall it was a nice drive, thank you to the marshals for organizing the drive & keeping an eye on us.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
basil

I hope I'm not too late for this trip report 😅😅

Coming back to the drive, the rain-infused landscape upped the ante. With each turn, I pushed the pace, feeling the excitement of the altered terrain. As a result of experiencing the wet sand on a pretty technical drive, my confidence as a driver grew, turning the challenges into opportunities.
I have driven on wet sand once before, so I was somewhat aware of how there's a fuse of hard sand and really really soft sand, but playing w that on switches was new and really exciting.
Conquering the dunes at a quicker pace than usual made the trip an unforgettable experience. I'm extremely excited on how the drives at a higher level feel and am grateful for these opportunities to learn more.

Thank You to all the organizers and fellow drivers :)