CM drive - Secret driving skills

Kirill

Hello, everyone. Thank you all for this amazing event. Im looking forward to take part in more rides and enhance my skills. Also I would like to mention Rapailo and his amazing work on the briefing. He did a really great job explaining some of the basic understanding on how to drive in the desert. Im sure there is more to learn and I cant wait to do so.

Thank you for this great opportunity!

Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

After a 6 week break from off roading, I arrive to the CM with much excitement. It was great to be with my extended family once again on the beloved UAE dunes. It felt even better to see new members of the family on their first encounter with the club and the event brought me memories of my CM back in 2021.

Since my CM, I came a very long way, learned a lot from every single family member and I am truly thankful for that.

Arrived a little early, to see Brett, Giorgio and a couple of new faces. Deflated, flag up and enjoyed the chit chat till everyone arrived.

I was assigned to convoy 2 with Abu Salem in the lead, Ehab second lead, Rashid - Solmaz- daggerfall floating, and Brett sweeping. I was positioned in the beginning of the convoy and I believe everyone in front of me was doing a good job. A couple of second tries here and there as the members are getting to know their engines.

After 2 hours we completed 26kms and Al Shamsi called it a day and led the convoy to Al Qudra power line on the Gatch road. I saw many big smiles while inflating and I look forward to welcome all the club members back with their first star.

See you on the sand
Mghoneim
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

We had around 22 members for our new Club Members drive which is considered a moderate number where we are used to 40 - 60 fresh ones. Nevertheless, our Marshals and supporting " intermediates & advance " members were there to help our new family members.

The marshals decided to have a plan for our route that we could execute according to the convoy speed. Part one is 44 km, and Part two is 20 km extra. During this drive we just completed 20 km yaeh am not durnk I hope we were not hard on you guys/girls :yarr:

Regardless, the number of KMS we covered. The amount of learning that you gained. that what matters !!! cool

Frankly speaking, I had a very good pack and I'm expecting to see them next weekend to have more fun!!

Till next time, stay safe and looking forward to see you soon

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

It was some time ago that the last CM was held and I was somewhat surprised that the registration wasn't fuller, but anyhow less is more!

Great briefing by Rapailo; short, to the point and basics covered, not much more needed. Off we went, at first I started as a sweeper, however then one of my buddies lost his flag and we swapped positions out of practical reasons.
Some second tries, hardly any recoveries, very nice group of drivers!

Really looking forward to see all of you soon again, this is absolutely the best place to start your off road career and you will not be disappointed of what is to come!

See you soon,

Tom
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

Another CM drive under my belt...number 7 if I am not mistaken and this time, seasoned by my kids’ company which made a normal drive an “interesting” one while pleasing all their never-ending requests…whoever has kids will understand.

Anyway, this is not about kids, but the new family’s members so allow me to start my trip report with a warm Welcome to all of them. I hope you will enjoy the Club philosophy and soon become an active member.

Now the drive: I was assigned within rapailo’s convoy surrounded by many marshals and interm peers, being the support team scattered within the convoy. After a quick screening, I found my spot on it behind my beloved Pajero’s…I cannot refrain myself! But the guy did very well so there was not too much to be done ☹

All went as expected with the convoy performing well, no major issue, typical second tries and a couple or maybe three stuck cars. The normal CM menu served for late breakfast.

We finished on time, and I could see plenty of happy faces all around so what else can you ask for.

Thanks to all new members for showing up even with hot weather, founder, marshals and rescue team for joining and making this special event possible.

See you soon!
Carlos
Essami123

Dear all,

first of all let me thank all the members and Marshals for great support for CM drive done on 9sept. 2023,
really it was very nice and interesting, also i would like to mention Rapailo and his amazing work on he briefing , that is great job with full explaining some of basic understanding on how to drive in the desert.
i am interesting to know more during the coming drives and waiting to do so.
also i am thanks Mr. M Al Shamsi and all marshals for them gaiding the group members.
i am sure there is more still to learn in future while attending the next level of new be .
thanks to all of you

essam ibrahim
Essami123
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,
Firstly, a big welcome to the new Club Members for setting your alarms and making your way to the designated meeting point. It is always a pleasure to welcome new club members for their first drive and introduction to the Club and the philosophy (Safety First) of the Founders.
Thank you to Rapailo for the invaluable theory lesson delivered with his unique blend of important information and unique sense of humor. By the time the theory presentation and division of the drivers into 2 convoys was completed it was already starting to warm up. So, jumping into the car with the luxury of FJ aircon was a welcome respite.
I was appointed to the convoy of our founder Al Shamsi, with Ehab as 2nd lead, intermediates positioned between the first timers and myself with the pleasure of being Sweeper to ensure no one was left behind. As you continue your journey with Almost4x4 you will come to realize very quickly the various roles of the cars in the convoy to help you learn in a safe and controlled environment. We were especially fortunate to have Marshals Rasid Jass, Daggerfall and Solmaz floating to ensue everyone was safe and to give advice when required to complete the obstacles the new drivers encountered.
It is always interesting to join the CM drives and I never get tired of listening to the briefing as it reminds us not to be come Blaise of the fundamentals of offroad driving in this potentially hostile environment. For this drive I had a new experience where I had 2 passengers, my wife who has accompanied me on many of these CM drives and a visitor from Philippines having her first experience in the desert.
We had the expected number of 2nd tries on the climbs, there is no shame in needing a 2nd, 3rd 4th or more tries to clear a dune, this is much safer that the other scenario of flying off the crest – this may look spectacular, but the landing is never pretty. Being at the very back of the convoy we missed the opportunity to sit and chat with others while they waited for the convoy to reconnect at times when 2nd tries and stuck cars requiring recovery were helped back to the track. I only had to recover 1 car that became crested, this was quickly recovered under the expert guidance of Rashid Jass. I didn’t even need to get out of the car as Rashid and his passenger Paddy did all the work of attaching the Viking rope and unhitching once we dislodged the car from the crest.
Apologies for not hanging around at the end of the drive ot get to know the new members, I had another event to attend. I look forward to getting to know all the Newbie drivers in the weeks ahead once you have assembled your tools (written your trip reports) and been awarded your first star.
Thanks to all those who lead and supported the 2nd Convoy, Marshals Barish, Giorgio, Rapailo, Scorpio
Big Shout out to all the intermediates who turned out to welcome the new members and provided valuable support Tom, Laarni, Carlos, Nidal, Mpodriod, Deadpool, Ehab, Mghoneim etc apologies to the names I missed – I blame old age and memory loss.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Jeffflor

Hey, Everyone

I enjoyed the CM trip/drive, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and warm welcome to us (new faces). Special thanks to marshals and founder. Looking forward for more upcoming drives, can't waittttt....

See you on the sand!!! 😎
MuddassirT

Hi there..

I went for a dessert ride for first time with Almosters. Had a great thrilling experience, definitely looking forward for the next meet ✌

Regards
Muddassir T