Hunting High and Low II

Vika

Hello everyone!!! in love

Today, almost everyone knows how to drive a car, when you see a man driving, this is absolutely normal, a woman is also normal, but not all the girls are able to drive a car in the desert and it is almost impossible to meet such a bright and professional drivers as @Solmaz.Therefore, seeing the drive under her leadership, the alarm clock was set three times))))))

Meeting time 6.00 am, meeting place Al Nazwa. I was looking forward to this weekend like no other, because earlier I had to participate with @Solmaz only in women's drives, and I could only hear how good she is as a leader in a higher level drive. But y ou can never guess what's going on in that super smart head. And this time the surprise was not long in coming OSMILEY

Arriving at the meeting point, unexpectedly at the briefing we were informed that the leader is @Daggerfall , by the way, this is my first drive under his leadership, additionally the entire support and rescue team was isolated, I still can’t understand what was covered under this. @alshamsi_m is our guardian angel redbullsmiley.

Incredibly beautiful truck full of climbs and unpredictable drops, combined with safari style and arches. The weather, despite the hot summer, was very surprising with a pleasant fresh breeze and accompanied the flow of the convoy. And of course, it couldn't stay without situations, which is an integral part of the experience and especially mine. Offroading is never predictable and just a few wrong inches or a few seconds can knock you out, which is happened to me. Enjoying the beauty of the area around the Pink Rock, when, it would seem, everything was going fine, just at one point, at the slightest wrong maneuver, I heard a terrible crack, and as a result, two cut tyres and damaged rims.
How? Yes, simple! The desert does not forgive any mistakes, Vika!!! :ninja:

Every time, I marvel at this team spirit. Absolutely every participant did not remain indifferent to my incident. Many thanks to @alshamsi_m , who always has an individual approach to any situation, and to all the guys who helped me, this is an invaluable experience. Special thanks to @Jarema . @Jarema, it's only my fault, not yours. Thanks to my wheel-brother @Aljamhi , for the spare tire, and for all further support, @Tom, @Ahmedtodxb and all all all participants. Sorry, if I didn't mention everyone, I love you All.

After the liquidation of the incident, we continued to enjoy the stream. All together we arrived at the end point safe and sound and noone left behind! Everything else is part of the game!

Many thanks to @Solmaz, @Daggerfall, @alshamsi_m and everyone, who made this event possible.

With huge love until next time.

Your small trouble maker, yours Vika! :you_re_kidding_right:

"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
Zoubeir

Hunting High and Low II was, as Solmaz described it, an eventful drive.
Firstly, a lot of lessons learned in terms of car control, climbing dune on the leeward side as well as managing tyres in corners.

Tyre pop-outs are part of the game and we were served! A pop-out is yet another opportunity to learn how the technique to fix it. The teamwork came together and Alshamsi touched on all the technical aspects of fixing a pop-out, as well as what needs to be done afterwards (clearning/ balancing etc)

Unfortunately, the Pink (but sharp!) Rocks claimed two of Victoria's tyres. However, swift & efficient teamwork meant she was on the way sooner rather than later.

This drive is yet another reminder of the importance of having proper tools, as well as spare tyres in good condition. You never know what can happen in the harsh desert so best to be prepared rather than sorry.

Thank you to the leading marshall Daggerfall as well as Solmaz and Alshamsi for organizing the drive. Looking forward to many more in the next few weeks :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Good morning everyone

@Solmaz saved the day with a drive for the hungry newbies 10- . I think it is an opportunity for some because many are travelling for vacation so one more sand thumbsup.

It was pleasant to have @Daggerfall with us this morning. We were joking on the chat box saying that he got rusty after the long break but he just showed us. That our marshals don't get rusty easily :yarr:

We got a mix of all what Al Badayer could offer and that because of our leader cool. The drive finished on time but we couldn't notice because of the nice nature of this drive grin.

Thanks for @orlantsev for the support and all the intermediates who joined us too.

Looking forward to see soon and Eid Mubarak in advance

Cheers
Shamsi

Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

Seeing @Solmaz organizing this drive, immediately got me excited, but when @daggerfall joined the excitement went up even further, because that means we are in for a treat!

But then again, you never know what kind of treat...at the briefing it was said, the newbies go without intermediates and we got a very nice and super interesting lesson from Solmaz! Thank you so much for that, I personally really enjoyed this, especially the different perspective, so good!

I think we must admit that this different ballgame was to utmost concentration levels and still not executed well enough, but that is the way we learn; we make a mistake and we get coached in how to do it differently.
Once again, thank you!

Shamsi and Orlantsev were with the convoy the whole time guarding them and cutting us off from time to time, when we came too close ORLY
Enjoyed it to the fullest!

Thanks

Tom
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everyone,

Hunting high and low was a drive intended for our 10- newbies to experience a different mix of driving styles on some low and high dunes. As expected the drive was full immediately when registration opened and I received a great number of requests for extra seats. By chance, a surprise name offered his help and we were able to cater for more.

Just before the drive, we had a lot of last minute dropouts and ended up with an extra number of intermediates, enough to make up their own convoy. On my way to drive I came up with an idea to give our intermediates a different kind of training while also supporting the main convoy. So I left the main convoy to capable hands of @daggerfall, with @alshamsi_m and @orlantsev to support. Intermediates and I formed a separate all lead style intermediate convoy to float around the main convoy.

When we organize all-lead drives, the main idea is to see what drivers “could” do and how safe they do it. But floating around a convoy is not about what you could do, it is about what you “should” do. It requires a lof of informed guessing, intuition and risk assessment. It is about keeping a safe distance from the convoy while still being there when you are needed. I think this new drive concept has potential but it will need some polishing, especially in the communication aspect.

During the drive, the main convoy had a nice flow on the smaller dunes and some technical cllimbes on the higher section. Overall we had a fun but eventful drive as shared above, but every rescue, every recovery, every tire fix is a part of the game and a big part of the learning process.

Unfortunately, not everyone had the same amount of lead time in our convoy, hopefully watching the convoy from this new perspective was fun as I hope it would be. I would really love to read everyone's feedback.

Overall, we had pleasant weather, great people and great fun; what else could I want from a Saturday morning.

Thank you all for joining the drive.
Moustafa19
Crew
Crew

Hello everyone

The day started with very beautiful morning in nice climate

For the 1st time I was the 1st one reaching the meeting point 👻 “ was very exciting to drive with Solmaz “ so waked up early 😅

Surprised that they announced the convoy will be leading by daggerfall and without intermediate support !

But Solmaz and all supporting team was coming from no where one anyone need help

Was nice and interesting track with beautiful views thank you Daggerfall 😍 ( I wish if just was with higher speed)

We had enjoyed couple of 2nd try , pop out & tyre changes ( was the best time as usual)

time was flying and was wishing to stay more and more with you

Desert is open but nothing like to be with you 🙏😍

Thanks and see you soon
Moustafa

osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

I almost got my "interesting" report ready before the drive and wanted to wait for few details on facts so I can post it. But it was such a special drive for me I had to post two reports:

There is never a boring moment in Almost4x4 as there is always something interesting and joyful is being cooked in the kitchen. This time our chef Solmaz told the intermediates instead of blending into the newbies, to float around as a separate convoy, close enough to be ready and provide support as soon as needed but not too close to block, cross, endanger or confuse the main convoy. Our radios were tuned in two channels, one was the intermediate convoy which we communicated and the other one was the newbie channel which we listening to. We took turning leads and Solmaz was always the second car to have her watchful eye on both convoys. I drove first time in such style and I really liked it.

Daggerfall took the lead for the newbie convoy, Orland was floating as advanced support and of course Al Sahmsi was everywhere to guide the newbies. It was an eventful drive with number of stucks, pulls, pop-outs and even tyre cuts. That means a lot of learning as well. Thank you all.

An early Eid Mubarak and hoping to see you in September...

Now, comes the second report: I wondered what the cyberspace knows about the desert driving and Almost4x4 last week and asked ChatGPT to write a trip report. I provided a few key information about the drive and got the report below. I did not change the tone or style. I hope you will enjoy reading it, at least something could be interesting or gives you warm and fuzzy feeling...

Trip Report: Almost4x4 Offroad Club - Hunting High And Low II

Date: 17th June
Destination: Pink Rock, UAE Desert
Leading Marshals: Solmaz, Daggarfall
Participating Founder: Al Shamsi

Introduction:
The Almost4x4 Offroad Club, based in the UAE, embarked on a thrilling desert adventure named "Hunting High And Low II" to Pink Rock. The trip promised an adrenaline-fueled off-road experience, with a convoy of passionate off-roaders eager to explore the vast expanse of the desert. This trip report aims to capture the essence of our journey, highlighting the challenges faced, memorable moments, and the camaraderie that defines the Almost4x4 community.

Almost4x4 Offroad Club:
Almost4x4 Offroad Club has emerged as a prominent name in the off-roading community in the UAE. With its strong foundation and years of experience, the club has become a driving force in promoting safe and enjoyable off-road adventures. The club's philosophy is rooted in a shared passion for exploration, camaraderie, and responsible off-roading practices.

Safety is a top priority for Almost4x4 Offroad Club. The club maintains high safety standards by conducting thorough pre-trip briefings, ensuring that all participants are equipped with the necessary knowledge and safety protocols. In addition, the club offers regular training sessions and workshops, empowering members with the skills needed to handle challenging terrains and unexpected situations. This dedication to safety has resulted in a remarkable track record, earning the club a reputation as a reliable and trusted off-road community.

Almost4x4 Offroad Club prides itself on fostering a strong sense of camaraderie among its members. The club provides a welcoming environment for off-roaders of all skill levels, encouraging the exchange of knowledge, experiences, and tips. Whether it's through organized trips, online forums, or social events, members of Almost4x4 form lasting connections, united by their shared love for off-roading and the spirit of adventure. The club's founders and experienced leading marshals, such as Solmaz, Daggarfall, and the ever-present Al Shamsi, are dedicated to supporting and guiding fellow off-roaders, ensuring that everyone feels welcome, encouraged, and supported in their off-road journeys.

Departure and Support:
I left home at dawn, filled with excitement for the day's adventure. En route to the meeting point, I marveled at the breathtaking sunrise, a vibrant prelude to the action-packed day ahead. As I joined the convoy at the meeting point, the experienced marshals Solmaz and Daggarfall provided necessary instructions and guidance for the off-road journey. However, it was Al Shamsi, one of the club's founders, who truly stood out as a pillar of support throughout the trip.

Throughout the expedition, Al Shamsi's presence was felt at every turn. He was everywhere, supporting the drivers when they faced technical challenges and giving clear instructions on how to handle tricky situations. His emphasis on safety was unwavering, ensuring that every club member felt secure and confident as we pushed the limits of our off-roading skills.

Desert Exploration:
As the sun rose higher, casting its golden rays over the vast desert landscape, our convoy ventured deeper into the UAE desert, setting our sights on the mesmerizing Pink Rock formation. The towering dunes and intriguing rock formations beckoned us, promising an unforgettable off-road experience.

Navigating the ever-shifting sands demanded skill and precision. Each vehicle faced unique challenges, with drivers maneuvering through the soft sand while Al Shamsi's watchful eye provided guidance and support. His experience and knowledge were invaluable, ensuring that everyone navigated the dunes safely while experiencing the thrill of conquering each new obstacle.

Memorable Moments:
As we explored the desert, unforgettable moments etched themselves into our memories. The Pink Rock formation, with its vibrant hues and striking appearance, stood as a testament to nature's artistry. The club members captured photographs, immortalizing the beauty that surrounded us.

Amidst the adrenaline-fueled adventure, Al Shamsi's continuous support shone through. Whenever a driver encountered a technical challenge, he was there, offering expertise and assistance. His clear instructions helped us handle tricky situations with confidence, knowing that safety was always the utmost priority.

Camaraderie and Conclusion:
The Almost4x4 Offroad Club's camaraderie was strengthened throughout the journey. Solmaz and Daggarfall's leadership, combined with Al Shamsi's unwavering support, fostered a spirit of unity and encouragement among the club members. We relied on each other, sharing knowledge and experiences, creating an environment where everyone felt motivated to push their limits.

As the clock approached our designated finish time, we reluctantly turned our vehicles back towards civilization. The trip concluded with a sense of fulfillment and gratitude for the exceptional experiences shared. The bonds forged during "Hunting High And Low II" would forever remain a testament to the enduring spirit and dedication of the Almost4x4 Offroad Club.

Conclusion:
"Hunting High And Low II" was an exhilarating and unforgettable off-road adventure for the Almost4x4 Offroad Club. From the awe-inspiring Pink Rock formation to the technical challenges faced and overcome, our journey encaps.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters
Hunting High and Low II !

A few things were learned on this day – I started off leaving early with a plan to fill up with gas near home and grab a Mac Donald’s breakfast only to discover MD breakfast is only available from 5am, as it was only 4:45 that plan was cancelled.

So having copied the Google Maps link to my system off I headed, what a lovely morning and cool as the night sky started to lighten up. In the app it said meeting time 6am, but in the PM @solmaz had granted an addition 30min and changed it to 630am. I arrived at the meeting point by 545am and settled in to deflate and await the other members – strange 6am and still no one, other member were positing photos of the sunrise and I thought that looks the same as the view I have but no one else is actually here ! was I at the wrong meeting point or were they ?? I punched in the actual coordinates of the meeting point in my Garmin and discovered it was approx. 2km from where I was. So, I headed off and soon found @moustafa19 waiting at the “correct” meeting point. My day was not starting well !

Soon all the other drivers started to arrive with @alshamsi_m in the Jimny – and me thinking hmmm what is this all about. Then @daggerfall, my mind was wondering what was going to transpire ? @solmaz held the briefing and it was announced that the Newbies would have a convoy lead by @Daggerfall with @Alshamsi_m and @Orlantsev.

@solmaz then took the intermediates aside and explained we would be trying something new, a drive similar to “All Lead” but in a floating role, with @solmaz as 2nd lead to keep an eye on the designated lead. We were to shadow the main convoy and drive in parallel close enough to render assistance if required but far enough away as not to cross the main convoy or get in the way of @daggerfalls chosen track.

The benefit of having the capability to monitor our convoy’s radio channel and also the main convoy channel was both useful and at times confusing – needing to understand who was saying what over the radio.

Before I go further I wanted to say that our convoy did a really good job and it was interesting to see the different driving styles of the driver leading we had @tomvanhoten, @pedroleah, @laarni, @osman and @petr all having a turn at “lead” I was happy to sit behind @Solmaz as I was not yet confident enough to have to find the right line while keeping the main convoy in view, monitoring 2 radio channels and the knowledge of the responsibility of my fellow drivers following my line ! maybe next time I will give it a try.

The main convoy drive was (in my opinion) rather disjointed, with too many stucks, second tries and popouts considering these guys have a number of drives under their belt already
Points to think about
- Follow the track of the lead car
- Don’t fight gravity
- Call you stuck or 2nd try quickly
- Manage the correct following distance
- Giving advise is something that should be left to the Marshals, you don’t want to be responsible for giving the wrong instructions and then it all going wrong, the Marshals have something we don’t – EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE.

We had one really unfortunate episode with @Victoria managing to shred not one but 2 tires on the infamous Pink Rock climb – those rocks are sharp, nasty and unforgiving. But as with all the stucks, popouts and the shredding the Almost4x4 family spirit and assistance prevailed, and all incidents were resolved quickly, safely and professionally.

It really was an insightful and learning morning in so many ways ,thank you for arranging @solmaz, welcome back @daggerfall, for your guidance @alshamsi_m. Welcome back also @Orlantsev. And of course to all my fellow intermediates - job well done @Tomvanhouten, @Laarni, @petr, @PedroLeah @osman
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Paddy

As quoted by @Viktoriia anyone can drive on a straight road but driving offroad is totally a different ballgame. It’s not that you have a 4x4 car and you can drive offroad same as you drive on-road. It takes years to master art of driving offroad as you can always expect, unexpected.

@Solmaz mentioned in the drive description what to expect from the drive, but she had a surprise planned for everyone. Separate convoys for Newbies and Intermediates. It was a first for me, which gave me a sense of more responsibility. But as Almost4x4 is all about safety first, she made sure both the convoys are driving close enough to help newbies and far enough to give newbies a chance to perform better. I met @daggerfall for the first time when I did my CM, and finally got a chance to drive with him.

And as the level of newbies is increasing this drive had enough to show all of us what to expect from desert, like every other drive focus was for me to learn about proper distancing and proper communication. In this drive I experienced fishtailing, and that immediately alerted me, as it meant to happen but as a driver it’s us who must control it. If we are unable to control means, we are not in control of our vehicle. I tried to control it by managing the speed/acceleration, and it did help. However, as we continue to drive, we will get more control as in how much acceleration to use in different situations.

We had few situations however as we had our beloved founder @alshamsi_m who made sure that it doesn’t affect the drive and we all learn how to deal with such situations. In Almost4x4 we not only learning how to come in desert drive and go back home. We are learning how to survive in desert when no help is around.

A big Thanks to @alshamsi_m, @daggerfall and @Solmaz for arranging this beautiful drive which was full of learning. This post will be half written if I do not mention @brett as he is the one who talks less but whenever he talks it means well and full of knowledge and experience. Thank you @Brett for always being around to help as well as groom us newbies. Thank you @Orlantsev, @Tomvanhouten, @Laarni, @petr, @PedroLeah, @osman for being there to help rescue and recover.

Looking forward to meeting you all on sand again.

Regards
Paddy
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

It was good to be back after a while, meeting with old friends and seeing new faces in our Almost4x4 family. have a nice day

The weather was surprisingly good despite we are at the middle of June, and this makes our challenges easier to tackle. As the name of the drive indicates, we went through a combination of high and low dunes. We tried to keep the balance between making it a little bit challenging and keep the convoy flowing and everybody did well in general thumbsup

As usual we managed to tackle all the challenges with good teamwork and great support from all members which makes it a memorable drive and strengthens the bond of our members!

Thanks for @solmaz for organizing the drive and trusting me with the lead and @alshamsi_m who embedded this amazing fellowship to the core of our Club! And @orlantsev , @Tomvanhouten and other intermediates who supported us!

Looking forward to see you again soon! have a nice day
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31