Summer Constellation II

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Another nice turned up of our new members with a convoy of 26 cars in a single convoy. The day started with meeting friends, members, and the usual suspects thumbsup . I noticed that two of our members introduced their wives to join this drive which means that they are planning to go into more ventures with their partner and the family cool

I received a comment that we had a nice route for this drive and at the back of my head I was thinking, this is the same route we did for last CM and Eid drive but then I rememberd that when I started offroading all the places looked the same and later stage I started to know the difference brigade.baka-wolf.com so it is okey guys if you feel a little bit lost blank.

Thanks for @Barish , @Rashidjass for the support and our organizer @Scorpio. Not forget @Pedro who was helping the CREW team by orgaizing the place
and finally our Media team @nidal78 & @Ehab and I think I saw @mpodroid somewhere at the back Psmiley

Looking forward to see you next week and might introduce you to my friend MR. cool

See you in the sand
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another CM drive and a warm welcome to all of the New Members.

Relatively small number of new cars so the new members just got lucky, this will mean more attention from Marshalls hence faster learning.

Drive organized by Scorpio who shared the presentation/demonstration with Shamsi.

One convoy lead by Shamsi with Scorpio, Rashid and Barish floating around for support, a high number of intermediate drivers within the convoy to provide assistance as and when needed.

Nicely selected track by the leading car to give a very first introduction to desert driving to the new members, convoy in general terms did reasonably well without any major situation.

If I may and from my position in the middle of the convoy a few general recommendations to the New Members:

- Radio communication, you need a radio and you need to get used to using it both for receiving instructions and communicating with the convoy.

- Distance. Of course when facing an obstacle you need to wait for the clearance but afterwards, in the flat where it is safe, try to catch up with the car in front of you, that car is your "best friend", it is telling you what is coming ahead, if you can not see the car in front of you it is bad for you and your car as you are taking higher risks.

- If you do not want some small damage in your car (normally plastic parts or small issues) better you do not drive in the sand. Good news is that Marshalls will keep you safe from major issues if you follow their instructions but some minor issues are unavoidable.

- 2nd tries and stucks are expected, it is part of the game, you are learning as it is the normal thing to happen, there is nothing wrong with a cautious approach while learning and building confidence.

On a personal note very happy to see my true love back on the sand and coming back home without any damage.

Now get your tools ready and enjoy the beautiful adventure you are about to start!!!

See you on the sand soon.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

David wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:57 am
On a personal note very happy to see my true love back on the sand and coming back home without any damage.

Why do I have the feeling that he was talking about the 🚙 , not the wife ??? 🤔
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

It is getting hotter nowadays, but it doesn't mean Almost doesn't drive. We drive thru out the year, like nothing stops us!

Welcome to the club for all new members, really hoped you enjoyed your introduction to this great hobby..now it is time to get your tools and show up next week again! Sure that you will love it and hope to see you around with us.

The drive itself was lovely, this area is simply beautiful!
Cm drives can be unexpected in terms of level, rescues, situations encountered and that is exactly why I don't want to miss any. We learn a lot during these drives.
Two small rescues from my side, which I guess, is really not bad

Hope everyone enjoyed and see you soon again,

Tom
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Because you are a smart person
alshamsi_m wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:00 pm
David wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:57 am

Why do I have the feeling that he was talking about the 🚙 , not the wife ??? 🤔
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

Another CM & another batch of eager newbies trying to figure out whether this hobby is up to them or not.

By experience, we won’t see any more a few members joining the past CM but this does not mean anything wrong. On the contrary, this is like natural selection, only the strongest ones will “survive” and keep on driving and growing within the Club for many drives to come. And one day, who knows, we may see one of them becoming a Marshal. :ninja:

Driving within Almost is like observing your kids growing: You don’t realize how old you are getting until you see that you babies are not any more hopeless creatures and they are becoming kids and teenagers. This is the same, the more CM drives I join the more I feel that I am getting older…ok, let’s call it senior, within the club and getting more experienced too.

And this is a fantastic feeling because first, you start feeling at some point that the pay-off is there and you become more independent, confident and capable of making your own decisions (sometime right ones brigade.baka-wolf.com ) and on the other hand, it is also quite satisfactory because you are in a good position for helping others to grow. thumbsup

I can only compare to Newbie level but so far, Intermediate level (2 stars) is amazing because you keep on sharpening your skills, having thrilling drives and tons of fun, becoming independent and as I said, capable of helping others. Maybe, that is the reason some call it the “Fun level”. ORLY

Just realized that I have not said anything yet about the drive…and now I am not going to erase any of the above so I will try to catch up, like in the drives when following Mr. Cool. cool

As mentioned in previous reports, we had a long single convoy perfectly managed by our founder and Master of Masters @alshamsi_m supported by General @Barish and Mr. Tailor of the Dunes @Scorpio with Mr. Everywhere
@Rashidjass honoring my car with his presence. And plenty of support showed up, I would say that 1 newbie per Interm.

We had an excellent drive without any major incident, not counting on purpose Pajero’s rear bumpers “natural” modifications whut which is a classic in the menu.

See you soon.

Carlos
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

Another club member drive, a special event once again!
I arrived early to find @Sorin already at the meeting point.
My mission was to setup the area for welcoming the participants, especially the new members.
This is usually a job for our crew team, but unfortunately neither @KIMOz nor @brett could join, so I offered myself to do it.
It was fun to see some members asking who setup the teardrops?? Where is crew?? It happens that dispite their low profile, crew team is noticed and very well appreciated!
The new members started to arrive and, as usual, the intermediate support and rescue team started welcoming them and assisting them to deflate, as some of the new members were doing it for the first time.
With everybody set, the organising marshal @Scorpio started the briefing calling the attendance, welcoming everyone and explaining the event and telling the history of our beloved club.
Then our founder @alshamsi_m took the stage to deliver another offroad theory masterclass explaining the offroad safety and discipline fundamentals.
We then moved to our cars to form a 26 car single convoy led by @alshamsi_m ,2nd led by @Rathica and swept by @nidal78.
Protecting and overseeing the convoy we had our marshals @Scorpio, @Barish and @Rashidjass floating.
Since there was practically a parity, intermediate members were placed one in between every new member.
This gave the chance to new members to observe close an experienced driver and try to replicate.
The drive itself was very smooth, crossing a beautiful area, and no major issues or stucks happened, with some expected 2nd tries.
As usual, at the end of the drive, all new drivers were vibrant and happy, so I hope they found their hobby and will keep coming!

Thank you everyone for joining, and hope to see you soon in the sand again!

Pedro
Abualiya
Club Member
Club Member

Salamualeikum.

Is there any chance to participate on the upcoming Stars Track XV? Or is there a waiting list maybe?

Thank you!
alshamsi_m wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:42 am Hello Everyone

Another nice turned up of our new members with a convoy of 26 cars in a single convoy. The day started with meeting friends, members, and the usual suspects thumbsup . I noticed that two of our members introduced their wives to join this drive which means that they are planning to go into more ventures with their partner and the family cool

I received a comment that we had a nice route for this drive and at the back of my head I was thinking, this is the same route we did for last CM and Eid drive but then I rememberd that when I started offroading all the places looked the same and later stage I started to know the difference brigade.baka-wolf.com so it is okey guys if you feel a little bit lost blank.

Thanks for @Barish , @Rashidjass for the support and our organizer @Scorpio. Not forget @Pedro who was helping the CREW team by orgaizing the place
and finally our Media team @nidal78 & @Ehab and I think I saw @mpodroid somewhere at the back Psmiley

Looking forward to see you next week and might introduce you to my friend MR. cool

See you in the sand
Shamsi
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Abualiya wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:42 pm Salamualeikum.

Is there any chance to participate on the upcoming Stars Track XV? Or is there a waiting list maybe?

Thank you!
Hello Abualiya

The Stars Track is a drive for our Club Members like you who just made their first drive last weekend. There is a way to join the upcoming drive by doing the following :

1. Ask the organizer of the upcoming drive that you would like to join by PM or What's up or Telegram @Barish with the commitment that you will be having all the newbie tools with you.

Minimum Recovery Equipment:
- Rated (approved) snatch strap
- 2 Rated Shackles
- Rated Hook
- Car jack
- Tyre deflator
- Shovel
- Spare tyre in good shape
- Front & rear towing points
- Air compressor
- Base plate for jacking vehicle
- Mechanical tools

Minimum Safety Equipment :
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher (Dry Powder)
- Flag pole including flag
- Communication device (Walkie-talkie)
P.S : if you don't know the tools check this LINK

2. watch the following video

If you both accept then the marshal will check your tools before the drive and allow you to drive with us. Also will request for your upgrade to the FIRST STAR.

Otherwise you can wait until next Club Members drive which is every 6 - 8 weeks

All the best
Shamsi