Go Fast 2

Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters!

I am so glad this drive took place earlier than planned as I would have missed it in the first week of Feb. Arriving to the meeting point a little early ,@Ehab &@orlantsev[/ @ehab&@orwere deflating, at the drive time everyone gather up and @optimus splitted the members in to two convoys. Convoy 1 for 10+ and some intermediates led by himself and convoy 2 for intermediates led by@Rashidjass .

Kicked off the drive with a fast pace and I was following the second lead @mpodroid however some members were losing the track due to big gaps. The first half of the he drive the speed was high and we had big gaps and some second tries, while the second half was a beautiful flow of arches, switches and BIG bowls.

Totally enjoyed myself, and as always @optimus never fails to put on a great drive especially in Nahil.

Thanks for @optimus for organizing the drive, @alshamsi_m and @Mahmoodyasin for floating and all other interms for the support.

See you on the sand
MGhoneim
Cheers,
MGhoneim
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello all.
Go fast 2 did not disappoint anyone. It was the perfect combination of weather, place and people.
This are has become my personal favorite as it is beautiful and super fun to drive in.
For me the drive it was divided in two main parts, first one I was not 100% focus but second one I was there 110%.
No pop outs and no problems during the whole drive, just my passenger was a little bit dizzy but as @optimus says “what does not kill you makes you stronger”, so he will return to Spain with a proper shoot of sand and dunes 😂.
Thanks @optimus for the track to keep improving skills and confidence in my driving. Thanks @Shamsi for all your support and supervision, you are everywhere. Thanks @mahmood for your one on one on side cresting. And of course thanks to all the crew and support cars and all newbies to perform so well.

A couple of learnings from this drive and the progression continues.
Looking forward to what it is to come.

See you in the sand.
Ehab
media
media

Not only professional offroaders, but also very generous.
GNFD was rescheduled mid week, our marshals immediately decided to prepone a drive in Nahil for 10+ newbies. Many intermediates joined support convoy and our marshals were generous and decided to take intermediates in a separate convoy led by Rashid. Newbies convoy was led by Optimus in the same area and from what we saw, they had fun.
Our convoy had lot of fun with side cresting and maneuvering big bowls, for me i am getting more comfortable with the car and getting used to it step by step.

Thanks for the surprise @optimus and @Rashidjass

Enjoy watching

orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Hello all,

the timing of the drive was great as I had few meetings in Dubai on Saturday and needed to pick up my parents from DWC at night. I have been away for 2 month and was slightly out of practice with the app, so by the time I logged on the convoy was full. Strangely I got admitted to the marshal's convoy, befor being moved to support.

I got to the meeting point very much ahead of time and met @Ehab who was having lunch. I just came out from the meeting so if I kept the same attire I would have been the smartest dressed almoster :) but I keep some change in a car and since there was no formal dress code in the trip description I dressed down.

I already received a hint in Jass Garage that there was a possibility for an intermediate convoy, so when it was split into Newbie + 10 and Intermediates I was not surprised.

I was a sweeper at intermediate convoy led by @Rashidjass. It was not a super fast drive, but challenging due to some high crests. The most common issue during the drive was crested cars which we had multiple times. I had to pull @brett from one of the crests and the slope was very steep that I only saw blue sky and a bit of yellow FJ.

There was good fun in bowls, but when Newbie convoy arrived in the same area and we were watching them my adrenaline was higher than driving the bowl myself.

It was a pleasant surprise from organizers and thanks to everyone who participated.

On the way back I had a nasty rear tire blowout on E 311. The car fishtailed, but luckily I managed to control it. It was a straight highway with no cars around. A bit traumatic experience as just few weeks ago a nephew of my colleague got killed in Saudi when the car rolled over as a result of tire burst. I literally spoke to her few days before about that incident.

Best wishes
nidal78
media
media

Hi almosters
What an amazing day it was🤩
“ Go fast 2” was one of the remarkable drives that you wish it never end
When you see
@alshamsi_m @Rashidjass @optimus and many great drivers names you know that the fun is guarantee
We were split in 2 convoys intermediate lead by @Rashidjass and +10 newbies lead by @optimus
@mpodroid was our 2 lead me at the back as sweeper @alshamsi_m and @Mahmoodyasin floting to keep an eye on everyone
The drive started with fast base and that was expected from our leader he gave everyone a shock to wake them up 💥💥💥😁
Very nice arches a lot of switching between the dunes fast safari style nice flow by the drivers although we had few 2nd tries and some instructions break from our guardian angel @alshamsi_m but the base was amazing and the cherry on the cake was when @optimus allowed us to play in a very big bowl were we tasted the flavor of intermediate level
My lessons taken from this drive:
Always keep bigger distances in higher and fast base drive but not too far or you going to lose the track
Clean your car air filter after each drive because it will effect your car performance and that what happened to me in one of the bowls ( my car was losing power on the arch) but after cleaning it all went good
Finally I would like to thank @optimus for organizing this drive and for his amazing leading ( I am already big fan of you 😎) our beloved master of the masters @alshamsi_m for all his instructions and efforts @Mahmoodyasin for keeping eye on everyone, our intermediates who were relaxed and enjoying the drive with no help needed 😁 to my fellows who did really great 👍
And for sure to @Rashidjass and our friends in the intermediate convoy I am sure you had an amazing drive as well guys 😎
Till next time stay safe and see you soon on sand
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

"Go fast" drive made a mark in our memories, so the expectations for "Go fast II" were quite high.
However, during the attendance call, @optimus gifted some of the Intermediates with an exclusive small convoy of 5 intermediate drivers led by @Rashidjass and sweeped/supported by @orlantsev.
The drive was not fast, but @Rashidjass gave us the opportunity to practice uphill cresting many times.
This made some of us to get crested a few times, but it was a good learning that allowed us to understand the required momentum, and the importance of knowing when is the moment to give up before getting crested!
We also had the opportunity to play around the "Dream Bowl" for quite some time until the Newbies convoy arrived to play. Once they arrived, we sat on a balcony to watch them have fun!
(Note: If you want to know why I call this bowl the "Dream bowl", read this post: viewtopic.php?p=57116&hilit=dream+bowl#p57116)
The drive came to an end close to the sunset time, where both convoys joined to end the drive and celebrate the moment with a family photo.
I'd like to thank Marshals @optimus for organizing the drive, @Rashidjass for leading our intermediate convoy, and Founder @alshamsi_m for supporting the drive and offering coffee, karak and dates!

See you soon in the sand!

Pedro
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Go Fast II
Level : Newbie 10+
Area : Nahil
Organizer : Optimus
Lead : Optimus
Marshal support : @alshamsi_m & @Rashidjass
Adv Support : @Mahmoodyasin & @orlantsev

I met Rashid & Mahmood enroute to the meeting point at our usual get together café & we moved together to the meeting point.

Since we had a good number of intermediates. We decided to make 2 convoys. One for 10+ & the other for intermediates.

I took the newbie convoy with Bu Salem & Mahmood as support & handed over the intermediate lot to Rashid.

With @mpodroid at the 2nd lead, the first part of the drive was fast, drivers were challenged with basic climbs, archs, few side crest were executed to see the convoy reaction. However few drivers were constantly being reminded to control their cars & focus. As a club, we take safety as our first priority therefore I had to decrease the level to meet with the weakest car in the convoy. Eventually the convoy performed great. At some sections we were able to reach the max rpm. The engines were roaring.

The drive ended on time at 1730 hrs. It was good to see the exited drivers and their passengers.

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

I was lucky to enroll this short notice drive since I checked telegram and the app at the right time(s). Although the drive was announced as 10+, only five 10+ put their names while there was three INT and ADV drivers for each NB. So, the support convoy was the one on high demand while the main convoy was like 1 second past 6 o'clock on a usual enrollment date..

After we gathered up at the meeting point, @optimus made the necessary adjustment for intermediate inflation and made a separate convoy for @brett, @Ehab, @PedroLeal, myself, @ImranFJ led by @Rashidjass and swept by @orlantsev.

I had only one newbie support drive in December in the last three months and my driving style showed my rust soon after we started driving. I am glad that we hit the big dunes later on the drive rather than a warm-up exercise. @alshamsi_m joined the other convoy, maybe after the first quarter of time was passed and then later on we joined his karak, coffee and date break. Later on we re-joined with the other convoy again for spinning around the big bowl for the second time. Overall we had a couple second tries, few pulls and self recoveries which impacted the flow from time to time. But in general it was a smooth and very enjoyable drive.

We finished the drive at the announced finish time and had a picture with the whole group with everyone smiling and looking forward the next drive day.

Thanks @optimus for organizing this drive, of course, great @Rashidjass for the excellent lead for yet another very memorable drive and also @alshamsi_m for the little bird that alerted to watch the app.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,

I just realised it is friday already and I had not yet posted a drive report ! seems it was also a go fast week at the office.
Thanks to @optimus for arranging the drive at short notice, and @alshamsi_m @Rashidjass for lending your support and experience to the convoys

I arrived at the meeting point on time, the weather was fantastic with a cool breeze blowing

@optimus gave the briefing and split the group into 2 convoys. I was assigned to the convoy lead by infamous @Rashidjass with me in 2nd lead or should that be renamed first victim position ! fellow intermediates lined up @Ehab @osman @PedroLeal @imran and our floating support @orlantsev.

@Rashidjass had a secret balance weapon with @AZK89 seated as his passenger. the drive was not lightening fast but it required 120% concentration trying to follow as closely as possible behind Rashid but not too close, there are reasons why he is called the king of crests and a mountain goat ! I managed to get crested I think 3 times - or was it 4 ? messing up my approach angle, or running out of momentum on the crest and having to be unceremoniously pulled off. Although I was not alone in my struggles on a couple of occasions when I could not make the climb and had to turn down, others also tried and had to turn down and yet Rashid had seemed to climb, crest, continue uphill crest and then cross to the other side with complete ease ! it certainly was a lesson to us all.

Playing in the bowl and then sitting above and watching while the 10+ newbies in the same bowl was very entertaining

As the sun began to set we headed out to inflate and chit chat. To sum up it was a fantastic day ! Possibly my worst 2nd lead performance ever ! but a fantastic opportunity to learn, Thank you @Rashidjass apologies to the rest of the convoy for having to wait a few times while I was extricated from the crests - but at least it gave you the chance to catch your breath.

There are some great events coming up over the next few weeks - CM Camp, CM Drive, Meat & Greet Camp and All in Drive, looking forward to seeing you all again soon
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

For some reason, I think I was not FAST enough because I miss calculated the time to the meeting point so I was like 15 before the briefing brigade.baka-wolf.com

The drive was organized and led by @optimus who gave us a very good safari style with a semi-cresting style. the area is really nice and can give all the styles up to the intermediate level.

We had a very nice flow with no major issues and we finished on time. Thanks for all who joined and looking forward to see you in the sand

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills