Weekend Warriors IV

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great newbie drive lead by Solmaz and supported by Shamsi, Rashid and Scorpio (great to see him back!!!)

Long convoy with a mixture of cars and levels of experience, Solmaz selected a very scenic track around very beautiful dunes, maybe one day she might want to show us around there at a different speed and height ... cool

I got very lucky, Rashid wanted to let Scorpio drive alone so asked me if he could join me as passenger, as a result I got company to share stories with plus the chance to move around with a bit more freedom following his instructions. thumbsup

Drive went as expected, normal teething issues, my comments:

- Please please please keep the right distance with the car ahead of you, if the car ahead gets into trouble do NOT end up next to it making things worst, you should never try to overtake.

- "Hard on the engine and soft on the tires", flooring it will not damage your car or get you into trouble, it is fighting gravity, selecting the wrong line, pushing the tires the wrong way when the car is begging for a different direction, ... that will.

- If you get stuck do not panic, Marshalls are there to help you, follow their instructions and ask if not clear, there is no shame in getting stuck, it is part of the learning process.

Finally just to say thank you to everyone that participated in the drive, specially to the organizing Marshall Solmaz, just only one thing missing, hopefully next time also there her other half (with the right car killzonesmiley )

See you on the sand soon.
Last edited by David on Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basil

Hey Almosters,

Id like to start thanking @Solmaz who led the convoy, @alshamsi_m ,and the other marshals that were there to support us. Its always inspiring to see the marshals driving around so effortlessly.

Coming to this drive I was very eager to push myself, because I had gained a lot of confidence in the Badayer desert last drive. After a quick briefing, we were given positions. I was right behind @brett , this time in his yellow fj, making it fairly easy to follow. It was easy to navigate as he often showed my exactly how to deal with the terrain right before I had to.
The convoy was around 20 cars long. Drive felt relatively smooth, we started with drops which gradually got higher and we also learned our way around some arches. Personally, I find arches real fun so I was thrilled to have them. I feel a lot more comfortable with drops and I'm learning how to control my car better each drive.

Every drive I feel more eager to explore the desert, and I am immeasurably grateful to Almost4x4 for making it so convenient for me to do so.

See you on the sand !
Sanadshaikh

Great start as a newbie - nice track, mix of challenging dunes and relaxed routes, amazing views and a great crowd. Long way to go and much to learn from the Marshalls and other drivers. Looking forward to more newbie drives :)
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

A big convoy of off road enthusiasts, four great marshals and a great setting in terrain! Nothing could go wrong and it didn't..I had a great time in the front of the convoy sitting around the fifth position.

@Solmaz always knows how to give some interesting lines and with the remainder of the marshals watching the convoy, we had plain fun!
The drive itself went smooth and without major incidents. The normal stucks and second tries, is just something everyone has to get thru and being with Almost4x4 is the best way of experiencing that in a safe way!

Hope to see everyone in these numbers back for the next newbie event, you all did very well!

Tom
nidal78
media
media

Hi almosters
Another wonderful drive with the best Offroad club in UAE
After a long break for me due to sale my Red Monster GMC I came back full of hanger to drive with my new Nissan pathfinder ( Shadow 😎)
Our great marshal @Solmaz gave me the honor to be her second lead for the first time ( thank you Solmaz😇)
Our leader chose a very nice track for our fresh newbies to improve their driving skills, many straight crest, small arches and small climbs
At the beginning some drivers had some difficulties but after some instruction and advices from our marshals we had a very good flow, of course we had some stucks and second tries which is very normal in this level and it is an important part of the drives improvement and learning journey
At the end I would like to thank our marshal and leader @Solmaz for organizing this nice drive and for her great lead, our founder the legendary Abu Salim, our guardian marshals Rashidjass and Scorpio ( it was great to see you back on sand brother 😊) and big thanks to support team (intermediate) for all your efforts
Till next time be safe and see you soon on sand
korym

Drive Name : Weekend Warriors IV
Organizer: @Solmaz
Level: -5 newbies Drive
Duration: 2.58 Hours
Distance 27.35 KM

as you already read many thanks to our Organizer @Solmaz it was really nice and smooth drive for me specially it comes after good camp one night before

Drive Start with me one night before when i reach the meeting point of the Camp and discovered that the meeting point for the drive the same of Camp Meeting Point whut whut i stay till 11.30 PM and needed to leave to drop my family back to Ajman and manage to come back again for the morning Drive :oh_noes: and actually i never regret to drive those 400 KM specially after finishing that drive

for the First Time i wasn't @Ehab Customer to Pull me over :yaeh_am_not_durnk: or @Rashidjass to Visit him after the Drive ORLY ORLY

It was so Smooth Drive for -5 Level start with good briefing from our Marshal @Solmaz followed by organizing Cars as usual we had some difficulties at the begaining and some less radio communications and not good right distance

we had one stop to get some instructions from our founder @alshamsi_m for our safety.

then drive went smooth and fun, for the first time i didn't feel that my car is the weakest one in the convoy may be i start to understand it well or the drive level was below the car capabilities any way i had fun Psmiley Psmiley

before drive end @Ehab need to leave due Omar not feeling well, insallah he will be ok as i hope

Finally i would like to thank everyone on the convoy for that amazing 3 Hours Drive

Thanks @Solmaz for amazing Drive @nidal78 for the second lead
Thanks@alshamsi_m for your support during all the drive
Thanks @Rashidjass @Scorpio for your Support to all of us (nice to see you again @Scorpio )
Thanks @Ehab for support @David for the tape and finding my flag have a nice day
Thanks @Laarni for support and duct tape
THanks @brett for your tip about positioning thumbsup
thanks @Tomvanhouten for support and seeing me little flying yaeh am not durnk yaeh am not durnk

Thanks Everyone for Such amazing drive and sorry for my long report if you read till this point then you are a warrior grin
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

Very nice drive organized and magnifically executed by @Solmaz with a founder and two other marshals keeping an eye on the convoy (@alshamsi_m , @Scorpio and @Rashidjass ) but let’s start from the beginning…

All started the night before with the first camping of the “winter” season organized by Shamsi (thanks a lot for that) with a lot of people coming up for dinner but only a few actually camping…the bravest ones cool I guess. Anyway, once quick breakfast was served and “dispatched” we (my son and I) went to the MP and saw a significant amount of drivers and support. At some point of time, I thought…”with 4 marshals and plenty of support we may be surprised with a parallel drive, higher level” playingsmiley but it finally did not happen. But still ok, we had a lot of fun with Weekend Warriors IV drive! thumbsup

The drive itself has been already described above, plenty of arches, straight dunes and beautiful scenery. And the convoy did quite well, with just a few second tries and stucks…actually, no need to use the viking rope in the whole day. TT TT

We finished on time with a smile in our face looking forward for the next adventure! have a nice day

See you then
Carlos
Last edited by CARLOSS on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well-done Basil,
you are making a significant progress in just little time...just keep it up! thumbsup

basil wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:39 pm Hey Almosters,

Id like to start thanking @Solmaz who led the convoy, @alshamsi_m ,and the other marshals that were there to support us. Its always inspiring to see the marshals driving around so effortlessly.

Coming to this drive I was very eager to push myself, because I had gained a lot of confidence in the Badayer desert last drive. After a quick briefing, we were given positions. I was right behind @brett , this time in his yellow fj, making it fairly easy to follow. It was easy to navigate as he often showed my exactly how to deal with the terrain right before I had to.
The convoy was around 20 cars long. Drive felt relatively smooth, we started with drops which gradually got higher and we also learned our way around some arches. Personally, I find arches real fun so I was thrilled to have them. I feel a lot more comfortable with drops and I'm learning how to control my car better each drive.

Every drive I feel more eager to explore the desert, and I am immeasurably grateful to Almost4x4 for making it so convenient for me to do so.

See you on the sand !
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,
Part 1 – The Camp
We set off from home on Friday evening a short 45min drive from home to the camping spot. Once we arrived at the meeting point and deflating, I assisted @Mafalda to deflate the Grand Cherokee while the other campers started to arrive.
The short drive to the designated camping spot was without incident and even the less “modified” cars and CM drivers had no problem.
We set about making the fire with many pointers being given on location of fire – where to sit where to set up our BBQ etc.
I tried out my new portable gas stove/BBQ grill and had my burgers and sausages cooked in no time, while the other more diehard BBQ were still waiting for charcoal to be ready.
@Tomvanhouten created his by now “Signature Dish” chicken satay with his homemade secret ingredient peanut sauce – it was superb. @PedroLeal prepared NZ Ribeye strips grilled with garlic olive oil and rosemary served on slices of baguette – also superb. There is some real potential for a battle of the grill at this years Meat and Greet event.
After a great night of stories and comradery around the campfire we eventually headed off to set up our tent at 1:30am !! leaving only a few hours to catch some ZZZzzzzzz before the alarm at 6am.
The weather was perfect for camping and a brisk 21C at 6am
We decamped after breakfast and headed back to the meeting point for Weekend Warriors IV
Part 2 – The Drive
A big thank to @Solmaz for organizing the drive for the -5 Newbies. This was to be a very large convoy with an intermediate place between every 2 or 3 Newbies.
Thanks, to our founder @alshamsi_m as floating marshal supported also by @Rashidjass who was to passenger with @David to allow him the opportunity to experience the floating role under the expert guidance and special thanks to @Scorpio also floating and keeping a watchful eye on the convoy – great to see you back with us.
@nidal78 had the honor of 2nd lead in his new pathfinder, @Tomvanhouten up in the front section of the convoy to assist the Newbies – great to see you in the front section for a change rather than down at the tail sweeping.
The Intermediates scattered throughout the convoy for support @Laarni , @CARLOSS @PedroLeal and @Ehab to ensure the event was captured on video, with myself mid convoy. As mentioned, the track chosen by @Solmaz was a nice flowing track with just enough to challenge the new drivers. We had as mentioned a few 2nd tries and stucks but this is normal for the drivers as they start to learn more about their car and their own abilities as their journey progresses. It was great to see the improvements already in some of the newbies – keep coming to the drives, keep learning.
Looking forward to seeing you all again at the upcoming drives and events with the best offroad club in the UAE
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

I had the camp on Friday night since I prefer to sleep next to morning drive meeting area as I am not a morning person in my holidays Psmiley.

We had enough support of intermediates but the way our leading marshal was taking the beautiful lines didn't allow much of rescue.

The drive finished before we know it and we had to head back home :slow:

I would thank our organiser @Solmaz for doing the heavy lifting and to @Scorpio for supporting although he lives in another country. Also @Rashidjass for keeping an eye on everyone.

I feel that we are going to have another amazing season after the long lock-downs and trouble people had for the last few years.

Wish you all the best and looking forward to see you in the sand 😀

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills