Let's get ready

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

Morning drive in this area was kind of new to me, but nice.

I must say, I really wasn't focused, alert and everything I did, seemed to go wrong. Kind of a weird experience for me and my apologies to the group for my 'off day'.

The drive itself was thru a bumpy and rather technical area, which gave a good opportunity for the skills to be polished.
Lovely drive @giorgio !

Short report this time, see you on the next one!

Tom
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

This 10- level drive was designed to welcome back our drivers from their summer break.

As the weather is improving we found ourselves in a cool morning which made the briefing quite enjoyable

The convoy was well attended with @Carlos as a second lead @mpodroid as a swiper and @alshamsi_m @optimus and @Solmaz floating

The drive was a technical one with small climbs and constant demand of throttle control, proper momentum and safe distance

Radio communication was quite pure with the members still failing to call their second tries. It is very important to understand from the early days of off-roading the importance of communication as it is one of the staple skills for safe driving as the members move up levels.

During the drive we had multiple pop outs, self recoveries and assisted rescues. Unfortunately the vegetation had a strong presence (quite annoying) but I did my best to minimize its impact.

In spite of the delays we did manage to complete the entire track on time with no loss of cars ending up in the Lahbab area with a smile on our face.

I would like to thank you all for attending this drive and I am looking forward to seeing you all in the upcoming drives.

Until then drive safe
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

It was good to be back in the sand in the new season with our dear newbies in “Let’s get ready” drive well-organized by Giorgio. I really appreciate not so early starts (7am) in Al Qudra area as it takes only 30 min from home and I was even happier when we finished also 30 min from home…kudos to master @giorgio for that and I would encourage other marshals and founder to do the same have a nice day

But let’s start from the beginning… I was an early bird in the registration because I wanted to drive and, to be honest, was not expecting two interm drives in a row and then, Voilà!! melt An amazing one posted by Optimus sometime later, so I said to myself…secure a seat and negotiate at home afterwards. And it did not work patapon so, I pulled myself out from the interm one as I was already committed with the newbie one and did not want to let my colleagues down.

And I did not regret it at all. thumbsup

Giorgio took us to a new route (at least for me) from Al Qudra to Lahbab area which is quite interesting as there was plenty of technical challenges, vegetation, wildlife, some soft sand & nice dunes…actually, I noticed how he was skipping on purpose the most interesting ones with tears in my eyes TT TT …by the way, almost forgot to mention that I was proudly nominated as second lead. Thank you for the trust. thumbsup

Convoy faced some difficulties, as expected, but I hope that all of us took good notes of the “to do” and “not to do” things including myself, getting caught by a small dune and ended up crested whut …at any level, if you don’t stay focus enough sooner or later you will be beaten by the sand, and this is what happened to me. Sorry for wasting some time due to the recovery.

All in all, I will keep this route in my records and will bring some friends in due time. Very nice one.
Finally, I would like to thank to founder and marshals showing up (@alshamsi_m , @optimus and @Solmaz ) for taking care of the convoy, my dear interm mates ( @Tomvanhouten , @Laarni and @mpodroid ) and all newbies for playing safe.

See you soon
Carlos
korym

Tomvanhouten wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:20 pm Hi everyone,

Morning drive in this area was kind of new to me, but nice.

I must say, I really wasn't focused, alert and everything I did, seemed to go wrong. Kind of a weird experience for me and my apologies to the group for my 'off day'.

The drive itself was thru a bumpy and rather technical area, which gave a good opportunity for the skills to be polished.
Lovely drive @giorgio !

Short report this time, see you on the next one!

Tom
You was great and support a lot of us that drive

Thank you so much thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
korym

Drive: Let’s Get Ready
Organizer: @giorgio
Date : 10 Sep.2022

It was nice to come on track after Salaha trip with all new and old friends, it was my first drive at Al Qudra, I was excited with the drive with @giorgio and second lead @Carlos and was excited more to know my car well.

The First 3 Minutes I got crested OSMILEY OMG and I stopped thinking that I will suffer today, looking behind me to found @Tomvanhouten had a pop up Ooops, later thanks to @Laarni with help of @optimus I had been pulled out and continue the drive.
After that we go in move with some second tries for me and for others and Oops I got my second crested and thanks for @Tomvanhouten to pull me out later

also i got my flag had broken during the drie and @Tomvanhouten volunteer to be behinf me for safety of others car thanks for that

@Higazy had a pop out and we stopped I go out of my car I was hardly getting myself in one piece and car was mess inside to see @Tomvanhouten behind me eating something and enjoying the weather grin grin grin , keep asking myself why I'm stress too much like that during the drives TT TT TT TT

During the Drive we got support from @Solmaz and other intermediate and sure from the founder @alshamsi_m

It was fun drive and enjoying one with a lot of soft sands as I think, and I had been told that it was kind of challenge for my car (PAJERO).

I would like to thank everyone for that drive @alshamsi_m @giorgio @Carlos @Solmaz @Tomvanhouten @optimus and everyone else
Last edited by korym on Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

While I was driving to the meeting point I spotted the OLD EGGES IN BASKET area just 2.8 k cool. Since this drive is 10- I didn't dare to ask the leading marshal to take us there but it is in my mind to have a drive over there.

The drive was nice for another rusty group of members so I think the marshals are doing very well in these refreshing events before the season kicks in.

We had a very good support team of @Solmaz & @optimus which helped to overcome the technical areas too .

Last but not least , looking forward to seeing you in the Rotten Eggs Drive pacman

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Korym, reading your trip report reminded me some time ago when "fighting" with my pajero sweating like a dog in +10 drives while others were just having fun in their mighty FJs and Jeeps brigade.baka-wolf.com

Don't worry, it is perfectly normal, and if you keep on making progress with this beautiful machine you will be unstoppable when a proper upgrade is done cool

Enjoy your "wild horse" and don't give up!
korym wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:14 pm Drive: Let’s Get Ready

It was nice to come on track after Salah trip with all new and old friends, it was my first drive at Al Qudra, I was excited with the drive with @giorgio and second lead @Carlos and was excited more to know my car well.

The First 3 Minutes I got crested OSMILEY OMG and I stopped thinking that I will suffer today, looking behind me to found @Tomvanhouten had a pop up Ooops, later thanks to @Laarni with help of @optimus I had been pulled out and continue the drive.
After that we go in move with some second tries for me and for others and Oops I got my second crested and thanks for @Tomvanhouten to pull me out later

also i got my flag had broken during the drie and @Tomvanhouten volunteer to be behinf me for safety of others car thanks for that

@Higazy had a pop out and we stopped I go out of my car I was hardly getting myself in one piece and car was mess inside to see @Tomvanhouten behind me eating something and enjoying the weather grin grin grin , keep asking myself why I'm stress too much like that during the drives TT TT TT TT

During the Drive we got support from @Solmaz and other intermediate and sure from the founder @alshamsi_m

It was fun drive and enjoying one with a lot of soft sands as I think, and I had been told that it was kind of challenge for my car (PAJERO).

I would like to thank everyone for that drive @alshamsi_m @giorgio @Carlos @Solmaz @Tomvanhouten @optimus and everyone else
korym

CARLOSS wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:26 pm Korym, reading your trip report reminded me some time ago when "fighting" with my pajero sweating like a dog in +10 drives while others were just having fun in their mighty FJs and Jeeps brigade.baka-wolf.com

Don't worry, it is perfectly normal, and if you keep on making progress with this beautiful machine you will be unstoppable when a proper upgrade is done cool

Enjoy your "wild horse" and don't give up!
korym wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:14 pm Drive: Let’s Get Ready

It was nice to come on track after Salah trip with all new and old friends, it was my first drive at Al Qudra, I was excited with the drive with @giorgio and second lead @Carlos and was excited more to know my car well.

Appreciated so much @Carlos :have_a_nice_day: pacman pacman
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all,

This drive was really special for me. I tested the last mods in my car: Suspension, lift, spacers, reinforced spindles and upper arms. Thanks all for the wise advice and teaching always new comers and special thanks to @Shamsi @Rashidjass @dorudoru for helping, selling and installing everything perfectly in the car.

I really loved to start so close to home and the drive was quite technical with a lot of vegetation. I lost concentration once and I ended up crested. Lesson learned. Thanks @giorgio because it was really good to eliminate the rust out of the pedal.
Now I will be off for some weeks due to offload bike races in Europe but looking forward to October and all the drives to come.

thanks @CARLOSS @Tomvanhouten @mpodroid @Solmaz @optimus @Laarni for all the support.
See you in the sand.