Sonic 10/09/22

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Very annoyed, 2nd consecutive drive I had to leave due to technical problems, all had started so well, leading Marshall kindly gave the 2nd lead (I think he could see in my face I was hungry for sand and speed), a little warm up he said and got a few 2nd tries in the first sequence of dunes ... I had been to that area before but never in that direction and focusing on it so all the ingredients for a perfect afternoon.

However, last week car was at the agency for replacing the leaking radiator, they called saying they would also replace under warranty the secondary battery as giving some error messages with the stop/start system, I said of course and I believe that is the origin of the problem, I am pretty sure after a few dunes something moved or became lose and the car when going over 3500rpm would go into safe mode and lose all power, disconnect main battery to reset and it would work again until over 3500, we could have tried to find what was lose there but accessing that battery is a pain (not sure who had the brilliant idea of placing it where it is but I would love to have a chat with that person) ... so time consuming, seemed unfair for everyone to spend half of the afternoon with that task so decided to make my way home, no issues as always below 3000rpm so car reached well and safely, just a very very annoyed driver.

My bad as I forgot an important rule with certain agency, simple tasks always take at least 2 visits to fix, I normally do a small Qudra drive mid-week before weekend drives to make everything well but this week I came back from Riyadh Friday so no time and I hoped they had got it right the 1st time, obviously it was not the case ...

Hopefully a full drive next weekend ...
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

this time our marshal @Mabubaker selected an area that was totally new for me, between Old Sweihan and Al Khaznah area.
this drive was expected to be challenging, since the afternoon weather was still hot for a intermediate drive, and our cars don't perform so well.
The briefing started and the order of the convoy was defined with @Mabubaker leading, @David in 2nd lead, @Rathica as sweeper, and six interms in the middle. @optimus and @Rashidjass were the floating marshals sharing "The Godfather".

The drive started with a "warmup" and some 2nd tries were called on the radio.
Soon, a technical issue with @David car forced him to retire early from the drive.
As expected, the drive was challenging with lots of 2nd tries, some stucks and some popouts.
At certain moment, due to the heat, my car started shifting the gearbox to 3rd gear, and not accepting to shift back to 1st gear. This made me abort a few times some side cresting maneuvers.
The drive came to an end just after the sunset, where we still had time to take a nice group photo.

I'd like to thank @Mabubaker for organizing the drive and for the great lead, @optimus and @Rashidjass for keeping an eye on us.
I'd also like to thank all my fellow intermediates for their participation, but mostly for all the advices you have been giving to me as a baby interm. I'm learning a lot from you!

I'm looking forward to see you all in the sand soon!

Pedro
Sorin
media
media

Hello everyone,

First time for me in this area and I had no idea what to expect, reached the meeting point very late, almost everyone was there and I felt so bad … just kidding pacman I was there first patapon and took my place atop a higher dune and watched everyone arrive. Really funny sight to see the white lonely FJ driven by @dorudoru be completely surrounded by 3 red Jeeps driven by @Ehab @Petr and @PedroLeal grin

Saw the Marshall @Mabubaker arrive so I went down to join the guys.

We set the order then we set off going up on the same line I came down on which was pretty awesome thumbsup

Unfortunately after the warmup @David had to abandon the trip and we started sharing the responsibility of second lead among the more experienced intermediates.

I was hoping for some big dunes after the initial technical area and the area didn’t disappoint me, we came across beautiful bowls and S shaped dunes and I was lucky to be second lead whilst in this section of the track.

We played a lot and enjoyed the setting sun on these magnificent dunes so much so that I was very sad when the drive ended.

We had an absolute blast and can’t wait to re-visit the same area soon.

Many thanks to the Marshal @Mabubaker and support @optimus@ & @Rashidjass and also fellow intermediates for the great company

Below is the video of the drive:

I approve this message ⬆️
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was a nice area and @Mabubaker when he saw so many Jeeps around, he tried to get us in trouble as much as he could, and I must say his quest brought some results in second tries and even stucks. Well done Marshall, we look forward to the next opportunity :)

Thanks to @optimus and @Rashidjass for support and all my fellow intermediates for a nice company.
Ehab
media
media

Sonic in Hameem, first time in this area for most of us and a new record for me with 3 stucks🤣🤣🤣
Started in the back of the convoy and everything was good, i was able to remain focused with no incidents. I was asked to be second lead, 4-5 minutes and got crested 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻
@PedroLeal helped me get unstuck and we moved quickly, few more minutes and i got crested again, what? This never happened to me in one trip, then i noticed the marshal is teaching us a new skill which is to go on and off the ridge while spending only few seconds in the same position. This maneuver require high level of focus and high flexibility and ability to quickly make sharp turns safely. Guess what, thats not over, yes i got crested again, total 3 stucks out of total 7 stucks during this trip were mine 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻
In addition to the 7 stucks, 3 pop-outs and 2 strange car issues.
I personally have again been reminded that off-roading and dune bashing with almost4x4 is a long journey and every-drive we learn something new and you get new skill for sure. Learning is never over.

Thanks to @Mabubaker for the amazing learning experience, @optimus and @Rashidjass for keeping an eye on is, @PedroLeal and @Sorin helping me get unstuck.

Enjoy watching
Sonic Drive - Remah Large Bowls