Cresting Mania 4.0

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

First drive back after the summer break, always exciting to be back and see friends after a few weeks. Woke up ahead of time with the excitement, I knew Sorin would be there already so I decided to go early so we could catch up.

Good attendance and Old Sweihan as the location, love the area, been there a good number of times but this was going to be the 1st time driving there in the morning with the sun on our backs, I was curious to see how Rashid would approach it, I got the 2nd lead, masterclass of the leading car, sharp crest or difficult area always doing it driving towards the sun, easier sections moving along the chain but if anything tricky 180degrees and opposite direction, you can tell when someone has been leading for such a long time.

Unfortunately I could not fully enjoy the drive, when having a little break at "death bowl" I went to adjust the tire pressure and water leaking, upon inspection turned out to be the radiator, very annoying, 2nd time this happens, 1st one it was at the end of a very very hard and demanding drive, that day ditches, bushes, ... I really thought it had been when going over a bush but yesterday there was nothing, all very neat driving so wondering what the root cause might be ... repair should be easy but hoping there is not a 3rd.

For those of you keeping a tap it does not count as a "jeep thing", it is a "wife thing", yesterday was her birthday and that was the way she got back at me for going for the drive. Luckily next year her birthday will not fall in a driveday again ...

Finally to thank everyone on attendance for the drive, Marshalls, Founder and drivers.

All being well see you on the sand again next weekend!!!
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

Beautiful morning to wake up and drive towards Sweihan. The day before there was a lot of fog in our area, but today nothing...good vibes is how you start a good drive.

Arriving at the meeting point in the Old Sweihan chain, seeing everyone and chitchatting nearly made me forget to deflate...oh shit, we are back on the sand...

One convoy, long stretched, still the pace wasn't bad, but a lot of stops in between due to different reasons.
No matter what, back on the dunes felt really good and I had a great time.

Thank you all,

Tom
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

I really wanted to join & enjoy the famous “Cresting Mania” series and last weekend I finally made it with its No.4 😊…and it did not let me down thumbsup

Master @Rashidjass was the one organizing and leading the first part along with other usual suspects for interm drives such as @Mabubaker (leading the second part), @optimus , @SINGH and master of masters @alshamsi_m. Thanks to all of you for your time and dedication.

And the playground selected was the well-know Old Sweihan with its impressive bowls. Both Rashid and Abubaker show how to safety approach these massive bowls and side crest and it was a real pleasure following their tracks.

For most of us it was the first drive of the 22-23 season, and it was clear that there were some rusty drivers (including myself) whut as the pace was not so good as desirable but still, we had a great time and most of the rust went off so let’s hope for a faster pace in the next one. thumbsup

Thanks also to my interm mates for playing safe and see you soon.

Cheers
Carlos
Ehab
media
media

Old Sweihan, the area when i first visited did not believe we are still in earth. Small area but huge bowls with many possible combinations. This is my third or forth time in this area and each time we learn something new.
I was at the end of the convoy trying to capture nice footage using different recording angle. The new bracket in the front bumper did not disappoint me at all. Its shows near real speed with full sand visibility without any blockage.

This area is known with its tires demand, i think we lost 2 tires this time only which is around the average considering the number of drivers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great lead by both marshals Rashid and Bu Baker, Sing, Optimus and Shamsi keeping an eye on us is also highly appreciated.

Enjoy watching

Cresting Mania 4.0
Stephan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone.

This was my first intermediate drive after five months. It felt really good to be back on the sand and also to have the opportunity to drive in Old Sweihan. The drive started early in the morning and I do need to say that I was quite nervous at the beginning of the drive. After a few dunes and side cresting the nerves calmed and was able to enjoy the drive.

There was one convoy, so the pace was slower than usual and had a couple of stops during the drive. We had some nice bowls for everyone to play and to test their driving abilities.

It was a really good drive, which I enjoyed. Hoping to be back on the sand soon.

Thank you for the organizers.

Cheers
Stephan
See you soon
Cheers
Stephan