Into The Night

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

If you read this report, it means that all other night drivers are still sleeping Psmiley

Thanks for @giorgio for driving whole day and night to give entertainment and offroad teaching for the remaining members in the country during summer holidays.

The drive had lots of action especially when you drive a small car which needs :ninja: reflexes.

It was supposed to be 3.5 hours drive but we decided to call it off for the night at 11 pm because the 2.5 hrs felt like X2 on the intermediates So the marshals decided to make them live another day šŸ™ƒ .

I think this is my last drive before holiday and to reserve energy for Salalah Adventure.

Till then, Stay Safe

Cheers
Shamsi
AdventurousĀ League ofĀ Mountains,Ā Oceans andĀ SandĀ Thrills
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

unexpected, but very happy I managed to join and get the car ready again!

Somehow night drives are really great and this one, in this area is just amazing!! Thank you @giorgio !

Last minute, let's change lights and experiment with a new setup, result is that yes I love it, but want more of the same ORLY
I started off as a sweeper, seeing the convoy of five cars dancing thru the dune chains, one crest after another. Amazing sighting, looking at the lights swirling around.
I saw smiles, laughter and good spirits with everyone, so from my point of view, brilliant drive!

Thank you everyone,

Tom
ImranFJ
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

Would like to start off by thanking the marshals for one hell of a drive! This was one not to be missed at all.

The meeting point was in Al faqaa area. Short briefing by the lead marshal with telling us about our ā€œ10+ driveā€.

5 minutes into the drive I realized windows up was a bad ideašŸ¤£. I could not see anything at all in my FJ. Couple of seconds tries in the beginning trying to get used to the darkness. We had some interesting victims in this drivešŸ˜ˆ.

After quite a while into it, I started to get used to the feel of driving in the dark. It was a completely different experience compared to day drives, not being able to see far ahead and from the side is quite challenging but it was a blast! terrific drive and the track was beautifully executed.

Thank you Giorgio and marshals. See you next week!

ImranFJ
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Into the Night

A nice evening drive in the AL Faqaa area with a handful of intermediate drivers was time well spent.

The small convoy was quick to move in the desert with @Ehab on the second lead @Tom as a sweeper @rapailo and @alshamsi_m floating.

Night drives need proper offroad lighting. Luck of the latter will only provide additional challenges to the already difficult drive.

The convoy overall did well with some self recoveries, and some assisted once. The weather surprisingly got cooler as the time passed and the short breaks were more enjoyable.

I would like to thank all the participants for taking time to attend this drive and I am looking forward to seeing you all again on the upcoming drives after completion of the Salalah trip.Ā 
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,

Into the night was to be my first intermediate night drive. In the afternoon drive there were only 2 10+ Newbies now for the night drive the tables were turned as "newbie intermediate's" it was just myself and @ImranFJ. To support us we had @giorgio, thanks for organising and leading the convoy, @Ehab as 2nd lead with @nidal78 as copilot. @Tomvanhouten sweeping with @rapailo and @alshamsi_m floating to keep us safe

The area was the same as the earlier afternoon drive but with the darkness and increased pace of the intermediate level it was to be a completely different experience !! @alshamsi_m was literally everywhere like a night insect in Papa Smurf - thank god he was not leading !

There were a few self recovery stucks, 2nd tries and lost track situations at one point I ended up fllowing @rapailo as in the dark it was hard to tell the difference between him and @ImranFJ who I was meant to be following !, toward the end of the night we had a situation where one car took a different line and ended up stuck requiring a quick recovery by @Tomvanhouten

The drive came to an end at about 10:30pm and for me at least I survived ! a few loose plastic parts but alive !! it had been a very long day driving a total of approx 7.5hrs in the desert.

Thanks to everyone who took part and for keeping us safe
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Ehab
media
media

Late report due to vacation, šŸ˜¢

What an amazing night trip, this kind of trips require high amount of focus and attention to detail.

I enjoyed the time as second lead but could not handle it for the whole time šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Enjoy watching:
Into the Night - Intermediate Trip