Salalah Adventure 2022

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

Welcome to the 7th. Salalah trips ADVENTURE!!! . Driving to Salalah is one of the long drives we are doing in this club but most certainly worth the effort. If you are interested to see some rain & clouds in Summer so this is the right place. See the following pictures & videos in the next post to understand what is coming this SUMMER.

Important Notes:

This is a paid drive as follows:
• Driver 300 DHS.
• Passenger 200 DHS.
• Kid above 6 years old 75 DHS.
• Under 6 Free of charge.

- Last date for registration payment is 5/7/2022

- Last date to add more passengers is 10/7/2022

- If add passengers after the above date, still must pay but no goodies promise from our side

- Money can be PAID to any CREW MEMBER ... also you have to give the size of the t-shirts for you and your passengers

• This drive is for NEWBIE level and above (only 20 members).
• As mentioned above that we are going to charge for the trip if the people who are in the main list didn't start paying before these dates. I will start moving them to the MAYBE list to open vacancies for the others.
• We are going to go hiking in some places so bring hiking gear if you would like to walk.
• We are going to swim in some places so bring swimming suits if you would like to swim.
• This is a long drive so bring Jerry Can unless you drive an FJ.
• Although this is a road trip, We are going to go Off-roading.
• Make sure that your car is in top condition.
======================================

TRIP'S SCHEDULE

The Drive to Salalah 19th Aug 2022

The meeting time will be 09:00 PM at Al Maha petrol station “Oman “ (leaving 09:30 SHARP). We will leave from Al Ain (Mazyad) border to Oman and expect to reach Salalah in the next day at NOON, where we are going to the hotel to sleep and start our program the next day.

Accommodation – 20th. to 25th. August (5 nights)

You have to arrange for your own accommodation because as a club we can’t arrange it for you (all depends on your budget). I advise you that you start your booking NOW!!.

The Fun Drives in Salalah, 21-24 Aug 2022

We will provide you with a meeting point for the morning time, which is going to be 9:00 AM, you MUST have your supplies of food because our drives are going to be until SUNSET so there will be just few eating stops.

The Drive Back Home, 25th Aug 2022

We will meet at 09:00 AM, then drive back home through Al Ain, where the expected arrival is to be at 23:00.

======================================

FAQ :

OUR MEETING POINT IS AFTER THE BORDER SO IF YOU REACH US THEN YOU SOLVED ALL THE FOLLOWING ISSUES.
• Visa: There is a new regulation where you have to check with the Omani embassy and it is the sole responsibility of the driver.
• Financed car: We crossed with no issue regarding the NOC from the bank in the past but the club can't assure you.
• Trip Ticket: We crossed with no issue regarding Trip Ticket last year but the club can't assure you.

See you in SALALAH
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

Finally ... the long awaited trip is here thumbsup
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Daiyaan

Excited to hear about this trip

What are the recommended/usual hotels to look out for accommodation? This would be the first time visiting Salalah.

Thanks!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Daiyaan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm Excited to hear about this trip

What are the recommended/usual hotels to look out for accommodation? This would be the first time visiting Salalah.

Thanks!
Anywhere inside Salalah ... don't choose out of the CITY....
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

! Message from: alshamsi_m

Dear Members

Due to the high demand. We are going to ask the senior members who already joined us in the past to give the space for the new ones.

Thank you for your understanding
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Got it, makes sense. I have been in Salalah but my wife would be excited to see it too. I will remove us and stay on the wait list in case someone drops by the deadline.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Petr wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 pm Got it, makes sense. I have been in Salalah but my wife would be excited to see it too. I will remove us and stay on the waitlist in case someone drops by the deadline.

Hi Petr

I already removed a couple of our members who joined us in the past. We believe that your visit with us gave you the capability to be able to navigate freely in Salalah without guidance.

It is too early because we might have dropouts from the list. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding

Regards
Shamsi
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

alshamsi_m wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:51 am We believe that your visit with us gave you the capability to be able to navigate freely in Salalah without guidance.
That's right! I will go on my own. If you see something red behind the trees, it is definitely not me :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Petr wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:42 pm
alshamsi_m wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:51 am We believe that your visit with us gave you the capability to be able to navigate freely in Salalah without guidance.
That's right! I will go on my own. If you see something red behind the trees, it is definitely not me :)

a RED car at the tail of the convoy is always appropriate for the convoy's safety 😀
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

@alshamsi_m unfortunately I missed signing up for Oman as I was travelling in a different timezone and woke up to find it already full. Even the waiting list says full but it's empty.

Is it possible to put my name on the waiting list in case someone drops out ?
Cheers,
MGhoneim