Grand Iftar 2022

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

After a successful 'setup' evening the night before, this day was the main event.
First time for me and what a great experience!

A bit reluctant to start cooking food in the beginning, but when the sun went down, we had a feast! I thought, let's bring some for everyone and I guess the others were of the same opinion. Unbelievable, how much food was shared.

Enjoying the company with so many people, the great laughter, fantastic foods from all over the world made me bulge out in my chair shortly after.
As @Laarni wasn't completely fit yet, we decided to call it a night at 10pm and head out with some others.

Thank you everyone for this great evening and hopefully see you all soon again

Tom
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters, we had a great event on the 2022 Gran Iftar meeting!

The area was set in advance by the Crew - thank you guys - and there were around 60 cars within Almost4x4 area, with people sharing food, sweets, drinks and enjoying some great time within friends.

Looking forward to see you all in the sand!
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear All,

I was fortunate enough to be involved in the setting up of the Grand Iftar event on Friday night prior to the event taking place on Saturday.

We gathered at the meeting point around 930pm and headed into the seating area to do a quick recon and clean up. I was joined by @Kimoz, @Mohanad @PedroLeal @Rathica @nidal78 we were also lucky that @alshamsi_m had offered to anyone who wanted to join in the set up to meet us also. We were joined by @alshamsi_m @mpodroid @Tomvanhouten @rashid @mosh @Laarni @Preggy & @Viktoriia i am sorry if I forgot to mention anyone - I am getting old, memory is failing :O_O:
Better late than never @hamzah turned around 1130pm and proceeded to prepare the Kanafa.

We waited for another group having their gathering to leave then we set about putting up the boundary fence while watching the locals in their zup zup zup machines climb the bowl with varying success.

once set up we sat around and demolished the huge tray of Kanafa before heading home energized by the sugar rush. reached home after 3am and finally slept around 430am.

I finally dragged myself out of bed at 1pm saturday - quickly got ready and headed off to Iftar Bowl again to do final set up of the banners etc. I was joined back at the meeting point by @PedroLeal who then headed off and started collecting the rubbish within our enclosure (left behind by others). once the rest of the crew arrived we set off, ahead of the other Members to do the final set up - tables etc, fix the barriers and then welcome all the Members as they arrived and gave instructions on where they should park.

There were other drivers on the outside of our parameter asking who allowed us to mark off the area, they were amazed at the level of organization by Almost4x4.

once everyone arrived we settled in to await the time for Iftar - 6:41pm I think. when @alshamsi_m then started handing out the VIMTO. The amount of food that was passed around and shared was amazing - steak from @presa , briyani from @Rashidjass unbelievable Satay from @Tomvanhouten with his on special peanut sauce mmmmmmmmmmmm thumbsup, so many diverse cultures and communities coming together was a sight to behold - a great family atmosphere, The kids playing together was a sight to behold.

Things started to wind down around 9pm and we set about taking down the perimeter markers folding the banners, everyone pitched in to ensure there was no garbage littering our area. We headed off around 950pm - it had been a long couple of days. Leaving @AZK89 to hang out with the remaining Founders and Marshals - we knew he was in safe hands !

Thanks to everyone who took part in the Grand Iftar - it is a great feeling to be involved with such a diverse and amazing group of individuals who make up the Almost4x4 "Family" it is an honor to be a part of "The Best Off-Road Club" in the UAE
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Laarni
media
media

Dear Everyone,

Thank you for a very nice event, really enjoy it.

piotr
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a great event it was!
It perfectly shows what ALMOST4x4 really is - one big family of so many cultures and nationalities, sharing and caring for each other, and all that organized so perfectly by our Marshalls, Crew and other volunteers (THANK YOU for investing your time!!!).

My guests, whom I brought along to the Iftar commented that the event was so much better than one of the Dubai brunches I made them join on Easter Sunday the next day (I agree, and I think it only shows I chose my friends well have a nice day have a nice day have a nice day )

Obviously we ended up heavily overeating, but it was so tempting to try the various cuisines and delicious dishes shared by everyone. I still don't know how the A4x4 logo appeared on those small VIMTO bottles (I saved one!)

I hope to be able to join the Iftar next year!

See you in the sand!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

It was a great gathering with the Ramadan spirit, where you can see tolerance of other religions and beliefs. We gathered as one BIG family sharing the food, a good mood. You could hear the joy in the kids' sounds and the laughter around the camp area.

The weather was so great this year so many people stood until late night. I wish you all great time and looking forward to see you in Eid Al Feter!!

Till next time, stay safe and keep the sand flying.
Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Martin

Another great event guys!
Thanks to all team who came the night before to set up our area. That made a massive difference, it’s such a busy area, but having our own area made it so special.

We had a rare joiner in my wife on that day. Not a a big fan of the Adrenalin involved of driving on the desert. But she loved our evening with you guys.

Everyone is so friendly and any event is so welcoming. We brought enough food for ourselves with a little to share. I guess everyone else had the same idea. By the end everyone was sooo full that it was lucky we only had one small crest to cross on the way out. Think we all would have struggled with the extra ballast Psmiley