Cool stars V

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

after a great morning with the intermediates, it was time to support the newbies -10 in the afternoon. Same area (roughly) as the morning, different style.

First of all, would like to say hats off to all 5- members!! This area is a challenge already, but the way it was driven made it even a bigger one. You all did very well and sweaty hands are very understandable!

Secondly, our lead car @optimus , you did really great, giving those challenges to the convoy. Great lead and can't wait for you to start organizing intermediate drives cool

One convoy, plenty of support from marshals, meant for us easy peasy support tasks. besides; the convoy did a nice job.

Came home after a very long day, but man, I got recharged for the week to come! Thank you Almost4x4 family!

Thanks @Barish for the organization, again flawless as ever
AhmedElmahdy

Good day Almosters,

It was a really amazing drive yesterday and everything were managed greatly which is something I have witnessed with all my drives with you guys without being surprised.

Here I would really desire to thank all Marshals and supporting team without exclusion for how they were capable and skilled to safely lead and control the drive. However, I would like to give special thanks to @optimus and @Barish for the organization and leading efforts which were great. The drive has witnessed some challenging situations due Newbie’s less experience like me and the nature of the area which was remarkably challenging but still, as a 5 less drives Newbie in that trip, I wouldn’t have the courage to accelerate and climb without me feeling that I am in safe hands. So thanks again.

Also, This drive won’t be different of what previous drives were used to be in regard to how friendly and sociality standards are deeply rooted and noted in this club. Honestly, Almosters from founders till club members are a treasured family.

Such an example of a great drive made my aspirations in this sport go more higher.

Thank you to everyone.
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

AhmedElmahdy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:25 pm Good day Almosters,

It was a really amazing drive yesterday and everything were managed greatly which is something I have witnessed with all my drives with you guys without being surprised.

Here I would really desire to thank all Marshals and supporting team without exclusion for how they were capable and skilled to safely lead and control the drive. However, I would like to give special thanks to @optimus and @Barish for the organization and leading efforts which were great. The drive has witnessed some challenging situations due Newbie’s less experience like me and the nature of the area which was remarkably challenging but still, as a 5 less drives Newbie in that trip, I wouldn’t have the courage to accelerate and climb without me feeling that I am in safe hands. So thanks again.

Also, This drive won’t be different of what previous drives were used to be in regard to how friendly and sociality standards are deeply rooted and noted in this club. Honestly, Almosters from founders till club members are a treasured family.

Such an example of a great drive made my aspirations in this sport go more higher.

Thank you to everyone.
You drove great, Ahmed.
Continue coming and keep the sand flying! :)
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

Drive day finally arrived, and I planned to leave early from home and have my lunch at the meeting location.

When getting close to the scene I faced the first (and only) challenge of the day: How do I open the gate to get pass to the other side of the fence?!?!
I guess @Barish forgot to mention the password "Open Sesame" in his PM :XD:

As a guess of luck, I approached the gate and "et voilà", the gate opened!
Finally arrived the location to find @brett already there.
Tires set to 9 psi, flag on, and time for lunch while members were slowly arriving.
After coffee, dates and coconut maccarons (home made by @Laarni ) being shared, @Barish called for attendance and briefed the group about the drive ahead.
1 Convoy led by @optimus, 2nd led by @brett and swept by @nidal78, with intermediate members @Tomvanhouten , @Ehab , @Laarni and @osman ensuring support and rescue.
Marshals @Barish , @Solmaz and @Agalon were floating like spyders on a web, ensuring the safely of the convoy.

The drive was amazing!
The pace was moderate and @optimus was slowly increasing the dificulty with some climbs, drops, arches and bowls. It was a great lead! thumbsup
Dispite some 2nd tries, the convoy did great, and the feeling of safety was always there, but the fun was there too, oh yes it was! Congratulations to my newbie mates for the drive we did!
Last part of the drive was a bit technical, which adds a bit more difficulty to the bigger and heavier cars, but again our marshals and Inters helped everyone to make sure everyone reaches home happy and safe.

A big big shout to the marshals of this family that spend their time and money scouting and organizing these drives, so every participant can enjoy the drives with such organization.
Thank you!

Can't wait to meet you in the sand again!

Pedro

Aksoy

Hi All,

And another drive day...

We arrived to the meeting point, deflated the tires to 9psi, fixed the flags and listened to the briefing while enjoying coffee and dates from @Barish and homemade cookies by @Laarni .

The convoy was going to be lead by @optimus . I saw how @optimus drove previously so I had an idea about his driving style which made me feel that this drive we will get some adrenaline you're kidding, right

We started with a little warm up section to remind us our skills where we do small ups and downs and increase the pace gradually. In time, the pace went up, the dunes got bigger and sharper, we did small and mid size arches and finish the drive going through a technical area. I felt like running from dune to dune without catching up my breath where the obstacles came one after another, didn't leave me anytime to enjoy the one that I just completed you're kidding, right

It was a little bit challenging but enjoyable drive that we had some second tries and stuck which is a sign of learning new things.

As I mentioned in the beginning @optimus didn't surprised me thumbsup and we had a fast paced drive with full of adrenaline. I would like to thank @Barish for organizing the drive and @optimus for the lead and all others for the support and participating the drive.

See you on the next one
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Cool Stars V
Area Nahil
Level -10
Organizer : @Barish
Lead : Optimus
2nd lead : @brett
Sweep : @nidal.a-l-salti
Floating Marshal : @Agalon , @Solmaz , @Barish
Intermediate Support : @Ehab , @Laarni , @Tomvanhouten @osman

The plan was to start the drive from -5 level and then gradually increase the level depending on the convoy performance.

I started the drive with normal pace, few straight crests, first few from the windward side, the drivers did well. thumbsup

Then I did few from the leeward side which are more challenging since the crests are more sharper due to the slip face on the lee side. cool

The drivers were reminded on the safety rule wiz its better to get stuck on the crest, do 2nd tries, than to fly over the crest.

We had multiple 2nd tries, few stucks which is a sign of playing safely. Next level I decided to throw some safari driving starting with small-mid size arches,
until we reached a big bowl. Though the drivers were not allowed to play there but the spot was very tempting to our intermediate drivers. pacman pacman

I promise them that once I am allowed to post the intermediate drives, we would wreck that bowl from every possible angle with our side cresting techniques. ka boom ka boom grin

The level thereafter was reduced back to -5. However we encountered few kms of technical area where the floating marshals and intermediate support got a lot of work to do. :O_O:

It was half an hour before the sunset, we decided to take the nearest gatch road to the exit. The drive ended at 6:35 pm with all smiles. I enjoyed a lot and I am sure that everyone else had fun too. grin

Closing my report I would like to thank @barish for handing over the lead to me.
Many thanks to Solmaz & Agalon & Even Daggerfall. Even though he was not driving but only his presence is itself a confidence booster. cool

Also many thanks to our intermediates Ehab, Laarni, Tom, Usman, for their recue jobs.
& last but not the least ofcourse thanks to Brett my 2nd lead & Nidal for sweeping.
thumbsup

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

After finishing the morning drive, the afternoon support team @Tomvanhouten, @Laarni, @Ehab along with @nidal78 stuffed ourselves with delicious food. My only concern was now how to manage to stay awake.

@Barish organized the drive but he let @optimus to lead while he wanted to prove the quantum theory where he can be at multiple places at the same time...

The drive was for 10- drivers, with a subset of 5- and 5+ convoy order that @Barish arranged. Intermediate support was in between every few car. @optimus planned and lead the route in a fabulous way where the area was not easy. Everyone did really well and enjoyed. There were some pulls and second tries as normal but the overall flow was impressive. Marshalls @Solmaz and @Agalon were commenting and instructing as necessary. Also at the back, @Laarni did some overtime and quickly burned the fuel from the lunch...

Thanks to all marshals and @optimus for another great afternoon in the desert.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Arjun_M

So we're back in the office reminiscing the weekend. This cool stars V drive was great.

@Barish , Thank you for thinking of us freshers during this action packed schedule coming up for the Almost 4x4 intermediates and 10+ drivers. @optimus and @brett , thank you for the safe lead and second lead.

I think its safe to speak on behalf of all the newbies that were in the convoy, it was the best drive all of us have had thus far with the group. There was a little of everything in there and most of the convoy managed just fine. We had a couple of second tries and some pulls, but nothing too serious and nothing to worry about. We were all really safe and as @optimus mentioned, the cars were usually stuck because of playing it safe which is better than being sorry. We did have a flying car which everyone got to witness cause he was one of the last in the convoy.

There was a moment where we had to have radio silence because the cops had showed up asking us about another convoy that had an accident (fingers crossed, no one was harmed) @Solmaz and the others sorted that out with the cops while we waited for the green light.

All in all, the drive was great, we know that. But guys, lets take a moment to appreciate the location of the drive. It was a beautiful part of the country which id never explored before. Beautiful dunes, clean sand with a lot fewer tracks, camels running around. We had a great sunset during the end of the drive. Ahhh, beautiful

Cant wait for the next drive. See you all soon.

Arjun
brett
Crew
Crew

Greetings Everyone,

A further instalment of @Barish Cool Stars series. Thank you @Barish for organising this drive.

I arrived at the meeting point early, as I had been in the same area previously i knew the password to get the gate open. While deflating saw @PedroLeal approaching - it was 5 min before he eventually stumbled on the password and managed to enter through the gates after driving up and down the road trying to get in. I was busy so i didn't realise he was texting me to avail of the password.

Once the group was assembled @Barish took attendance and assigned convoy positions. with @optimus to lead and me in the now familiar 2nd lead position.

A huge thank you to the supporting team of Marshals and intermediates @Solmaz @Agalon @Ehab @Laarni @Tomvanhouten @osman all of whom would have plenty of work to do during the drive. and not to forget @nidal78 as sweeper and Media
Huge thank you to the Commander in Chief @Barish who really is somehow able to be absolutely everywhere directing operations with military precision.

The area was fantastic and it was a pleasure to follow the lines of @optimus there were no other tracks to be confused by on the untouched dunes. the flow was good and the pace varied depending on the terrain. I concentrated on keeping the right distance behind @optimus giving him the ability to find the track he wanted without me getting to close. ! was also able to keep one eye on my rearview mirror to ensure the convoy stayed connected behind us.

The convoy handled the challenges that were given to them really well with the expected 2nd tries and a few recoveries. We did have a potential pilot training at one point but the landing was executed without incident so the convoy continued, and everyone reached the main road in one piece.

It was my first time in the desert for the convoy to come to a stop due to the presence of a police patrol - I later found out that the Marshals had approached the officer and he was asking where the "accident" was - fortunately it was not anyone in our convoy so we were allowed to continue on our way. Earlier we had seen another convoy stopped in the dunes and on the gatch road an ambulance approaching - hopefully it was nothing serious.

I enjoyed the combinations of arches and climbs and the faster pace. Also the tighter technical areas were a lot of fun. reaching the main road just as darkness fell bought the drive to a conclusion. I am sure the drivers were thankful for a fun filled afternoon - although with some of the stucks toward the end some fatigue may have been the cause of some mistakes.

As the drive came to an end I was hoping to test my new lights setup - but that will now have to wait for the Ramadan Night Drives

looking forward to south of the border drive next week (if i am quick enough at 6pm tonight to register)
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
AntonT

Dear Almosters,

each time our drives become more exciting and impressive. After a dynamic Hello Hi drive, I wondered what to expect next. This time, a completely new area of ​​​​the desert was opened for beginners - Nahil - the neighbourhood with Sweihan pleased even on the way to the meeting point. Seeing the road signs to Sweihan, I thought, "Somewhere not far away, our older brothers are chasing!"

A warm welcome before the briefing helped me get ready for the race, but I tried not to look around because the size of the dunes did not allow me to collect my thoughts. The time had come, and the archangel of newbies - @Barish - outlined the positions of all the participants in the convoy. @optimus led the convoy, followed by @brett and other newbies mixed with intermediate drivers.
@optimus' idea to get fun was a success, especially for everyone who was not in that area. We turned around on vertical walls of high dunes and rushed down the slope again to take a new peak. There was no room for the slightest mistake. I think it's even good that soon we reached technical dunes since we, the beginners, are not ready to perform such virages for a long time. Drive was ultimately great! Even when the convoy stopped for various reasons, I enjoyed the desert, engines' sound and involvement in a family event.

Thanks to all participants, organizers and support team (without the latter, our convoy is always limited in size).
@nidal78 and @PedroLeal thanks for your footage!

Hope to see you all very soon)!