Star tracks XIII

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wow, 13 editions already of this famous drive title!

Bravo @Barish

This drive started from a well known meeting point in the club, near Murquab. For the newly joined family members, don't worry, you will get familiar with these meeting points very soon!
The intention was to drive to Al qudra and have a chit chat there for about one hour.

Once the convoy were split into two; One previously upgraded and one newly upgraded 5- convoy, I was asked to join the convoy led by @rapailo with @Barish floating.

In general the convoy performed well, with just the usual stops for stucks or second tries. Having @Barish floating around, there is not much help needed, because he is EVERYWHERE! Amazing, how fast he gets to a situation and takes over the support required.

Only on the last bit of the drive, where we were supposed to speed up to the "chit chat point", we found a car with an unusual pop-out. Rear side and the pop-out occurred from the inside of the car (means the axle side).
This turned out to be challenge, where normally the tire is back on in about 5-10minutes, we didn't manage to close the tire and it wouldn't pop back into position.
We changed it quick after that, only to find the other convoy already having the famous karak and coffee. Luckily some was still left and FRESH! Thank you @alshamsi_m

Thank you all for nice company and nice drive,

Tom
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Morning
First of all, thanks for organizing the drives so well. It’s always a pleasure to ride with you guys.
2 event of such type for me after almost 2 months on the blank because of Christmas and the Sophie drive.
After dividing all drivers I was appointed car number 3 in the Giorgio’s convoy with Shamsi as floating marshal.
First 10 min I felt a little bit tense because it was a long time since my previous drive but after 2 crested recovery I got the flow and the momentum of the car.
Besides, I’m super excited of going to Liwa for the first time.
Have a good Sunday ALMOST4X4 family
See you in Liwa.
AZK89

It was amazing day with Best club ,
I learn more skill and breaking the barrier of fear ,
Every time my confidence is more than before .

@alshamsi_m : floating around they give enthusiasm and encouragement & Advice cool .

@Goirgio they lead us to challenge the sand

Thanks for the coffee . :hope_my_fake_smile_works_again:

Thank you all for the nice club & drive :in_love:
Ahmed Abu Saood cool
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Arriving slightly early to the meeting point and i already see a lot of excitement. A lot of fresh faces from the February CM drive and most of the familiar faces.

I am already super excited as well as it has been two weeks without a drive for my batch. I was assigned to @giorgio & @S.ALSHAMSI ’s convoy. We had a few 2nd tries and a couple of pop outs, however we managed to reach triple tree at Al Qudra before sunset. It was a nice chit-chat through the sunset enjoying @S.ALSHAMSI ’s coffee/karak and those amazing cookies.

Thank you all for the drive and hope to see you all in liwa soon!!

Mghoneim
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mghoneim wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:56 pm Arriving slightly early to the meeting point and i already see a lot of excitement. A lot of fresh faces from the February CM drive and most of the familiar faces.

I am already super excited as well as it has been two weeks without a drive for my batch. I was assigned to @giorgio & @Shamsi ’s convoy. We had a few 2nd tries and a couple of pop outs, however we managed to reach triple tree at Al Qudra before sunset. It was a nice chit-chat through the sunset enjoying @Shamsi ’s coffee/karak and those amazing cookies.

Mghoneim
MGhoneim
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't Speculate , Calculate !
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters

Another amazing afternoon in the desert
Thank you to @Barish for organizing the 13th edition of this important drive for the fresh newbies to start developing their skills

I was asigned to @giorgio convoy. with support from @Laarni @osman and @Ehab sweeping at the back and covering Media.
we had @orlantsev and founder @alshamsi_m hoovering to ensure everyone was safe

@giorgio found a nice track and at just the right level for the Newbies, the inevitable 2nd tries a couple of crested recoveries for a few, but this is part of the learning process - no shame involved. @osman was kept busy with the pulling duties. everyone pitched in to sort out a popout and then later the need to change the same tire on the Lexus. but no one gets left behind.

We ended the drive at exactly 6pm to watch the sunset avoiding a large number of campers in the area, before settling in and enjoy the Karak, Coffee and Cookies.

My Take aways
The usual point to remember
- Keep the correct distance (opps @alshamsi_m my mistake loosing site of the car behind me as we headed along the flat at a fast pace and clouds of dust)
- Radio communication is VERY Important so the cars ahead and the cars behind are aware of any situations that arise.

I hope everyone enjoyed the drive and look forward to seeing you all again soon as your journey continues
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Mghoneim wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:58 pm
Mghoneim wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:56 pm Arriving slightly early to the meeting point and i already see a lot of excitement. A lot of fresh faces from the February CM drive and most of the familiar faces.

I am already super excited as well as it has been two weeks without a drive for my batch. I was assigned to @giorgio & @alshamsi_m ’s convoy. We had a few 2nd tries and a couple of pop outs, however we managed to reach triple tree at Al Qudra before sunset. It was a nice chit-chat through the sunset enjoying @alshamsi_m ’s coffee/karak and those amazing cookies.

Mghoneim

thumbsup
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

I had my car washed before the drive and upon the entrance, I realized that the road to the meeting point is dusty so my car will look ugly :faill: So I decided to come by dunes so if you saw me coming with high speed and drifting, just let you know " I was trying to avoid getting stuck " you're kidding, right

Thanks for @Barish for arranging our drive and all the supporting Explorers who both lead the convoys. Both of you done a great lead today, hat off thumbsup

The setting at the end of the drive was the best part for me but I will make sure to get a proper jacket next time to enjoy the breeze :in_love:

Till next time stay safe and see you in Liwa

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
AntonT

Dear Almosters,

one more time thanks to all who was involved to organisation of StarsTracks XIII!

After the last drive, I can’t write a regular report.

Not even that we were not supposed to be at that drive, and the fact that we were with everyone in the desert is a pure bonus (thanks to Baris we received a PM 30 minutes before the meeting time), but in the fact that I saw the life of the club from a different side. From now on, for me, it's more than about self-realization, skills' improvement, the ability to navigate in dunes and the number of stars. It's something more....

The organizers' tolerance and self-sacrifice, their indulgence for beginners' mistakes push us to see the bigger picture... It's hard to see when the founder of the club won't let you take away the tool while changing a newbies' wheel, and believe that is his hobby. Sure there is a greater goal hidden behind. The sense of belonging to the almost4x4 family and the idea that was laid down when the club was founded many years ago makes you think about it more. So let's carry the values of the club with respect and care.

I happy to be a member of almost4x4. Hope to see you soon
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Star tracks XIII

Many thanks to the organizer @Barish for keeping the Star Track series going while including all the participants (late comers).

The high demand on these lower level drives is outstanding. Two long convoys in a friendly area which is by now quite familiar to the older 5- drivers was set up on this fresh afternoon drive.

I was to lead the older 5- group with support from @alshamsi_m floating @osman @Ehab on the media, our amazing @orlantsev floating and our intermediate @Laarni as a sweeper.

The convoy overall did fairly well and some drivers had more difficulties than others.

Lessons learned from this drive were : Radio communication, ascending small to mid dunes in a straight manner while avoiding jumping to the other side and maintaining safe distance.

Radio communication: It is important as I have said in previous reports that you get familiar using the means of communication in the correct way and in a timely manner. This will help you on the higher levels to be safe not only as individuals but as a group too.

Ascending a dune: A vital skill that takes a lot of practice to perfect. Eye foot (throttle) coordination will enable you to approach the crest with the correct speed while safely crossing to the other side. Keep practicing this skill as it is your bread and butter.

Maintain safe distance : Another staple in off-roading. A very important skill to master is to keep a safe distance. Too far you may lose the track or not have a close view of the car in front of you; it takes the advantage of knowing what to expect. On the other hand if you follow too closely then you have no time to react and that most of the time if not every time leads to failures such as losing momentum, distraction of the convoy's flow, even fender bender accidents.

Closing my report I would like to thank my Second lead who did quite well keeping up as well as all the drivers and rescue crew for their continuous support.

Until next drive be safe and Looking forward to see you all at the next drive
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep