Catch Me If You Can

Ehab
media
media

Catch me if you can a drive i wish it never ended.
Early this week, I received a PM for CMIYC, i had already planned a travel to visit my family, tried but was told that CMIYC cannot be delayed, so i had to delay my trip.
Went to the meeting point, only 5 newbies but a founder, 2 marshals, explorer, advanced and and 2 intermediate.
Very quick briefing, as quick as “lets drive”😮😮 Rashid was leading and i was the first victim, and man this guy know how to crest, amazing drive, in the first few minutes i noticed we are being tricked where the leading car will slightly fight gravity to observe how we react, i had to keep extra distance to be able to monitor the leading car, process the needed action and then safely do it maybe higher, faster or somtimes slower. Later Alshamsi noticed what i was doing, guess what he did? He came to my back and it was almost bumper to bumper, he wanted to push me, ops, i had to speedup and decrease the distance.
25 minutes of unforgettable cresting, i would do this event again and again and again.
My time was done, then to the end of the convoy, later optimus came in front of me, on the top of the dune while riding a ridge he slowed down, what??? Seriously??? I thought my time was done!!! Nop, we are being tested during out the whole trip, again shamsi in may back, scorpio in front of me, then in my back, optimus in my back, shamsi crossing infront of me, they were everywhere, where do they come from i do not know.

This is one of the drives where you truly feel the amount of efforts the founder and marshals spend to teach us, its tremendous, thank you all.

My advise to future victims, do not be afraid, yes its a kind of exam but we are being trained by the best, apply the basic rules they teached us and you will be fine.
Communication is key, we encountered many ditches, the marshal will inform you about it, make sure you always pay attention.
Tire pressure, i started with 8 psi in front and 10 psi in the back, we came to a climb which i could not make despite the number of second tries, the car was struggling, then i noticed the back tires reached to 15 psi.
Enjoy watching:

See all soon.
Last edited by Ehab on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mpodroid
media
media

Drive after drive, you realise that your skills are improving. Also marshals notice it. This is the time for a special drive in your life as a member of Almost4x4: you are chosen and invited to a private drive, where marshals can have a closer look at your progresses. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!

This drive has a very special format: each driver gets the second lead for a while and has to keep up the pace with the leading car, at a higher pace than usual newbie drives.

I still remember my CMIYC drive: I was so excited and nervous, days before the drive. Here my original post viewtopic.php?p=54242#p54242

We kept a very good pace in the first hour. Then tiredness and stress begun: some second tries, few stuck, but overall everybody played well.

Thanks to @rashid for the drive

Marco
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law