Jump in the fire II

Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great drive with Solmaz today. Everyone enjoyed the trail.

Looking forward for the next drives.
Mghoneim
Cheers,
MGhoneim
AntonT

Good evening, almosters!

It was a long break from club drives since I technically cannot join Liwa Marathon as a 5- newbie.

So finally, PM from @Solmaz was received on Thursday morning, the countdown started. Special thanks to her for selecting such a picturesque place for today’s drive! Not only beauty of Nazwa area invite me to go there again, but it is also a perfect place for future training.

I woke up my brave co-pilot at 05:50 AM. She was ready to go with the speed of a firefighter on duty. MariaT is always excited about 4x4 events.

@alshamsi_m took the lead of our A-team. I did not expect the offer to be his second lead today, so I did my best to hide how happy I was at that moment.
We had @Rashidjass as a Floating Marshal. @Jasper , and a few more intermediates kept convoy’s flow under control and @Ehab as a Media.

A few minutes after we dispatched, @Stefano gave us a good chance to practice how to fix future popouts and wheel replacement. So now we know the main person during wheel replacement - wheel’s bolts holder)). Traditionally for almosters, everyone tried to be helpful. While “desert garage exercises”, we briefly discussed last week's breaking news and recent expedition to Liwa. In the second part of the drive, our convoy had a high tempo, excepting a few breaks while Gladiator’s caprices took place.

Pink Rock area is full of bikers, camels, “underwater” stones and small 4x4 brothers – baggies. Chat on the top of the Rock was dedicated to intermediates exams and the upcoming Gulf News Drive in January 2022.

Due to accumulated delay from the initial schedule, our leader decided to finish the drive near Al Badayer, where the last rescue for today happened. Future off-roader - Tunisian lady - stuck a few meters from asphalt road.

Mistakes: I have to keep a minimum 15-20 meters distance, not less or more. @brett alerted me last time about the this error. The same Shamsi did today. Corrective actions will follow.

Thanks to all organizers of Jump in the Fire drive!
See you soon.

Anton
Martin

My 8th official drive was in one of my favourite areas. We stayed near Nizwa farms and even though I thought I was early when I arrived everyone was already there.

As I was driving into the meeting area I suddenly realised that I had left my flag and pole next to my cars parking (won’t do me much good there). So I had add asked around to see if anyone had a spare but unfortunately, after a couple of tries nothing was going to work. Driving from the back of the group it was for me then.

A quick briefing, where my username again caused confusion 🤪 and I was included in the 5+ convoy being the Baja FJ150 monster.

We lined up to get moving but There was an issue with one of the wranglers. We waited for a short time while that was fixed then if we went.

The convoy ran smoothly with only a few second tries and no stucks that I spotted from the back. This area really is a great place to learn, with a mixture of small crests and technical areas.

Jeep life hit for me again near the end of the drive when my car decided to deactivate the option to choose manual gears. I requested a quick stop to let the car reset and even though a check engine light remained on I was able to continue with the drive in manual gear mode.

Would really like to thank the organisers and the support in our grip. Had a nice pleasant drive and gained some valuable experience.
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another great drive at Nazwa.

I drove in Solmaz’s convoy (-5) , and the trail was smooth for everyone. Looking forward for the next drive already.

Thanks
Mghoneim
Cheers,
MGhoneim
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

Arriving early was the plan, but along the way, found out that all the shops were still closed, so back to Lehbab for some water and snacks.
Arrived at the meeting point just before 8am and prepared the car quickly to find out that I was assigned to @Solmaz convoy together with @CARLOSS inside the convoy.
After some position rectifications, the radio shouted; go to the back and sweep. Thank you!

@Solmaz chose a great track, having no incidents at all which required a rope or compressor, smooth sailing.
The convoy itself produced a good flow thru the Nazwa dunes, which resulted in an 'on-time' finish with breaks here and there to have everyone cool off a bit.

Thank you all for the safe morning!

Now, @Solmaz , having driven in your convoy and tasting a bit of your style, is there any possibility to organize some inter drives?

See you all soon,

Tom
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,

it really was great to see so many Newbies at the meeting point. We all gathered and had morning coffee - it was a cold morning at only about 14C still many drivers turned up in shorts and flip flops !! OSMILEY

@Solmaz took attendance - enough has been joked about some of the nicknames and pronunciation difficulties of some names, so I wont elaborate further.

The group was split into 3 different convoy's according to the number of drives already completed. I was assigned to @Solmaz convoy as 2nd lead with @Tomvanhouten and @CARLOSS as support.

The drive was a pure joy ! @Solmaz created a track that was at just the right level for the drivers to develop their skills while at the same time putting enough challenges into the track to keep their adrenaline pumping. it was like an expertly choreographed ballet !

We had no major issues - no pop-outs, no assisted recoveries (better luck next time @CARLOSS. a few 2nd tries but otherwise a nice free flowing morning in the dunes.

My take aways as always
- radio communication if very important
-following distance is critical not too close - not too far
- Gravity !! its has been mentioned many times - don't fight gravity it will always win ! this message needs to be drummed into our mind so it becomes 2nd nature to "turn down" as soon as gravity starts to take over. Don't fight it.
- Learn to gauge the right momentum for each obstacle not to fast not too slow. learn the character of you and your car.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yesterday was the third trip.

It was super nice and fun and in a really beautiful area.
I was so depressed to be in the waiting list since I was in Oman when the trip opened.
Hopefully I was selected.

Every single day it is a super good training and little by little I’m feeling my car more and more

Thanks to all who make this possible
Ehab
media
media

Hi Almosters, very nice and easy drive for our -5 newbies led by Shamsi. The area was amazing, multiple second tries, one recovery and one flat tire. We ended up in the usual meeting point in Sharjah where we came across another yellow "mini" super car stuck in sand, quick recovery and the trip was over.

Enjoy watching the video:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Another great day in the desert, The temperature was really cool for offroading. I had the chance to lead one of the convoys and the target was to keep an eye on the right track of the convoy since there are many on the ground.

The drive around the pink rock was fairly nice and the only challenge was to avoid the camels and not to disturb them you're kidding, right

I had to finish the drive on time so instead of going back to the starting point I decided to take the convoy to Al Badayer Flyover to do one more rescue for a lost soul grin

As I mentioned before, it was a great day, and looking forward to seeing you all in the sand soon thumbsup

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Daiyaan

Hello everyone!

Finally having 5+ drives, I was put in @Agalons convoy with @Mahmoodyasin, @Gabor and @orlantsev as the support crew.
This drive had a nice pace to it, more of a safari style drive. Overall smooth drive with a few second attempts here and there, due to which distances in the convoy were being affected sometimes, resulting in lost paths as this area has lots of tracks already. One point in time I also fell victim and lost my path ouch...it hurts, however @Gabor easily reconnected us later.
Also, I believe one of the most rewarding drives are the ones where you get photos of your car in action, thanks @Mahmoodyasin thumbsup