Jump in the fire II

CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

Jump in the Fire II was my first drive doing rescue and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed pissed off as the convoy did so well that I had no work to do…somehow, I was looking forward to somebody getting stuck brains...! and help him/her out but noting happened. A few second tries, minor stucks, a couple of drivers losing the track but all in all the convoy performed well thumbsup and no need for too much support.

@Solmaz made a fantastic track selection with the appropriate difficulty level which helped a lot to the convoy’s good performance. On the supporting role: @brett took the second lead position (he actually "kidnapped" the second lead only for himself Psmiley ) , @Tomvanhouten was with me doing the little “rescuing” job and @optimus , @haider alnuaimi and @nabil_k did the rest.

On the other side, it was very pleasant to drive comfortably after all as in the earlier drives I normally finished completely exhausted and sweated like a dog. And it was also good to know some new people. blank

This new batch of newbies looks very strong and well equipped (powerful cars) so we better keep on making progress as otherwise we will be caught by them soon... cool

See you all
Carlos
theDanutz

Dear Almosters,

“Jump into Fire” drive was my return after more than one month of not being in the sand. I was extremely happy to be back among my fellow Almosters! have a nice day

Many thanks to @Solmaz for organizing this event for us!!

After initial briefing, I was assigned to @Agalon convoy, whom also trusted me with the 2nd lead position.. as a welcome back gift.. I assume! Thank you a lot! It’s been a real pleasure! I would recommend to everyone, you'll truly feel the flow of the "original" line!

It was a very enjoyable experience. Can’t wait for the next ones!! thumbsup

The track itself was excellent, indeed safari style drive, with very nice route picked up by our marshal. Smooth sailing.. only disturbed from time to time, by the so many tracks in the area pacman

• On personal level, although I did couple mistakes.. I have definitely learned a lot from them and during next drives will come back stronger, for sure.

• Several second attends from my side, I guess still trying to get used to the new drive, but better be safe than sorry. I’m happy we didn’t have to use the rope and self-recovered.

My biggest take away:
  • keep enough distance not to miss the track
  • radio communication - rather than assuming, better to ask again if in doubt

I’m grateful to support crew @Mahmoodyasin , @Gabor and @orlantsev, whom we kept busy during the day! It feels safe having you around! Thank you very much! thumbsup

It was a very pleasant day, can’t wait for next drive, but the big problem is.. there still is one whole week in between! yaeh am not durnk

Best regards,
Danutz
mustafazc

The plan for the day was to go from badayer to pink rock and then towards fossil rock and then loop back to the start point.
I was assigned to the -5 convoy with @alshamsi_m as the lead with @Rashidjass as the floating marshall/sweeper. @Jasper and @Ehab were our support.
I was at the front of the convoy and within the first 10 mins of the drive I had already had multiple second attempts.
I felt that the car was fishtailing a lot on the dunes and I had to second attempt because of that. Rashid told me I wasn't giving enough power, so after that i started giving more power in the climbs. That was the fix and the fishtailing went away.

This drive was in a very scenic area and we got to see great views throughout (& some camels ).
The weather was on our side and we could see till the Hajar Mountains from our vantage point.
We had a great learning session when our convoy had a popout and we got to see the simple step by step process to get them up and running again.
We couldn't drive all the way to fossil rock but I look forward to when that happens.

Overall it was a smooth drive with a new area and a lot of learning. I still have issues with my distance with the car in front, at times I was far behind and had to catch up and at times I was getting close. This is something I need to work on and I need to improve my pacing in general with the page of the drive.

Thank you to all the marshalls and support crew for organizing this drive.

optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Jump in the fire
Area : Nazwa – Pink Rock
Organizer : @Solmaz
Convoys : 3
Lead : @Agalon @alshamsi_m @Solmaz
Level : +&- 5

Hi All,

I was assigned to the -5 convoy lead by Solmaz. The drive was basically a training for the -5’s to understand their car’s,
driving on small arches, small climbs from leeward to windward side, maintaining proper distance, radio comm.
Newbies should take the opportunity of these drives to instill these habits & develop their reflexes. Sooner the better.
Most of the drive time was smooth with only few 2nd tries & lost tracks here & there.

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)