Liwa Marathon - Sand Wasps

Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

I slept the night in @AndreAJ 's Jeep. Woke up the next morning with a heavy heart, was my car still ok... time will tell.

We sat round the morning fire chatting away, @alshamsi_m joined us & not long before we headed out. My first intermediate drive as a passenger OSMILEY .

The convoy was small which meant lots of fun. We ran up & down the dunes, doing big arches & having fun. Not long into the drive @mpodroid called on the radio & said that he was loosing power. The convoy joined close to his Jeep & we tried to figure out what was the issue, electrical....BIG PROBLEM. We tried to pull it, but the Jeep decided otherwise & went into limp mode (Jeep tantrum wtfsmilie ). @. We tried all the tricks or let me rephrase, the Jeep guys tried all their tricks but the Jeep decided it will not budge. We got it started, then we saw it was overheating are you for real 2 z Z . After a few hours we got most of the problems sorted & headed back to the road. During this time @Tomvanhouten got the important call, his guys were on their way grin . We reached the road safely. The plan was to go to town, get the guys & welding equipment & head over to my car. Everybody in the drive said they are coming with to help, this was family, not just another club.

We reached the town, everybody refueled, we packed the equipment, arranged the passengers & headed out. The plan was straight line to my car, quick as possible as it was late & the sun was setting.

The rescue drive was a lot of fun, the welder with @dorudoru was not used to driving in the desert :sick: but he made it to my car thumbsup . We reached my car & to honest I had a lump in my throat when I saw Asterix was still there just as I left him. Everybody jumped in to help & then it was the welders turn. Welding cast iron in the desert is next level welding. He was welding for a long time & then said he was done.... We packed up everything & it was time to move. I was a bit hesitant in the beginning, worried that the weld might break, but it hold up all the way to the road & all the way to my home.

Thank you to everybody that stayed to help, @AndreAJ , @David , @CARLOSS , @dorudoru , @Jasper , @David , @Rathica , hope I did not miss someone.
Thank you @Tomvanhouten for organizing & arranging everything.

Lastly I want to thank @alshamsi_m for organizing the Liwa trips, getting us all safe & sound out of the desert everyday.

As @David mentioned, this is not a club, but a family.

Till we meet in the sand, stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Rathica
Crew
Crew

From Sand Wasps to Sand Wasp Sprint
After a good night's sleep, we made our way to the meeting point which was a beautiful lazy drive.

Everyone was so chilled at the campsite. Shamzi made his killer coffee which was just what the body needed for the drive.

As Shamzi's second lead, we were off to a flying start. Wow!!! There were no words and no talking ( except for my passenger saying "Higher.. Higher..." Shamzi was on fire finding every climb and every wall which we conquered from every angle: up down back front..... And we did our best to keep up. There were all Virgin dunes all around and to see Shamzi in action, blind reading dunes and choosing lines with such finesse.... Absolutely amazing ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

And then it came to a rapid halt as one of our members had battery problems. I swapped batteries with him and we continued to drive in the hope that I could charge his battery, unfortunately his car was still losing power so that did not work. We exited the desert as we needed to help get out fellow Almoster's vehicle out from Liwa Ocean's drive.

The Almosters inflated and left one by one to regroup at the Petrol Station. I was to join but my batter, which I'd retrieved from @mpodroid ran flat😳😳😳 Finally, A kind trucker boosted my car and we inflated and made our way to the Petrol Station.

The gang had decided to take the fastest route back to the injured car. Time was against us so we entered into Sand Wasp Sprint mode. If we were impressed with @alshamsi_m before, we were speechless now!!! Flying through the dunes doesn't even come close to describe our journey through the dunes. Incredible ❤️

We reached just before sunset. @Tomvanhouten had set his men at work to fix the injured car as we watched the sunset. Such a perfect ending to a beautiful day ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you to all my Almosters for the company and the commarradrie.
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨