Weekly maintenance

mpodroid
media
media

Hi all,

for the second time in a intermediate drive I had a problem with my air filter chain: no more power.

Despite I cleaned it up the day before, at the end of the drive the air filter box was full of sand, the throttle sensor dirty and no more power to the engine.

Which weekly maintenance do you suggest before/after any drive?

Thanks
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
Sorin
media
media

Use a performance filter instead of the stock one, always clean it with an air compressor (strong one) after each drive and replace it with a new one every couple of months if you drive a lot in the desert.

If the amount of sand in the air filter housing is a lot then you can try fitting a snorkel and a plate underneath (to cover the gap between the engine and the fan assembly).

Always check the oil, coolant & transmission oil levels before drives or at least once a month.
I approve this message ⬆️
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Marco,

Air filter cleaning before and after every drive is a must for me, I have a different set up from yours, aFe intake system, using "dry" filter as recommended by Abu Jimmy and very happy with it.

If I was you I would consider fitting a snorkel, most of your problems and worries would be gone.

Underneath plate to avoid sand going into the engine also a fantastic option, main issue is when cresting and the amount of sand that flies up, I know Agalon and Sorin had this plate fixed in their JKs and I believe works wonders, I took my car to Rashid's a few weeks ago to check how to do something similar but we could not find an easy way of doing it (space and fixing points a problem), he is keeping an eye for me in case he comes up with something that might work for JL.