Off-road suspension for LC 200

ahsanaa
Club Member
Club Member

I live in Dammam Saudi Arabia. Bought LC 200 2012 last week and now considering changing the shocks and coils. I have limited options, basically the choice is in between ARB old man emu and Profenders.

Appreciate your help.
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello ahsanaa,

I drive an FJ Cruiser, and I've had both OME and Profender in my car.

In the UAE both are supported well by the distributers/importers, but I do not know what is the case in Saudi Arabia. I would take this into consideration when choosing an option, as you do want the back up service to claim against warranty if something goes wrong.

Regarding Profender, I use the top end (2.5 shocks with reservoirs and triple by-pass in the rear) From a price point, there is a big difference between this Profender set-up and the OME set up.

Some points to consider:
- Profender with reservoirs would need service and gas pressure check at least once a year whereas OME is "plug and play" without the need for any adjustment or service
- Profender in the UAE offers 1 year warranty and OME (via ARB) offers a 3 year warranty
- Big price difference

I do not have experience with the lower end profender shocks (without reservoirs) and can therefore not comment on them.

Hope this helps a bit in your decision making.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door