Newbie All in V.6

Yazan Ali
Advance
Advance

Hello Everyone,

it was nice day to meet the new newbies in our club,

we met on time, deflated ,waiting for the breafing form our marshals, there is were small marshals meeting, then they spelt the cars to three convoy, 1st convoy was lead by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] 2nd convoy were lead by [mention]Booy[/mention] and our convoy were lead by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] as well as [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] as sweeper , we wait all to move then we were last convoy to move "and we were the 1st convey in end point" Psmiley , we start from Lahbab Area to ward Dubai Al Ain road, it was nice area everyone did well with couples of stuck and couples 2nd try, we reach to the comping area on the planing time [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] get his romantic momentom in love with the SUN SET time, i sit couples of times with the team with cup of coffee, the weather getting cold so i decide to move,

it was nice day and nice truck, thanks for Almost team, big thanks to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for organizing this trip and thanks to all marshals and support team.

see you next year inshallah.

Yazan Ali
ayoub

What a Wonderful desert drive.

Today I missed word “Clear”
I’m sure most of drivers were advance drivers.I done my best.

Thank you almost4x4
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was Friday, which means it was drive day, the 8th day of the week grin

We met at the meeting point & went through the usual drills, deflate, put flag up, greet everybody & chit chat. There were a lot of cars & a lot of new faces.

We had our briefing & the convoys were dealt in, there were 3 convoys.

I was in Daggerfall's convoy. I was second lead & we headed out into the dunes. The going was good with just one or two second tries. The route was nice & flowing with not to many technical areas for the new drivers.

Chris had a pop out in a small bowl & it took sometime to fix, Booy's convoy passed us & moved on into the sunset. The pop out was fixed & we were on our way again. We went through the underpass & headed to the campsite. When we reached the campsite the sun was setting & we were treated to a beautiful sunset.

Thank you to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for organizing the drive & the rest of the marshalls, inters & advance for looking after us & getting us safely to the campsite.

Till we meet in the sand next year, take care & may all of you have an awesome 2019.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
panos

Last drive of year has passed, leaving behind nice memories...I can say that it was more like a gathering, for whoever is left in UAE, rather than an actual drive.

Once I reached the meeting point I saw cars and drivers that I've never seen before. They were our Newbies (1-10). It was nice meeting few of them and exchanging some words.

[mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] took attendance, split the convoys and briefed us about the ride. Typical Al Shamsi was teasing drivers asking them to be 2nd lead. The expression in their faces was showing fear and challenge at the same time. Every time it is a funny moment! have a nice day [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] , our marshal, gave us instructions how to line up and the fun started. It was drive, with a nice tempo and not a lot of stops. I believe everyone enjoyed it.

We ended up in the camping spot, where rest of the convoys have already arrived. Our lovely barista ([mention]alshamsi_m[/mention]) had once again coffee ready for us. I stayed for a while to chat and then I made a move with [mention]thursday[/mention] towards the road.

Thank you all for this ride and see you NEXT year! thumbsup
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Almosters!

We had the last club drive at a wonderful weather with a full 3 convoy drive!

I had to do a rescue before coming to the drive, so got a few minutes late to the drive, but was able to catch the convoy, that had left a few minutes before I arrive.

I enrolled [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] convoy, with [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] at the back and we had a very nice drive, with a a long stretch, crossing three different areas. Two of them I hadn't drive in long time, so was good to to some refresh!

There were a few 2nd tries and stuck, nothing out of a regular drive!

We finished at a great spot were we got to watch the sunset with coffee being served, thank you all Almosters for being so kind and sharing with us!

I enjoyed the company up to ~20h, when grill was being prepared and left home since the day after, today, is working day for me :)

Next time I will stay for camping and will do some steak grill.

Thank you Marshals (and founders) for organizing this drive and for this year full of fun and happiness with Almost family!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

Its not only the thrill of conquering all kind of dunes in the desert makes our trips fun but also the people you share the experience. All Newbie drives are good opportunities to bring all our members from different levels together and strengthen the bond between us and also meet with new members etc.

I was leading the 1st convoy and we had a very smooth drive through the sunset. I throw one or two tricky challenges on the way to the drivers to make things a little bit spicy ended up with a pop out training Psmiley

Winter sky was amazing during the sunset at the seating area and we had the best spot to watch it thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] After the sunset we stayed for a while and enjoyed watching the relaxing camp fire. Sorry we couldn't stay longer to enjoy the meat fest too but It was a long day for us

Thanks to [mention]Rooies[/mention] for the second lead , [mention]Johanna[/mention] for sweeping and [mention]Agalon[/mention] for floating around and watching over the convoy.

Hope to see you next year after the Gulf News drives and wish you a happy new year!

Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Chris Rothmann

Hi all,

It was a great turnout and I enjoyed meeting some new friends and catching up with the familiar faces.

I was in [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] convoy. Great drive as usual Daggerfall, THANKS.

All went smooth for me until .... a little slip in a bowl + deflated tyre + dune sidewall = “Popout”. Well, I didn’t have one for a while ...... so I guess it’s good to stay in practice 😄. Great teamwork to fix it, many thanks [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for helping and for [mention]Kris_K[/mention] for you monster jack which made the job easier.

We proceeded and later met up with the rest of the group, where we ended the day with a nice Arabic coffee with a fanstatic view and sunset.

Thanks to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for organizing the event and to the founders, marshals and crew for making it a fun and successful trip.

Best,

Chris
Kals
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Everyone,

It was a fast pasted drive, with a collection of a terrains, from safari themed drives to a few technical spots that overall, our convoy dealt with with no major issues. We had a couple of second tried and a pop out (not me), but other than that, the convey was making great progress and everything was going according to plan. I was sweeping for Booy and some of the comments that need to be brought:

_ Please make sure you clear whenever you pass a tricky situation, it will not only let everyone know you passed safely, but also allow the car behind you tackle the same dune at an appropriate distance.

_Maintaining the right distance, we all know that every car is different, and tackles dunes and tracks in different ways, but you need to maintain a healthy distance with the car in front of you, to avoid breaking up the convoy and leaving immense gaps, or being to close and risking either an unfortunate accident or not having enough space to gain momentum and tackling a crest.

As always safety first and definitely looking forward to seeing everyone in the sand again! Ciao.
Truck driver
Oversized man child
Red GMC aka The Juggernaut killzonesmiley
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello all have a nice day

On Friday morning I was not sure if I can make it to the drive as I suffered from back pain. oh noes At the end my sand addiction was stronger than the pain so I decided to join after I already missed one Friday due to travelling.

Best decision ever!

I arrived very early and I was not the only one. It was a big family gathering and a great chance to get to know drivers from all levels.

The drive was smooth and the convoy did well, so we arrived at our camp area just in time to watch the beautiful sunset.

Some of us stayed for bbq and camping, and some even spent the whole night chit chatting next to the fire. in love

A perfect weekend in the desert with the family, thanks everyone for organizing, for cooking delicious food and the great company.

Oh and by the way, my back pain is gone now wink

Hope to see you all soon have a nice day
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Serkan

Wonderful 2 days trips with wonderful company...

It was a really nice trip with an opportunity to meet old and a lot of new faces.
We met on Friday in the meeting point where had been scheduled and convoys are splitted into 3. I was with [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention]'s convoy.
It was a crowded convoy and time to time we just did some breaks to wait for some second tries.

I was the one who stayed for barbeque and camping. I did not imagine that it will be such cold at night but managed with support of Almost family while having perfect facilities.

Second day we did really perfect drive that took around 6 hours if I am not wrong. We drove to the pink rock and from there to RAK. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] was leading the convoy and he took us to a perfect track. [mention]Booy[/mention] was sweeper and supported us......

Thanks [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] , [mention]Kris_K[/mention] and [mention]Johanna[/mention] for the memorable, camping night and long drive together.

I’d like to thank you all for joining the trip and making it such a memorable adventure....

See you tomorrow :)

Regards
Serkan
Following is the easiest way. More importantly, what really matters is How to Lead