Eid Quick Spin

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

It was a lovely morning.

The weather was great. It was breezing and low humidity. After some chit chat with friends @alshamsi_m as a tradition, gave us all our Ramadan pocket money and we were all happy "kids" :)

About the drive,

Its going to be fast he said, and it was fast.I was the second car. We often heard " Fly baby fly" on the radio and front tires were on the air several times.After the drive I felt like it seems I didn't drive at Badayer before, where all those new dunes came from :) . Great Track!

It was fun. Really enjoyed a lot.The pace of the convoy was good. We passed the super bowl and made till the Al Madam Dunes (Pyramid Dunes) and came back to Badayer Shop within approx 2,5 hours

I was working on Saturday so didn't setup the camera. It would be a nice AC/DC video clip :( . Next time :)

It was great to see you all.

See you next time.
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

First day of Eid it was Humid but the second and third were much better. After driving night drives in Ramadan, day drive was like driving in the park. We had prefect sized convoy with very good drivers which made our drive smooth and enjoyable.

I had a problem with my gear in our last drive to Liwa where the gear was shiffting from 1st. to 2nd. against my well :wtfsmilie: and I was eager to test the car after fixing it. The result was very satisfying " Really feels good to drive an FJ " :in love:.
[MENTION=9783]Daggerfall[/MENTION] , That Was " SLID BABY SLID " .... I didn't know that you were flying behind :secret laugh:.

All in All it was another great day out and lips are still burning from the SUN :ORLY:

Cheers

P.S : anybody has an idea about [MENTION=9155]Mark B[/MENTION]
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi everyone,

This was really a fantastic drive!

Due to my previous tyre incidents, I changed rims and tyres, and was looking forward to testing the new set up. Man, was I impressed with the BF's. The grip is amazing, and the car was actually going in the direction of steer. In previous drives I was always "enjoying" side slope sliding, as the car just did not want to go where I wanted it to go. It feels as if I am driving another car with grip that I am not used to. It was fantastic! I am looking forward to the next drives to adjust my driving style, as I found that throttle response is also completely different now that I have good grip.

Thank you for the great track and lead [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] - it was fast and it was fabulous!

Till next time..
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,
it was indeed a good trip, at the beginning we had a warm-up phase, then the pace has changed and it was really good, I was having a lot of fun at the back....sometime even too much.......:021:
All drivers did very well and this results in a very good pace with just a few stops......
Weather was not too bad, low humidity but temperature was around 45/46 degrees, quite too much....but nevermind, Turtle has a very good a/c.
Thanks to Bu Salem for the very nice track and to all drivers for the great morning....hope to see you soon ..... hopefully with Tornado.
Cheers
Yoghy
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Hi all, as was said earlier it was interesting to switch from the night drives into day time drives. I expected the trip to start earlier (e.g. 7 am the latest) and I really hoped that the Euro cup semifinal would not go into the extra time and further cut my sleep shorter. I think the later start was due to the afternoon drive which many people including the marshals intended to participate as well. It was mostly a group of ‘old’ intermediate and advanced drivers which promised the very high level of driving. It was very touching to receive the Eid gift from a Bu Salem which is a very nice tradition indeed. Since all the drivers arrived on time we departed even slightly earlier than planned and straight into the dunes without the warm up. The first 1.5 hour was a non-stop drive. The very few second attempts and self-recoveries were dealt with so quickly that they did not affect the convoy flow. When we had a short break at 9.45 the temperature rose already to above 40 degrees. Even we reached the Pyramid dunes which was the ambitious target at the start of the drive the soaring temperatures and one pop-out called us back to Badayer which we reached as per the planned finish time at 11.15 am. All in all it was great fast-paced drive which I think has set a very good standard for the new day-time season!
Eric
Advance
Advance

Hi All,

having missed the last 3 weeks of Almost 4x4 drives, I was looking forward to this drive.
Being a small group this morning the drive was quick as the title had promised.
Bu Salem's track was "I'm in my element, - follow me" without a single dull moment during the whole trip..
Unnecessarily, I managed to pop a tire, but with everyones assistance and in 46 degrees temperature, it was fixed in no time.
Thanks Bu Salem for this great trip and Yogibear for his support and all participants for this great morning drive, - It as just what I needed after my leave.