Newby in Dubai

Alain
Club Member
Club Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Alain, french and new in Dubai, and new to off roading too!
But enthusiast of cars, and motorbikes, and looking forward meeting you guys!

My first mission will be to choose my car...
I know that the best choice for real off roading is somewhere between the FJ and the Wrangler...

But this will be my only car, and I want it to be also compatible with my weekdays commuting!

Let me add something: I want a V8....
Why a V8?
As my former Harley chaps would have said: "if you ask, then you won't understand" ;)

So decent off roading capabilities, good on road abilities, V8....
I end between the Patrol, the Toy LC, and the Grand Cherokee (I do not consider Range).

The Patrol is nice, but its size close from a portable 2 bedroom apartment is too much for me (no family here, we are only the 2 of us).

I love the Toy LC (rented it for a we), but a bit expensive for my tiny budget... I may have found a 2011 Extreme (so with the former 4.7 engine), at an affordable price, any roe on this particular model?

Otherwise, the Grand Che'... any advise on it? I am more interested by a 2013 or earlier, as I do not like the new gear lever, and the 2014 and onwards are full of electronic, the dashboard looks like an iPad.... but it may be good?

So, lots of questions, I am now going to spend the next days to deep dive into the forum to read your stories...

Looking forward next meeting,

Cheers

Alain
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

hi Alain , welcome to Almost Family.

I'm not an expert in cars so I will leave it to other club members to advise you on the best option.
but my little tip for you is to look for a car which has less mechanical issues and does not cost much to modify, because if you are planning to do a lot of off-roading, you will require some modifications to your OEM parts.

Enjoy it !
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Alain

Welcome to your second family and I would vote for the LC 4.7 but against the Grand cherokee 2013 because it is not capable if this what we are talking about

See you in the sand
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Aljamhi
Crew
Crew

Mohanad wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 pm hi Alain , welcome to Almost Family.

I'm not an expert in cars so I will leave it to other club members to advise you on the best option.
but my little tip for you is to look for a car which has less mechanical issues and does not cost much to modify, because if you are planning to do a lot of off-roading, you will require some modifications to your OEM parts.

Enjoy it !
test