*Liwa Base Camp & Liwa Base Camp Extension

hamzahng
Crew
Crew

so last weekend was LIWA. :004::004::004::004::004: it was an amazing journey that was almost going to get canceled, but I managed to leave work later on. I reached the camp at around 1 AM, setup the tent, and then went and spend the rest of the night by the fire with ammi @abujimmy, [MENTION=8771]KIMOz[/MENTION], [MENTION=9783]Daggerfall[/MENTION], [MENTION=9746]Barish[/MENTION], and [MENTION=3080]Agalon[/MENTION].

the next morning, I was given the choice either to go on the morning drive or to guard the camp, and I chose to "Guard" the camp, by sleeping all day. :pacman: later on we went to the 10+ afternoon drive, which was a VIP Drive lead by [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] and his Passenger chief [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION], and swept by [MENTION=1820]fida[/MENTION]. I had a couple of crests, but I have to say they were because I wasn't completely focused during the drive. but overall it was a great drive. after that we returned to base camp, where we had dinner, and then everyone slept like angels. I don't know what time I slept but it was early.

The Next morning, I woke up super fresh, the desert was very quiet and I managed to sleep all night. We had breakfast, then had to re arrange everything back in the car. We went outside to the road for briefing, and then off we go. we drove up to 1:30 AM, where we drove to hameem. at some points we were super close to the saudi border line. after we reached the road, we inflated the tires, and I had to say good bye, because I had to be in Jebel Ali for a family gathering. we were a small convoy including @redbaron and Kimoz.

I would like to thank Ammi [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], Ammi @AbuJimmy, Chief [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION], [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION], and the rest of the members who joined this trip, and helped in making it one of my unforgettable experiences. and I can't wait for the next Liwa.

Side Note: Guys In my opinion If you aren't experienced enough in off-roading don't go to liwa alone, or with other inexperienced offroaders. it takes a lot of skills to lead and navigate in liwa.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello All,

Please find some pictures I have taken..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ebbb3a48a0

Let me know if you can't access the album.

Cheers

R.B
R.B