Aloha

KRISH

Hi Almosters,
Being a club member, Aloha was my first drive with Almost4x4, where I was on the driver's seat. This experience was remarkable as for the past 3 years I have been a passenger , just waiting to get my hands on the steering wheel. Special Thanks to Bu Salem , Mazaaj, Abu Jimmy and all other Marshals for this wonderful and educational drive. From the beginning , till the end, it was an amazing and very enjoyable drive. For the club members drive the route taken by Bu Salem was very technical and taught me a lot of different things about the sand, that I already didn't know about. The drive was very organized and made me feel very comfortable with the management. Bu Salem was very clear with his instructions before the drive at the starting point. He clearly explained the Do's and Dont's of the drive and the various mistakes we make that may cost us in vivid ways. Having Abu Jimmy, Yoghy Bear and various other Intermediate members as rescue team was very comforting and increased my self confidence. I was not worried at all to get stuck since i knew whatever would have happened the club would help me out and stand by me as a family.
I enjoyed the drive thoroughly and learnt a lot from it. Looking forward to more and more fun and educational drives and being an involved member of the club. Thank you everyone for making my first drive and Extremely memorable one.
Once again i would like to thank Bu Salem, Mazaaj, Yoghy bear , marshals , Advanced , intermediate , and fellow members to make my trip memorable.

:thumbsup:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Aloha

I think that we had the best decision by driving in Al Faqaa instead of the usual places we go to . The track was so nice where you can see only dunes , no tracks for other cars except the one we made. Most of the members did very well expect few who were jumping but by the end of the drive we had control of that feeling.

Till next time ... Drive safely
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Soorena

ALOHA Family!
Waking up at 6:00 is always hard for me, but working till 3:00AM and sleeping at 3:30AM, make it almost impossible to wake up at 6, it is only possible with the Magic of ALMOST 4x4 drive. Checking & packing the equipment, filling up the tank and heading to meeting point, I was there at 7:55, where I saw the almosters. Meeting new members is always cool, a coffee, a quick chat, and Mazaaj called us to gather, a short brief, and hit the road! Th convoy was not that large, but it was friendly instead.
As soon as we entered the sand, the first car got stocked, so a quick deflation seemed mandatory. The cooperation in team was great as always, and all club members was receiving hints and assistance from Intermediate drivers started in the deflating point.

A short drive on the sand to the Balcony camp point, and meeting the rest of team who slept on the sand, a VERY WELL briefing by the great found [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] and the team, it was helpfull for me even for the third time as a club member :) and the enjoyable drive started.

The path was super well chosen, a re-brief in the middle of track, some cool radio communications, a few crested cars, and sadly very soon the drive was over.

As always, it really was enjoyable to drive with team, and I feel happy because finally I will receive my first star soon. A million thanks to Marshals, Organizers, Intermediate drivers and rescue team, along with club members. Proud to be a member of family.
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

I really like club member drives. you meet new people, fresh faces. I couldn't Join the drive because my passenger was tired from the Balcony Camp. I joined the Briefing however. and lets see you soon everyone.
Sanjeev
Club Member
Club Member

Hi All,

It seems I have missed a very good opportunity. I would appreciate if you can let me know the next planned trip. I would very much like to be part of it.

Thanks.
nawras

hi guyz,

it was a very nice trip amazing guys very friendly , thanks a lot for the experience i think you will see me more in .
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice pictures [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION]
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
m_domiati
Club Member
Club Member

Aloha everyone. It's a bit late to report on this trip but better late than never.

It was my first trip with the club and my second time on the sand. The meeting point briefing by [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] and the starting point briefing by @alshamsi_m were very helpful. We learned the basics of desert driving and some rules like don't fight gravity and don't fly. Despite that I did some flying mainly because I was afraid of getting crested, but I was later told that it's better to get crested and rescued than fly.

Overall it was a very fun drive. More challenging that I expected for a CM drive. I was a bit worried that my 3.5L Pajero would give me a hard time but at 11 psi and using 4HLC, I didn't have any issues at all apart from the infamous sand scooping rear bumper plastic part. I plan on getting that replaced with a metal one.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next trip. Thanks Mazaaj for organizing the trip and thank you to all the Almosters for the support and for making it such a fun trip. I hope to see you all on the sand again!

Till next time.

Mohamad
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

[MENTION=10842]m_domiati[/MENTION] i think you could do fine with 4H only, and trust me you dont want to increase the weight of your pajero.... it is heavy as it is. However, you can cut the scoop section of your car which will make it look normal, but without the inner scoop. I remember reading somewhere that someone has fixed a small metal plate to close the scoop from inside, i will attach it if I ever find it.