A star in almost

Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Romin;44471]So when are we getting our stars? :P[/quote]

Where's your feedback about the trip experience? since this is a trips report section :yarr:
gbridi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2681[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2682[/ATTACH]

Great experience with professional people and true leaders, I tried to post some pictures but it is giving invalid files thought the pic I am trying to upload are jepg.
one good quote I learned from the experience DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

have a nice afternoon all
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[quote=Mazaaj;44491]Where's your feedback about the trip experience? since this is a trips report section :yarr:[/quote]
[MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] He is hungry for more :thumbsup:..
Coconut_shy
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks for a great first trip :like:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Aright as some of you know this drive was after a month of me being away (due to technical difficulties) i wanted to test the jeep out and i was assigned the duty of the sweeper were i for sure tested it well enough :grin::victorious: . Final verdict the issue is fixed .
The avenger is locked and loaded for the winter season :D
Regarding the drive
I was in Al_shamsi's convoy .it was a huge turnout with a lot of club members and media crew aswell. It was a well organized and smooth drive with a few stucks but nothing major. All in all everyone went home with smiles on their faces
ps:I'm sorry for rushing from the fuel pump when we got done with the drive as i had an appointment which i couldn't miss
Defrag Out!
Romin

[quote=Mazaaj;44491]Where's your feedback about the trip experience? since this is a trips report section :yarr:[/quote]

That's the reason I am asking when I am getting my first star so I can start being a regular. Our convoy led by Yoggy and supported by really helpful marshals had a bit of a slow convoy due to new and possible pro future almost4x4ers :P but nevertheless it was great fun, we had one car crested but rescued smoothly by the marshals. Had a few decents. It was great fun. I have fair amount of experiences from my previous group but I found almost4x4 much more friendly. Definitely looking forward for more drives!
melriora
Club Member
Club Member

It was my first ride with ALMOST and I enjoyed it so much!!! looking forward for more rides
sajeeth

Hi Almosters,

This was my first drive with Almost 4x4. I had been joining the almost 4x4 convoy since June/July as a passenger and CM along with a friend of mine.
Started with a positive feedback on the equipment check and all were up to the required standards and all boxes ticked.
Leaving from the meeting point (Adnoc Petrol Station) to the deflation point was a bit of drive along the highway.
At the deflatiing point we had a very detail briefing on desert driving on what to do and what not to do. I got to hand it over to the entire organizing team coz I have been with a few other clubs and briefing was never as eloborate as this. The number one priority is always SAFETY.
I was teamed with @Yogybear on the lead, [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3389]SINGH[/MENTION] on the sweep. There were two more intermediate/rescue crew members apologies on not remembering their name @Maroon Jeep and @White FJ. Thwew were 3 convoys with [MENTION=44]alshamsi[/MENTION] and @Majaaz on the lead for the other two.
The ride was pretty straight forward with mainly straight drive ups and desents. Like explained in the briefing convoy usually takes the path according to the least experienced driver, which is good for all the CM members who most probably havent had experience on driving in desert. Though I say this I would again prefer to try somethning a bit more adventurous so I learn a bit more driving techniques.
There was a few number of stops due to vehicles getting stuck and around 90% were self recoverable thanks to the Sweeper Teams. In between the convey got a bit off track and eventually we stopped at a point to regroup.
One of the instructions relayed over and over by @Yogybear is to maintain the 3/4 cars distance between individual vehicles in the convoy.
The trip then ended near an Anoc Petrol pump further down the Sharjha Kalba road. I believe we were the last convey to reach.
Over all the trip ended by 11:30 - 12:00 ish.
I would hope with no major issues on the sand and with all the equipments ticked off I am awaiting my first star - or CM to newbie transition would be soon. This would enable me to register for a lot of other drives too.
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

Friday was a nice day. I managed to be a passenger in my own car, with my brother [MENTION=10771]Smoke[/MENTION] driving it:ORLY:. It was a good run, met new people, some even had Pajeros :melt:. I was trying to give my brother tips on how to drive but at 2 crests he managed to get us stuck. (It wasn't my fault, I was telling him go for it, but he pressed brakes on the top of the crest) We were in [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] 's convoy, and had the pleasure to be the second lead. VIP Spots :thumbsup::in love:.

Thank you [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for the great photos and videos you have shared.Thanks to all the marshals, I/A, and momo for all of the hard work
wasimb2
Intermediate
Intermediate

still waiting the star :wtfsmilie: