A star in almost

FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another interesting & successful Club Member drive served by Almost 4x4 to the new members. Participants meet & greet at the meeting point where you see the usual old members & of course the new ones. After few minutes we have proceeded to the deflation point & Al Shamsi with Yoghybear started to brief all the participants. Very important briefing & introduction to off-roading. Off we go with 3 convoys Led by Al Shamsi, Mazaaj & Yoghybear. I had a pleasure to join Mazaaj convoy. Few drops & some ascends. The usual introductory/ CM drive kinda style.

Couple of cars struggle climbing Fossil Rock, I'm guessing due to tire pressure but all are good. Mazaaj & Al Shamsi Convoy met at the bottom of Fossil Rock drop, we rest & thanks to Mazaaj for the famous Karak (expect different version of this in the camp). The 3 convoys met at the petrol station as the end point & inflation point as well.

Another fun weekend guys & to all the successful CM drivers THE FUN WILL START ONCE YOU GET THE VERY FIRST STAR :)

Keep driving guys we hope you had a great fun. See you again soon.

- Francis
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Mazaaj's convoy :playingsmiley:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2669[/ATTACH]
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

A Star With Almost.

Great Club member drive organised by majaaz in typical Almost 4x4 style. Roll up stands and windshield display welcoming club members. Long wait was over for club members and i could see the excitement among them. We had a very long convoy and was feeling proud that i am a part of best off-road club in uae. We had team from SKYNEWS and they were covering the whole event. We reached deflating point were thorough briefing was given by bu salem. Each and every aspect of desert driving was covered. I could see the passion of bu salem and his endless efforts to educate us. Truly you are doing a great job and God Bless you. We were divided in 3 convoys led by Bu Salem , Yoghy bear and Majaaz. I had privilege to be second lead in Majaaz convoy. We had wonderful drive and countless drops. Majaaz ensured that on every drop Marshals and rescue team were present to guide and monitor the movement of club members. This gives tremendous confidence when you are first timer and creates an secured atmosphere. Guys this acts displays that we at almost 4x4 club have safety as paramount concern. Was quite happy to see excellent performance of club members. We then reached back side of fossil drop where we had small break. Here we met bu salem's convoy. We then had execellent arabic coffee . Thanks to majaaz. Then proceeded towards inflation point. We again met all and this wonderful event cam to an end.
Thanks to all club members, Intermediate , Advanced ,crew , Marshals , Admiral and Founders to make this event successful.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear participants, please find some picture of this event by clicking on this LINK

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Rashidjass;44458]Mazaaj's convoy :playingsmiley:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2669[/ATTACH][/quote]
Rashid, do you have this image in higher resolution? It's a great shot :thumbsup:
Ankush

This was my first dessert drive ever and I cannot explain how excited I was to be able to finally do this after a long wait, the experience was breath taking to say the least, there were nervous and exciting moments all along. however the Marshals really pulled it off very well. I was in Mazzaj's convoy and possibly the least experienced driver among all but all along the team of marshals took good care, gave valuable guidance and feedback and I came back feeling a lot more confident of my driving skills. Thank you almost4x4 for giving such a fabulous start to the weekend, I eagerly wait for the next opportunity.
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

It's been a while since I witnessed such huge number of cars in the drive. I guess it was probably during the editions of "Newbies All In". As usual - on time start. I noticed that some, but very few, of the registered participants did not show up. It is a pity because if the third convoy was not opened, some would have missed the opportunity to do the drive. I believe better planning on a 3-4 day horizon is possible on individual's side. Since the meeting place was same as on my club member drive 1.5 years ago it brought very vivid memories of my start with Almost 4X4. It felt a bit sentimental. As usual there was proprietary introduction to offroading with explanation of basic situations one would encounter during the drives. Even it was not the first time I went through this briefing I always find new meaning to some of the concepts. This time, for example, it was the way we park the cars. I guess it did not sink with me too well on earlier occasions. I was assigned as a rescue to Mazaaj's convoy who asked me to position myself in the middle of the convoy. The group did so well that there was no single recovery episode. Just few second tries especially when were in the Fossil rock area. Every drop was carefully supervised and no surprise that there was plenty of time for pictures and socializing as no time was wasted on forced stops. I hope to see everybody returning and joining Newbie drives which I am sure will be many this season.
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush