Dunes Passion

momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Al Badayer was very busy in this day. We started over the big dunes where I didn't keep enough space with BAT while climbing probably because of the morning drive adrenaline that kept tickling me, then my self and I were doing few mistakes which leaded to second rounds. This made me think mmmm let's drive at the back and calm down :005:.
The track chosen is a nice mix of small and big dunes, medium-soft and hard sand and few arches with the big and small bowls, we can say this track is an [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] signature. We encountered tricky situation where another cars' convoy came crossing our way at a bowl where members where doing second tries. Delicately managed by our experts we carried on without incident. Reached iftar bowl and enjoyed being there. Chubby Panda couldn't resist to do two arches in this area. While serving Karak Tea, alshamsi_m brought our attention that our intermediate buddy got caught by the top crest of the iftar bowl wall. So I tried to go to his rescue but taking the wrong climb direction didn't helped much, meanwhile hockey took the climb from the other side and reached him. Reversed all the way down...Panda announced retreat :005:
On the way back, it started to be dark and not much traffic but when we reached the gatch road along the highway it was crazy...so many poeple and cars in the sand and a lot of crested cars.
I suggest for the Intermediate drivers to receive a theoretical approach of how to drive aside the convoy without endanger its safety and we start practice it, this way the main convoy will be shorter and easier for Marshals to keep closer eye on the Newbies progression. Also good for good radio transmission signal.
All in all it was nice drive and enjoyed it.
Looking forward to read from you guys.
Cheers
Anvi

Dunes Passion

It was a special drive for me , for the very first time I was the 1st car in the convoy behind the Lead (Al Khatib) for some time. My hands were sweating till the last phase of the drive and the concentration level was very high.

This drive had dunes everywhere , I hardly got few long stretches to drive the Xterra in 2nd gear. After the 1st hour or so was worried the engine or transmission temperature would go above the normal, but nope she was cooler than me.

Did get crested once , but Hockey ensured I was pulled out safely. Last 10+ drive I wished there was a special gear somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd , this drive I wished there was a gear before the 1st. (Reverse :confused: )

After the drive met Al Shamsi, he gave a smile and simple answer ” what are you expecting in a 10+ drive”.

Thank you everyone for the drive and meet you all soon.
Duli

Finally after 4 months I was more than happy to meet my Almost 4x4 family due to my work schedules. Thank you [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] for keeping an afternoon drive which allowed me to joing the family after this long break.

As the drive level states.. 10+ drive... All drivers really drove exceptionally well. The route taken by [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] was really fun with a lot of twists and turns and bowls.
Minimum stucks. A few second attempts... but the drive was just going smoothly.

The planned route was Badayer to Super Bowl. We covered a lot of ground during the drive. Reached Iftaar Bowl where the inter/advance group had their fun play time and te newbies were watching the show with some fresh fruits served by [MENTION=8954]BAT[/MENTION] and karak served by [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION]... thanks guys. As we moved from there the roller coaster just got faster and added more turns to the ride. Passed by Super Bowl (who was without any car and seemed happy when he saw us approaching... unfortunately we did not go to it and it looked sad and lonely once again)

Finished the trip at a packed badayer with an ambulance treating an injured person from some other group.

Thank you Almost and all members for the excellent drive.
[MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION]... waiting for the next afternoon drive..

Until next time .. tc and have fun
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another great Friday afternoon with ALMOST 4X4
Before reaching Al-Badayer there was a few rain drops on the windshield of the FJ Cruiser, I thought it would be great driving in the rain in desert but it was just a few drops few times during the drive
The season is really on, many clubs at the meeting point, while for ALMOST 4X4 the season is the whole year around
With marshals, advance and intermediate number equal to newbies number, certainly we had many experts to take care of us
Took off on time, no warming up, [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] was celebrating his birthday one day earlier one the dunes (of course it's the dune passion) (HAPPY BIRTHDAY [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION])
Carefully chosen route, high.. low.. sharp dunes and some sharp climbs which I had to make second try -even with my new tires H/T- (BAT with your COOPER H/T tire I expected you to fly .... Bu Salem on the radio)
* Suddenly it became windy, the sands flying around and could erase the track in few minutes
* Suddenly cleared off
* Suddenly rain drops
* Suddenly wonderful weather
Continue the drive with no major issues, get back to Al-Badayer few minutes after the sunset
Al-Badayer has changed the name to THE DESERT JBR
Thank you everyone for this exciting drive, special thanks to [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] who silently guide, advice and rescue
Thank you Marshals and founders... see you soon in the sands
Be safe