Salalah 2015

Muhittin

Conclusion:
This long boring report written for the sake of almost members who did not joined this trip. They wanted but they were hesitated or unable. So do your best not to miss Salallah 2016. With these words and pictures, we are trying to deliver the maximum of what we feel there. But still watching pictures is away of living the moment.
This wonderful trip is a result of the massive hard work done by the organizers, marshals and founders, those who went with us, and who stayed on the ground. We don't have enough words to thank them for what they did.
@alshamsi_m
Thank you very much for all the hard work that you did. Since the beginning of organizing and planning, ending with the life on the spot decisions. Also we are sorry for every time we came late to the meeting point, your patient is highly appreciated.

@abu Mahmood, arsel arsel
Thank you very much, you and your family added a pleasant and happiness to the trip.

@alhanai
You were our North Star who guid us in this trip, thank you very much for all the assistance that you did.

@Rashidjass
You as sweeping team at the end, same as the hidden solders acting without waiting for return. Thank you very much.

@zico (Abu Tarek)
We don't know from where to start, man you were some one beyond the imagination. And there is not enough space or words to describe your actions. But I will tell you one thing, you left a finger print in every participant during this trip. Thanks a lot "Jazak Allah Kul Khair"

Last but not least,,, @Louai @Louai

I believe that you became the star driver of this trip, your performance with an SUV was amazing, with all the hard parts, but you still determine to accomplish your mission.

In general,,, this trip was the best example of almost family. Thanks to all drivers and passengers
yassser

What an amazing trip to Salalah:ORLY:

It was my second trip in raw , for sometime I was thinking that it could be kind of repeated to me
but honestly with Abu Salem you would get what you would not expect at all.....i swear I felt like it was my first time visiting salalah
( مع ابو سالم مش حتقدر تغمض عينيك )...
with Abu Salem you won't be able to close your eyes....

Thanks God everything was perfect, with this big amount of cars and participants its normal and expected to get confusion or some problems but our Founders and Marshals were beyond the expectations....all trip went very smooth..

On the way going to hotel after camping on the beach Abu salem like a falcon eyes had at glance among mountains to water spot, directly we hit it .it was amazing oasis among trees and mountains..
We were looking each other guessing shall we swim in or no !! ...suddenly@Rashidjass was the first camicaz who jumped in the fresh water ...then most of us followed him...it was up normal and wonderful feeling to swim in this marvellous place. For a moments I felt myself like the Us actor Mil Gibson filming a movie in some island in Asia:051: ........seriously unforgettable memories...
That was all in Day 0....
Day 1
we had long list of visits and places with different nature such Jabel Samhan almost with Hight of 1300 feet....when we became on the top clouds were under us..what a view and inside valleys ...offcourse hundreds of photos were taken...reached hotel so so tired but of course full of enjoyment
Day 2
we headed to Yemen borders 350 km ( longest drive) among brilliant green mountains, we ended up in restaurant having our lunch
Thanks Almost for being so generous.....
Day 3
Again and again was full of interesting places we visited Darbat park and me and other ten Almosters called by Defrag family to ride small boat inside the lake .... We really had alot of fun with big laughing :005: and yelling ...
Day 4
We went to kharafat area its unbelievable route ..and also its muddy and so slippery (4H engaged) ...last year was closed and we came to know why..... ...its so dangerous and as @Rashidjass said Almosters start where the road ends:060:...there were huge rooks fallen down and broke the road...then we carried on to the way of heaven its really WOW..let my other friends telling you about it...

At the end I have :
Many thanks and appreciations to our leader founder Abu Salem @alshamsi_m you are really the big Boss, God bless you man:048: .
Many thanks too to our dear Marshal Abu Tarek @zico you were the GodFather of this trip ..you were like father treats his sons with big patience and efforts ...jazaak alluah Alf khair..:047:

Thanks Rashed jazz, Bu Mahmood,and all members for the big efforts you put it to make this trip successful.

I have two special thanks as well
One for my partner @Louai ...it was really lovely company to share all these nice memories together... next time please slow down more man ..:045:
And second one to our wonderful @momo with this gentleman our trip has special taste.:victorious:

All in all ....wonderful Salalah with wonderful almost family.
Everyone gets back his home with wide smile on the all faces. Marshals members families.
That's why I believe that Salalah 2016 list is full from now :yaeh am not durnk::grin:..
See you soon
Cheers
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear all,
I would like to start where we usually end by thanking everyone in this unforgettable trip and special thanks to:
1- @alshamsi_m for his exceptional leading skills
2- @zico for his human touch and technical support to everyone
3- @TariqYounis @Rashidjass and @salhinai for support sweeping and guiding the convoy
I'm still surprised how in 7 days crossing over 4,000 km our convoy neither was separated nor any of our members were got lost
I know that we all had GPS and communication devices but it's still admiring point by the people whom I told the story
communication and alerting from front, back by everyone makes this drive easy and safer
I believe we'll talk in our reports about the amazing Salalah nature, greenery, clouds, fog and rain
But I also believe that for most of us it's not the first time in such nature and environment, but for me it was my first time to be in such place in the driver seat behind the steering and it's awesome
What an off roader, adventurer or explorer would wish more than off road driving, mountain climbing and swimming, then shifting in climate from dry to wet, sun shining clear to foggy, desert to mountains and valleys within few minutes
Personally...
* I had the chance to know ALMOST 4X4 family closer and had the honor to meet Abo Mahmoud, Khallaf and Defrag families
* Last time I shared my hotel room with some one was in 1993 in Moscow (22 years ago) but in Salalah it was real pleasure to share the room with the most polite and decent person @Muhittin
* To give the best sweet flavor to my trip I got a surprised birthday party in the hotel (guys that was unexpected and so generous of you, that's the family spirit) remember that you gonna do it every year, or you have to shift the trip timing because I'm planing to be there every year (ان شاء الله)
* For the first time in my life I saw a transit person mopping off the wet floor of the Ablution area for the public, Abo Tariq and Louai you sat a very high standard (it was so touching)
I don't want to make it long boring report, in short the whole package was exceptional, now I'm looking forward for another adventure with ALMOST 4X4 family
See you all soon
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

I got a new name (Abo Mahmoud) :relief:

Dear MK93 Abo Mahmoud's name is Tariq Younis

[quote=Mk93;43475]Hello everybody, I hope you are doing well after this long road drive.
I am still not familiar with writing reports because its still my first trip with ALMOST4X4 but hopefully not the last.
I would like to say that this trip was amazing and I really enjoyed it even there were a lot of mosquitoes but still the lovely and friendly atmospheres were prevailed. It was my first time for me to visit Salalah, so everything were new for me, but @alshamsi_m (Bu Salam) didn't make it boring for the others who came before, since he discovered some new points of interest like the Wadi. I could say that generally it was a fantastic trip without any big issues or problems and this because of the good management and the Marshal's wisdom.

Thanks For all AlMOSTERS for being nice and helpful, thanks for Mohammed Alshamsi (Bu Salam) @alshamsi_m for being our leader, for his efforts and his carefulness on us, I wish to do it again with him.
Thanks for @Desertbat (Abo Mahmoud) for being our second leader. And special thanks for @zico (Abo Tarek) for being kind and keen on me like a second dad.[/quote]
Mk93

Sry for that
I am still new in the club, thats why all the names are mixed up in my memory 😂 [MENTION=3879]Desert[/MENTION]bat
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

Don't worry at all
I'm just kidding

[quote=Mk93;43495]Sry for that
I am still new in the club, thats why all the names are mixed up in my memory  @Desertbat[/quote]
elena

OK.. It’s time! It’s time! It’s time to write a report!:hope my fake smile[CENTER]
Greetings Almosters!
[/CENTER]

(Really sorry for those who couldn’t join the trip.. No real words can express what we experienced in reality and all the emotions we had..)

Seems that during the last trip participants were bitten by Salalah bug, as all year round we were asking when 2015 edition is coming. When I heard some talks about the dates are going on, immediately I booked a week of vacation for that. No way I gonna miss it I told to myself! And then finally it was announced! I think I was one of the first who registered, even though I evaluated the challenge and danger of driving for such a long distance.. But they say if you wish your mind and soul keep working, you always have to do something that might scare you! No hesitations! Almost family is there and that what gives you a secure feeling from the very beginning. By the way, I was the only driving girl, so thank you everybody for bearing with me. :evanwhateverlinethi

When we had a preparation meeting and were handed over a booklet with coordinates, plan and explanations and what to do in unforeseen situations, we already saw what a great job was done by the club for us. We could enter coordinates in our GPS and feel safe if convoy gets disconnected. Luckily we didn’t have major issues (!). And we managed to travel all together. Family spirit and perfect organization! :like:

By the way when we were at the border, everybody was stopped and some of the cars were checked. Me and my guest Renate being questioned “Where do you go?!” could just say “O-M-A-N”. Ok. Go!
:ORLY:

The driving time to Salalah was long, but again it was expected. Even I have forseen that I might be struggling on the highway, where the strong wind was ready to blow me away. But all was good, even though of course tiresome, because we reached our beach camp around 2.30 am only, we managed. On the way back actually my plan was to leave earlier, and drive at a lower speed to avoid endangering myself and my passenger, but then
Bu Salem told no, offered to swap with me, giving me his luxurious Land Cruiser. See! Our marshals are ready to sacrifice their property and comfort for us. I really appreciate that! Real men!!!!! :applouse:

By the way on the beach we were sleeping on a turtle shell! Exclusive experience! Only in Salalah!:sleeping:

Then we drove .. and drove .. and drove! Somebody was dreaming of shower and here we go! Hash! Never stop dreaming! Your dreams might come true! Wadi! Full stop! Water! Refreshing! Jump! Oooofff! That was so good to carry on! Here we go! Driving.. driving.. driving..

5 days of driving!
@Muhittin already covered all the points of visit sufficiently and @momo covered it with amazing shots. We, simple people, can just describe our emotions and show our appreciation. Driving from morning till night, hidden places, off-roading (even it was declared as a road trip, but with Bu Salem you never know).. But almosters start their drive where the road ends. Literally! In one place there was no more road at all, but nevertheless we continued with no regrets! Amazing open beach with huge waves!

No minute to waste or stay bored. When were not behind the steering wheels, here comes
Abu Tareq with team games. Some of them were really tricky and are still keeping their secrets..

Mosquitos in Salalah have no mercy, so we were bitten only by them. Otherwise no one can beat Almost!

Driving in the fog and being over the clouds.. Green as green can be green sceneries. My eyes really say thank you!

The trip was really long-awaited, very well-planned and exceeded all our expectations. For example, I wouldn’t wait for a “gala-dinner” with games and prizes in a ball room… Guys! Seriously! Wow!

I want to thank everybody for our success! It’s our common team achievement! And of course our guardians,
Abu Tareq, Abu Mahmoud, Rashidjass and Bu Salem for leadership! We could see the exhaustion in their eyes when we reached our final point, but satisfaction, that WE DID IT!

I am still digesting what actually happened and where have we been.. Seems that another planet…

But yes, guys, we did it!

[CENTER]Thank you!

P.S. A lot of jokes and situations were happening in between, but seriously it cannot be described on paper..

[/CENTER]
Now coming back to our Gold Sands!
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
P.P.S at Mughsayl it is 25 degrees now!

As well from my friend's side I would thank everybody for this super amazing trip. She enjoyed at its most and never regreted that she agreed to participate (by the way when i offered her to join she had no hesitations at all!).

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

What an AMAZING Trip!!! it was the best week in my life. We ran into some delays through the trip to oman, it was nice. A bit boring, especially when you're driving alone for more than 12 hours, but still it was nice. we stayed the first night on the coasts of Oman, were some slept in their tents, and Others including Me slept in their cars. Second Day we started up early in the morning, we had an early coffee break, and hop on!!

On the way we Found a Water Lake. it was peaceful, quiet, amazing, beautiful, and all the nice words any one can say. Imagine when you go to a 5* Hotel and they have a small artificial lake, where everything is perfect, and multiply that perfectness by 10 times, and there you have it. we went there and then abu salem said I don't care I'm swimming. and 10 minutes later almost all of the members were in the lake. Since we are the first club to reach that lake, I suggested we call it the Almost lake, but abu salem gave me the Honor and Called it Hamzah's Lake. Yes that was the first step of me invading OMAN.

We continued from there to attine where we had some good chicken, then back to the hotel. Day 1-5 was full of activities as [MENTION=9157]Muhittin[/MENTION] Mentioned. We were eaten alive by Mosquitoes. Had some Camels chasing @TariqYounis (Abu Mahmood), saw a pack of camels racing down the road for some reason, GOT OUR CARS DIRTY!! (Yes that was my target all of the trip), we had lots and lots of green sceneries, for the first time in my phones life the gallery is producing a green color in all of the pictures.

After the gathering that was hosted by the marshalls, where we played games, and had a birthday surprise for [MENTION=3879]Desert[/MENTION]bat, I went back to my hotel, then after I prepared myself to sleep, I got sick and started vomiting all over the place.
:TT TT::sick::sick::sick: half of the next day I missed, but then I caught up with the convoy thanks to [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION]'s booklet, that was for me the best drive, because I got to speed up to catch up... even at the military check point, they asked me why was I late and astray from the convoy. :grin: After noon I got sick again, so I asked Anas to drive for me. he was confused because it has an automatic gearbox. :ORLY: And they tried to force me to eat but I couldn't so Loai took me to the hospital where I got treated in preparation for the next day, the Drive Back to Dubai. thanks to [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] who offered to drive for me since I was still sick. I couldn't be a passenger, but at the end I fell into the passengers comfort zone, and slept until the border.:grin::grin:, where I went straight to my comfy bed with my comfy pillow.

In a sum, to the people who didn't come, You guys missed it. I can't wait for Salalah '16. I became closer with the marshals, and other members of the Almost Family.

Thanks [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] @tarikyounis [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for all of your hard work, and thanks everybody for the family spirit, I really never felt like an outsider in the trip.

P.S. I am still picking the pictures to be uploaded with videos, and I will post links for them as soon as I get them. Hopefully this weekend.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Fellow Almosters first of all apologies for the late trip report as I've been busy with some family affairs and couldn't tend to my 2nd family but now that all is well i decided to give my report for this trip (ps i will be doing this in many parts as it takes a while to rewind and type all that out what we have seen :brigade.baka-wolf.c)
First of all let me jus mention that this was my 3rd year in salalah with almost4x4 and i was expecting to go the same places we went last year (boy was i wrong) the almost founders and marshals never fail to impress an entire new experience in the same place. its like topping up your own best :D
I originally planned to be coming alone but fortunately (or unfortunately :p) my parents decided to join me last moment meaning that we could swap drivers through the trip :045:
Meeting point was an hour away and i made sure to wake up extra early to compensate for any last minute hiccups .
we then made it to the main point in time and started chit chatting with the members and fellow palmisters we were then briefed and given our goodies which were sponsored by pop and slamstop kudos to them for that ! :like:
We then started moving towards the border of oman in order to enter oman (which took quite a while) but we all passed the border with a little bit of hastle in about 2 hours (an hour late then planned ) the drive after the border was a long and plain drive with miles and miles of sand all we could see at times were the fuel pumps .
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yesterday my daughter came back to Dubai
She watched my birthday party with AMOST family on facebook so she figured out my birthday gifts
1- ALMOST 4X4 logo made from play-Doh
2- ALMOST 4X4 T-Shirt of her own design
And she insists to join next ALMOST 4X4 camping

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2630[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.