Jamboree Relided 2

Muhittin

Dear all,

I would like to thank everyone, starting from the great founders and marshals to advance an intermediate ending with newbies and passengers.
even the weather was a bit hot today, but the drive in general was great. [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] said that you will drive with drivers you are seeing them for the first time. And he was true, also [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] said that the drive style will be first time to drive. And again he was true. Then he said that we will worm up with very super easy drive, and [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] was true. Then when he took us to the second level, then drivers start pushing their cars to the edge. Today I press the accelerated byound the "floor it".(almost my foot got out of the floor)
sorry [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] because I failed to be your second lead. Thank you [MENTION=3080]Agalon[/MENTION] for being second lead. It was really cool to drive behind you and learned a lot.
very special thanks to [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] for his countinouse support and assistance.;-)

thanks and regards.
elena

Hello almosters! I was happy to participate in Jambooree Reloaded II. As I have missed the previous one, I was really curious about the track. Thanks @ALKHATIB! :grin:

The drive was really enjoyable, and as marshals say if you enjoy it, means you are driving your level. The challenge was in hot temperature, especially to inflate tyres in the end of the drive. Ooof… I don’t know how many liters of water I consumed. Was not easy to be exposed to the heat at midday. :eyes on fire:

Other than that organization was as always perfect. Thanks to all our marshals, how quick and efficient it was managed with the number of cars we had. Even when convoy was disconnected for some reason immediately “guardian angels” @Yoghybear, @zico, @Mazaaj were there! And of course “hanging Megatron” out of competition! My passenger was amazed by this “trick” and here and there could only say “look! look! here he is or there he is!”:045:Nothing can skip the eyes of our @alshamsi_m!

Thank you for fellow almosters, who saw some strange smoke coming out of my car, so I could not challenge that bowl.. L but the team support is great! @Hockey who investigated the car on the spot and @momo ready with fire extinguisher! Mazaaj quickly estimated the situation and decided to take me out for safety reasons. I didn’t feel anything wrong happening on the way back.. Hopefully my Charlie is fine, anyway will take him to the almost4x4 garage these days for check up. And as for now I think we will be “grounded’ as we are looking forward to Salalah 2015!

Cheers and regards to everyone!

elena
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi,

It was great to see you all guys again. It has been a while since I was out for a vacation. I came in the morning at 05:00 and head to desert couple of hours later.That is called "sand addiction" :) and there is no cure for it.

So I was trying to use my energy efficiently and wasn't moving around much and this has been noticed by @alshamsi_m immediately. He asked me if I am sleeping :). So when you hear they say "Marshalls are always watching" they really mean it.

For our fresh newbies I would like to give a small advice: Sometimes it is safer to floor the gas then going slowly all the time , it is a game of adjusting your momentum and distance and sometimes you need more speed to pass the dunes safer.And always listen and respond to instructions given by Marshalls immediately.

Thanks to all Marshalls , support and participated for this nice Friday morning ride.

Hope to see you all soon again
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 320, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]All set, our long convoy took shape and our little toys started playing on the sand like chicks.This is my first experience in the Jamboree drives. I guess this is one kind of drives that fresh Newbies shouldn't miss in the aim of polishing their driving skills and learn new techniques.[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/540/46DMid.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/673/C3cNil.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[TD]The drive was long and the increase in the temperature from morning till noon time affected tire pressure. So many of us needed to check it along the drive.

I was driving as the last position before the sweeping car and it was nice to see Marshals and Founders raid all dunes, they appear from places you don't expect and they do very precise tasks and then disappear.
Experience Boys[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]You would guess how no body was left behind in this vast desert, this was the job of [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] in this drive. He has an eagle vision, don't underestimate his task. God bless you bro.[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/907/p5KyxZ.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/673/yGv7MA.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[TD]Thank you [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for holding the Camels' convoy. Please don't hesitate to click on your picture, it will forward you to the high definition one. Cheers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Here where one of our fellow members had a pop-out. Believe me it is not an issue, no matter how many times it happens, it stays fun. Everyone is gathering around, learning, chitchatting and laughing.[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/912/B3BD5N.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/910/b9pz41.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[TD]In this picture you can see the position of the lifting jack and the lifting point. (Nissan Xterra, front right side) Thank you [MENTION=9155]Mark B[/MENTION] for assisting. Fixing a pop-out as a demonstration takes long time but afterwards it might be possible to fix it in less than 10 min. There are some experts in this field[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]@ALKHATIB [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION][/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/661/cDNk9O.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/540/mlt7QN.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[TD]@Selfie is the first member who will have a tag before he creates his account.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]@SINGH [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] [MENTION=9783]Daggerfall[/MENTION] [MENTION=8720]Solmaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=3080]Agalon[/MENTION] [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] a typical family picture.

All in all, this trip was amazing, highly educative for the fresh newbies and demonstrating how it is safe to drive in a club.[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/661/s7lHZx.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/540/fayU2X.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[TD]You can click on all pictures to access to the high definitions ones and discover another set of pictures.

Regards to all[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
stiphy

The Jamboree Reloaded 2 drive was the longest drive around 80kms. My 1st newbie and long drive in a DESERT

we were total around 25 cars. Every time I was cop up with my driving style and distance from the car in front of me. My stuck was also happened due to some wrong judgment. I was at the 4 th convoy. I was under the impression that the car in front of me will pass the dune and he reduced the speed but he passed the dune. But I lost the momentum and don’t have much space to react or I was late to react. Result is struck and chance for the rollover is 90% (as per marshal).I was literally scared and by mistake I was changed the wireless frequency as well and I am not able to hear any instruction from our Marshalls.

Lesson from the drive:
  • Regardless the driver and the car in front of you, you have to keep always safe distance. In my case I didn’t keep enough distance and end up in stuck.
  • "Marshalls are always watching", Nothing can skip the eyes of them and they will help you
Once again thanks you very much for my Marshals and seniors for the wonderful drive. See you all in the next drive. Take care. The Jamboree
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was really happy to participate in another great drive with the club organized by our dedicated marshals. Drive was great, it was my second drive with the club and 1st as a newbie. Different types of terrain and techniques, as a fresh newbie couldn't ask for a better one. This time only one stuck and another pop-out. (GRRRREAAAT) :p lesson learned-ALWAYS FOLLOW MARSHALS ORDERS

I am not going to write about each and everything about the drive but I want to share something I truly felt during the drive and after.

When I had the pop-out due to my ignorance, first I got scared a lil and later more when @Mazaaj came and calmly asked what did I do and explained what happened and what worse could have happened, then I realized it could have ruined the whole drive for everyone, but all the marshals had great patience and explained how to avoid a situation like that. When this happened after a few minutes everybody was at the scene and everybody just jumped for the help, and within 10-15 min it was all sorted out and we were on the run again. Thank you all the help everyone. I was amazed to see such an expertise, teamwork and leadership.

Then I had a very unfortunate stuck, I couldn't help it. Again the angels flew in for the recovery. I felt a lil embarrassed after this, when we got to the shops for the break, I told this to @Solmaz, and @Hockey and @alshamsi_m and the reply was amazing, truly felt like treated as family and put my morale back up. (so I can get stuck 20 times in drive,, lol.. :p but didnt say anything about how many pop-outs though,,,, :p)

All I want to say here is I understood and felt when it is said "WELCOME TO THE SECOND FAMILY". Founders and all the Marshals and other senior members you guys don't have to be burnt under the sun but doing it also for us, dedicating your precious time, for that just want to say THANK YOU even though it is not enough. Really enjoyed the drive and looking forward for the next one.

Cheers and Regards

R.B
R.B
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Daggerfall;43349]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... fb71c0a592[/quote]
For some reasons I cannot share it on FB. Did you change your privacy settings?
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=caprihorse;43354]For some reasons I cannot share it on FB. Did you change your privacy settings?[/quote]

It was friends only . I changed it to public.