Catch The Star

Alyasi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi almosters how are you.
good to see you and meet you in the sand.
It was Great trip with great people.
Hop to see guys.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Adam;43194]Nice popout! Who managed that?[/quote]
[MENTION=10405]Adam[/MENTION]
Ha ha,,, that was meeee,,,,, this was one of my heroic moves yesterday,,, complete report will come soon... Lol.... :p
R.B
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

It was a bit worm morning for the marshals although we managed to finish at 10 am as planned. On the other hand, it is always a great pleasure to see the new Club Members in our family. I was in [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION]'s convoy , where he spared no dune or drop for the members on his way. I think all the members enjoyed the drive and I'm sure there is more fun to come.

Cheers for now
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
nawar

Great learning opportunity from excellent experts. Was my pleasure to be a member of convey 2 under lead of [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] with supervision of both [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], and Abu Tareq (apologize as I don’t know your nick name here), thanks all, and special thanks to Abu Tareq for the UHF radio.
As a previous off road driver, I would say that one of the interesting things in this club is communication skills on the convey. Every things is communicated step by step.
See you all soon guys, but hopefully next trip will be at afternoon before sunset(need to have enough sleep on weekend ;)
salhinai
Advance
Advance

It was good seeing you all on the sand. Thanks to our marshals for taking care of all of us. Tell we meet again be safe and enjoy the sand.
Ankit

Hello All,
First I would like to thank Yoghybear and all the organizers for such a wonderful trip . After a long wait finally the day came where club members get an official induction from our respected Marshals & Founders of the club. Yoghybear & Alshamsi started by telling us the basic thumb rule of desert driving & most important convoy rules. Few statement from Alshamsi which I will always remember : "Be hard on your engine; we are driving from many years and nothing happen to our cars, but be gentle with your tyre", "Make gravity your friend not your enemy" and last "off-roading is a dangerous game; for which U have already enrolled so except your losses if something happen to the car".

Mainly the drive was easy keeping in mind level of the drivers, but latter had a little mix of some tricky dunes to get us a taste of what is coming ahead when we drive in higher levels. There were few stucks here n there which were recovered safely. Thanks to Red Baron for giving us a chance to learn how to fix a pop out, which was one of my biggest fear but the rescue team made it look so simple to repair (sorry for your tyre buddy). It was a nice experience to drive in convoy with radio communication(like going on a mission ). Trip ended on time and everyone made it safely to the end point.
Thanks everyone for driving with me. See you all soon. Take care.
Ankit

Just noticed I got my first star :applause: Thanks Yoghybear. Congrats to all who got promoted to Newbie:thumbsup:.
Shah
Advance
Advance

Hello every 1
First would like to thanks marshals and founder for giving an oppertunity to be a part of Almost 4x4 family. It was wonderfull experience more than expected. Cant wait to take back pathy in sands & see her dancing on dunes . The best things about almost 4x4 which makes them unique, communication skills, superb supervision, safty first, energetic team, so on n on.
Thanks for the first STAR (Yoghybear, alshamsi_m, Marshals, Singh)

Wasco aka Shahid
Cell : 055-7895556 + whatsapp
BB : 2ADDF89F
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

After awaiting about 2 months, finally got the chance to enter this fabulous family last Friday with @Yoghybear ‘s Catch the star drive. It was a great morning; weather was not that bad like weeks before, like the marshals have foreseen it for the new comers.

Anyway thank you so much all the marshals @Yoghybear, @alshamsi_m, @Rashidjass @Mazaaj and all other marshals and crew who is not mentioned for organizing such an event for us to join the almost family. It was my first real drive and I was able to experience everything what @alshamsi_m explained during the briefing. Tries, rounds, stuck, popout, etc…

3 second tries, 1 stuck, 1 popout, So it was GRRRREEAAAT. I remember when I joined the club and going through the reading materials, it said “Don’t afraid to get stuck”, so I wasn’t. Lol,,,:p And you are welcome @Ankit, I learned how to fix a pop out as well. Thank you so much @salhinai and @Hockey for giving us the demonstration. But this drive taught me so many things, what to do and what not to do. But I still don’t know how I managed to get my tyre popped out. That I have to learn later. But Yoghy said “because you fight the sand too much, you will learn slowly” while smiling, so I believe I was not that bad, and I am right in the learning curve.

Special thanks to marshal @Rashidjass and @salhinai for all the help throughout the drive. You guys were like guardian angels got my back all everytime I got stuck. thanks for having patience on us. Anyway thank you everyone who came on the day to make it special and special thanks to everyone who organized this event and all the marshals for the support and guidance. Really appreciate it.

Cheers
R.B
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

And here are some photos of the day...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2535[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2536[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2538[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2540[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2543[/ATTACH]
R.B