Naming Structure for GPS Points

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi,

Do you have any naming structure working fine for the GPS points? I was giving them numbers like PS_01,02,03 etc (Petrol station) but it is hard to find a point like that when you need it.

Perhaps putting area name in front of it might work fine like Sweihan_PS_01. Any suggestions?

And are you keeping all the points in the GPS device or uploading them based on the trip area?

I am using Garmin 650

Thanks in advance
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Daggerfall;42628 wrote:Hi,

Do you have any naming structure working fine for the GPS points? I was giving them numbers like PS_01,02,03 etc (Petrol station) but it is hard to find a point like that when you need it.

Perhaps putting area name in front of it might work fine like Sweihan_PS_01. Any suggestions?

And are you keeping all the points in the GPS device or uploading them based on the trip area?

I am using Garmin 650

Thanks in advance
Try to use always relevant icons for your waypoints, this helps visually. Additionally develop your own naming system, as we are not sharing the points among us, as it was not always very reliable source of information.

Your points are for you and your safety. You can share them, but you need always to present your naming convention.