The Heat

Muhittin

hello everyone.
i will start with thanking [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] about this heat drive. Also thank you @Rashidjass. thank you @Hockey. Thank you every one . It was a very nice drive.
the morning meeting was on time. And we drive also on time 7:00 am.
The sandy weather was not helping, some parts of the street were covered by sand. Our trip desiged to be from Badayer shops to second September cafe then coming back. This looks short and easy drive. But when our artist Yoghy designed and draw a beautiful track combining the fun and learning even though we lost the connection between the two parts of the convoy, that's why our trip became from albadayer to pink rock and back.
i am sorry that I had a few second rounds and causes some delay. Thank you @Hockey for rescue me when I crested. Also thank you @SINGH when you lead me once I lost the track.
special thanks to our favorite driver @Arabasque. He was the second lead again. I think he will buy a pickup so the marshals will not keep him in the front and leave him at the end of the convoy, even though the driving as second lead is easy as you are copying the leader. And the track is not damaged as if you are driving last.
as some of you might not know that I am the driver inside the silver Pathfinder, so please if you have any comment, advise, instruction, suggestion, etc. about my driving skills, what mistakes I made and what are my weakness points. Please don't hesitate and sheer these information. Also if you have a video or picture of my drive, kindly share them.

once again, the drive was very nice and fun and I enjoyed driving with you. Thanks you all. Have a nice weekend. See you soon in the Grand Iftar in the middle of Ramadan.

regards.

C U
azma

Hello dear Almosters,

Big thanks for this awesome and interesting trip, below is the track with trip info, my report will follow later.

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2479&stc=1[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2480&stc=1[/IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
azma

Dear [MENTION=1]admin[/MENTION]

Would you please change the subject of this thread from the heat to "beat the heat", as there is another trip with similar title and we don't want to have any confusion.

Thanks for your help and support.
Arabasque

Last Friday we had a very nice drive led by [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] with [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] as copilot. Thanks a lot to the leading Team.

Also thanks to [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION], [MENTION=1593]Melfi[/MENTION], [MENTION=3389]SINGH[/MENTION], [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION], [MENTION=10075]Mark[/MENTION]B and [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] and also to the rest of the drivers.

The drive was nice and varied. In the briefing Yoghy commented that since he did not know much about the participants’ driving experience and skills, he would start easier and gradually increase the level, which he did.

We started 7.00am sharp as promised (as precise as a Swiss watch)

We had the opportunity to practice many different things including some drops, ditches, side dunes, a bit of soft sand, overcoming sharp dunes, which were abundant and which gave the chance for some of us to get “crested”, etc.

It was quite a windy day, thus the sand was “clean” with no trace of other previous convoys, which made it easier to follow the convoy, but finally this fact did not totally prevent some cars getting momentarily lost (including me after taking a second round :-)

Talking about this, on one occasion I had to take a second round and was so focused on doing it and wanted to do it so fast, that I did not use the walkie to say that I was taking a second round.

This was a mistake from my side which led me to get lost for a couple of minutes, since I followed the wrong tracks (which had been made by our own convoy earlier).
I believe that in the second round situations it is better to take it easier and say your name and say that you are attempting a second try; this would help the preceding vehicles (including the leading Marshal) to keep track of you not following immediately after them, and also will help the vehicle behind you not to follow you closely and do exactly what you are doing but rather stop and give you the chance.

Also, when using the walkie, I believe it could be helpful to say our nickname fist of all and then start talking which could avoid confusion. For example – “Arabasque here, ((and then the message))” – which I believe I did not do all the time also… sorry for that. Maybe this is more necessary in this kind of convoy with newbies where we are still not so familiar with other drivers’ (voices).

To the Marshals and more experienced people: what I said in the previous paragraphs is just my opinion and what the intuition tells me but please feel free to add or correct whatever you deem appropriate.

Well, overall it was a great drive with the Almost4x4 Family!!! Good fun and another good learning experience!!! Thanks to all!!!

Iñigo AKA Arabasque
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Arabasque;42621]Also, when using the walkie, I believe it could be helpful to say our nickname fist of all and then start talking which could avoid confusion. For example – “Arabasque here, ((and then the message))” – which I believe I did not do all the time also… sorry for that. Maybe this is more necessary in this kind of convoy with newbies where we are still not so familiar with other drivers’ (voices).

[/quote]
For your own safety, it is important to read also blogs at our Forum, e.g.:

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... -Way-Radio

or

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... -the-Forum

Enjoy reading !
Muhittin

@azma very good driver, if the marshal told him to stop, he will stop immediately (azma drives black wrangler)

[video][/video]

@SINGH rescue crested car by his hands

[video][/video]
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Muhittin;42630]@azma very good driver, if the marshal told him to stop, he will stop immediately (azma drives black wrangler)

[video][/video]

[video][/video][/quote]

I think you were almost kissing him :)
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
azma

[quote=Muhittin;42630]@azma very good driver, if the marshal told him to stop, he will stop immediately (azma drives black wrangler) [/quote]

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2482&stc=1[/IMG]

Thanks @Muhittin for mentioning that I am a good driver, but I have the feeling that this is kind of sarcasm, there was a car stopped in front of me as well that's why I had to stop, and why you are not keeping distance?:Psmiley:

Check the below photo from your video, I think the whole convoy stopped but you kept going on :Psmiley:

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2483&stc=1[/IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Muhittin;42630]@azma very good driver, if the marshal told him to stop, he will stop immediately (azma drives black wrangler)

[video][/video]

[video][/video][/QUpOTE]

I got the power.....:yarr:...
Muhittin

[quote=azma;42632]

Thanks @Muhittin for mentioning that I am a good driver, but I have the feeling that this is kind of sarcasm, there was a car stopped in front of me as well that's why I had to stop, and why you are not keeping distance?:Psmiley:

Check the below photo from your video, I think the whole convoy stopped but you kept going on :Psmiley:

[/quote]

So, one of my weaknesses is not keeping enough distance, good,,, keep going bro, and tell me more.