Dunes Fitness

fadi
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a nice and pleasant drive, we had some short ridge rides and some nice crossings.

The days before were hot and windy and most of the area was without tracks.

See below our served Lunch in RED :057: mmmh i cant get enough from the Marshals meals.

We reached Iftar Bowl and enjoyed the show of the boys with toys, I asked for permission to take a round but surely safety comes first and rules are made to be followed…good that I had a heavy breakfast in the area some hours before :grin:

After that we had an easy inflation at the badayer shops. I really could get used to it, getting the tires inflated while drinking a cold coconut and talking to family members.

The wind blew up and we found cover in one of the shops were we had a nice chat. I was invited to come along to a special dinner at a restaurant which seems to be a secret tip, but unfortunately I had already commitments that evening and had to leave.

The days are coming and I wish to enjoy your company soon again. :038:

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2474&stc=1[/IMG]
azma

As usual WOOOOOOW, that was an amazing trip, can't find the right words to describe it.
Big Thanks to @ALKHATIB and all the marshals who made this trip a successful & amazing one.
A detailed report of my experience will follow, meantime I would to post the below track information, thanks @fadi for your picture but I think something wrong with it, or it may be mine the wrong one, but I remember that we crossed few points more than once which is not reflected in your cart.

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2476&stc=1[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2477&stc=1[/IMG]

Best Regards,

Hamza aka Azma
azma

Hello again,
Below is the way how I could describe the trip from my point of view, as I couldn’t find a better way, I will put it as a conversation between the good me & the bad me, Hamza is the good me and Azma is the bad me, to the members who doesn’t speak Arabic, Azma means crisis, I got this nick name when I was a kid because of the troubles I put myself in always.

Trip Registration:

Azma: I registered for the Friday trip Dunes fitness.
Hamza: But this is for 10+ and you been only twice with Almost4x4.
Azma: yes I know but you know me, I am brave.
Hamza: this is not brave, this is Stupid.
Azma: but I still didn’t try our new Jeep, and can’t wait longer.
Hamza: You will damage it.
Azma: shut up chicken, you always like this, I am going, end of the discussion.

Arrived to meeting point:

Found @Hockey already there, few minutes later @alshamsi_m arrived, he took a nap (I think he was tiered from catch me if you can).
Than the other members start coming, we had a little chat before the trip starts.
Hamza & Azma start their argument again when @zico came in with a jeep wrangler.

Hamza: look, @zico came this time with a Wrangler, usually he drives Patriot, that’s a sign of the hardness of the trip.
Azma: I said shut up, we are here and we can’t go back now.
Hamza: Ok if you say so but this is on you, I warned you.

Few minutes later, @Mazaaj warned me and asked to leave my car and join one of the Marshals as a passenger as this trip will be a punishment for beginners like me, @zico said the same and @hamzahng followed him, and the argument started again.

Hamza: see, told you this trip is for 10+, it’s not too late, do like @hamzahng and enjoy the trip better than you regret it.
Azma: yeah yeah, they are just joking and I have a jeep, no worries everything will be fine
Hamza: man, what’s in you head, all the signs say that you shouldn’t be here.
Azma: I said shut up and stay away from me.

So, with all the warnings I got from @ALKHATIB, @Mazaaj, @alshamsi_m, I am still going.
The only thing that almost changed my mind was when I looked in @zico eyes and I got this message: What the hell are you doing here, please don’t go, but I was raised in a region that its people are famous with stubborn heads.

Trip Started:

As everyone knew that I am the weakest point, the Marshals put me just behind @ALKHATIB so they can assist me when it’s required (Which was the case).
I was able to keep up with @ALKHATIB for the first 5mn than the argument started again:

Azma: shit, this is hard.

Hamza: Told you.
Azma: yes I know, now find a solution to get out from this.
Hamza: it’s your mistake, deal with it.
Azma: Please…
Hamza: you always put us in troubles than you ask me for help, anyway, ask one the Marshals to drive you to the main road.
Azma: but this is embarrassing.
Hamza: Do you have a better idea?
Azma: no, but I am not dropping the trip, what is the worst thing that can happen?
Hamza: Roll over !!!!!
Azma: @ALKHATIB did it before, why not me?
Hamza: you are out of your mind, let’s focus on the drive.

After struggling for one hour and a couple near stuck (Thanks to @Hockey & @alshamsi_m for their advices), @Mazaaj asked @ALKHATIB to stop so the team can take a break which I been waiting for it from the beginning of the trip, we took a break of 15mn where I had to through up (Sorry but my heart was beating too fast and disturbed my stomach).
After that, @ALKHATIB made the trip easier and I quite enjoyed the last part of the trip, I mean I enjoyed the whole trip but the first part @ALKHATIB scared the hell out of me.

At the end, I would give big thanks to the marshals for this amazing & wonderful experience, I started knowing the members better and this is what found out up to now:
@Melfi: I would say ladies first but she drives better than most of the men, and she gave me the courage to finish the trip, appreciated.
@Mazaaj : Jeep’s representative, I was with him in the previous trip as a passenger, 3 days later I bought a Jeep, @hamzahng was a passenger with him and decided to sell his Pajero and by a Jeep.
PS: if you found a Pajero on Dubbizle that says Expat owned, Lady driven, never been on off-road, that’s @hamzahng 's car.
@alshamsi_m: Flooooooooor it and don’t fight gravity.
@ALKHATIB: The race driver.
@zico: for some reason and because of what I saw in the last 3 trips with him, @zico was always making sure that everyone is safe and he was always giving extra caution to what’s going on, I would call him the ALMOST4x4 Father.

Regarding my car, I would say:

JEEP makes great off-roaders

Proud to be a member of ALMOST4x4 Family.
Arun Pandyat

After Catch Me If You Can XIII myself and @Defrag planned to stay at Al Badayar hence Dunes Fitness was starting from there. We had bath from the shops, had chit chat, small lunch and had a nap. We had a short breafing by [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] and @Mazzaj. I was expecting many stuck situations due to soft sand. But I was surprised that the rout which he took us was very smooth except few points. I got warning on radio from @Mazaj to keep the distance, if I remember correctly, yes I was moving ahead – to park on a safer place, definitely was not passing ahead of the stuck car. As Marshal’s instruction from there I kept more distance from the car in front of me and got enough time to react. One of my friend was disparate me to be at 2nd Dec to help him and I could say bye to all the members. As usual we had a war between Jeepers and Japanies cars at Iftar Bowl. I really enjoyed the drive and company of fellow members.

Thanks [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION], @Mazaj, [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], [MENTION=1593]Melfi[/MENTION], @Hocky, [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] and other fellow members for the wonderful drive.
bijubs

[MENTION=10312]azma[/MENTION] by reading i can feel a difference in trip narration, well written , [MENTION=8920]Arun Pandyat[/MENTION] i miss you all in this grate event !!

hopefully there is a "next change" to enjoy with club.