Summer preening drive for club members

Muhittin

Thank you every one for this nice cool drive, hope to see you again in other drives. Thank you Rasheed and thank you Abu Salem.

Photos link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 693&type=3

video link:

http://youtu.be/lMb5W8ojiGE
nilrawal

It was amazing, loosing pre-assumed 'fear' and learning the 'real off roading' with the most dedicated group of marshals & members of UAE.

There were many 'first time experiences' for me- starting from deflating tires, the basic theory of desert driving, climbing dunes, downward slide using gravity, crescenting, radio communication and especially 'flooring' the engine !! We started at 07.15 AM from the meeting point on Maliha road and took the direction towards 'Fossil Rock' through the desert.

After crisscrossing many dunes, we reached the ridge of the 'Fossil Rock'. The downward journey was most amazing feel of gravity !!

The team and team work are remarkable to boost confidence of any new hobbyist who generally comes with interest but with inner doubts & fear of unknown.

I have captured few videos and shall resize and upload soon.

Now, looking forward to a newbie drive soon.

Thanks,

Nilesh
055-3454943
Aeyaz

This was an amazing drive through the desert. Especially when you are a newbie and has no clue about how the desert drive is done. Learned so much. Mostly importantly the fear that i had in mind "if you step into desert with car, u get stuck" has gone. Also fortunately never got stuck and got through all the crucial points first try itself. Thanks everyone who made this possible. Really looking forward for future drives.
Rehan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good points.
The trip started at the promised time of 07:00.Time management was excellent and the drive also ended by the planned time of 11:30.
Introduction by Al Shamsi on convoy practices and sand driving was great.
I was in the convoy lead by [MENTION=9837]rashid[/MENTION] and 2nd lead by Singh. A smooth gentle drive.
Weather was great for a couple of hours in the beginning. After 09:00 it started to get too hot to be outside the car.
There is a chance to explain what caused a stuck to all participants. Learning by seeing live examples is always good.

Looking forward to newbie drive soon.
Thanks,
Rehan
fadi
Intermediate
Intermediate

After meeting and chatting at the petrol station we started to form the convoy, thats when I got impressed about the teamplay of the fellow Almosters , its like watching a commandos team in a movie doing a mission, just a small example below.

Mazaaj on the radio: “we should be 24 cars please check” Hockey was already counting the convoy passing sideways and after 5 Seconds, Hockey: “check, convoy complete” really wow guys, very well organized and great sense for teamwork.

Then we came to the start point and I want to thank Abu Salem for the 1-0-1 class, finally I came to attend it in person after watching all the online videos for the last 3 month waiting for a CM Drive :on fire: I hope to attend it again soon with me in the rescue team :grin: … By the way we should do a checklist for you Abu Salem.

After deflating I was happy to be the last car in our convoy so I can get comments about my driving to improve myself, but there was a car without flag so I got shifted ahead, safety first.
AT the drive a car switched drivers, surely this was noticed immediately and actions took place.

During the drive Abu Tarek was always present standing next to his Rocket :ninja: and at our side to insure our safety and for instructions.

At the drive I personally wished more trust in the newbies but the drop off Fossil Rock was a nice satisfaction and a brilliant way to finish the drive with a climax.

I hope for regular available drives every week

See below a screenshot of the path...See you in the sand soon :038:

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2423&stc=1[/IMG]
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everyone,

Once again welcome to the club.

It was a nice experience. I went back to the days I joined to the club .I remembered the excitement, curiosity and fun I felt in the very first days. It was not that long but I noticed how much we have learned . How many new nice people joined to my life in this short period of time.

Almost4x4 is a great family and it is not just about driving on sand. It is more about people.That makes all those journeys worth taking.

Thanks marshals for the opportunity to join this drive. Everything was great as usual.

For the new members I suggest, take your time, be patient and enjoy the journey ahead.

Thanks to all participated

Best Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
admin

[quote=Mazaaj]Dear Admin,

Below are the names of the club members who did the first drive and the comments of their tools:

1. jpsingh: DONE.
  2. Rehan: DONE.
  3. Hatem: DONE.
  4. Azma: Jack and board are missing.
  5. von_hallon: DONE.
  6. Louai: DONE.
  7. Fadi: DONE.
  8. nilrawal: DONE.
Aeyaz , ajith and hoorani did not approach Marshals to check their tools although I informed them before reaching the end point to approach me but only Fadi came to me.[/quote]

Congratulations for our members who got the FIRST STAR :star: .... Whoever is having DONE next to his/her name means that is gone for the next level ..... All the best
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratualtions to all the New Stars....:thumbsup:..... and Welcome to Almost Family.....:have a nice day:.

All the best....
azma

Hi everyone,

Dear Mazaaj & Admin, regarding the Jack & Jacking board, I didn't want to buy from other shops because I didn't know what to buy exactly, so I called ALMOST4x4 shop one day before the trip but unfortunately and as I heard they had some issues with electricity so they couldn't answer, I know this is not an excuse but as I mentioned above, I am new to the off road experience and didn't want to waste my money on some useless brand, that's why I waited for ALMOST4x4 shop.
All the other tools were there (I even had backup for the air compressor), would you consider this as compensation for the missing Jack :grin:.
One more thing, I trust my second family that they won't let me down so what's the need for the jack if you are there to support and assist.
Buy the way I am selling my car (the grand cherokee) to buy a real off road one, see how I am dedicated to the club :thumbsup:.

:TT TT::TT TT::TT TT::TT TT:I want my STAR so I can join the next newbie trip[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/smil ... T%20TT.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/smil ... T%20TT.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/smil ... T%20TT.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/smil ... T%20TT.png[/IMG]

The call is yours and I will be happy with it, whatever it was.

AZMA