Jazz

orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Middle of the week the newbie 5-to-10 trip was announced. As a newbie 20+ I put my name in a maybe list without too much hope as I know that Yoghybear (the organizing marshall) is very strict when it comes to convoy size. As the week progressed I started to view my chances more positively because al_shamsi was also amongst the marshalls which in the past resulted in additional convoys and also that main convoy was not filling up too fast. So it was good of me not to make any arrangements for Thursday night and Friday. By logging on to the trip on Thursday afternoon I noticed that the second convoy was opened … and what a convoy it was! Just 5 cars (eventually became 4) with Bu Salem as the lone Marshall. At that time I thought that the more appropriate name would be rock-n-roll instead of JAZZ chosen by Yoghy for the trip. The meeting point was at Sweyhan. After the Yoghybear has left with his convoy four of us had a briefing and coffee refill.

I tell you in my more than 20 drives with Almost nothing could beat this trip in terms of learning. We came across all possible types of dunes in almost pristine terrain, with each situation carefully explained by Bu Salem. As a small convoy we could observe each other. First I did a rescue to KIMOz, than Mohammad rescued margarita, than KIMOz returned me a favor. And while it may read that we had quite some recovery action, but it was not… no pop-out, very few second tries – not bad at all on a journey of three hours with very few stops. At one point it became a “catch me if you can” event. At one point I realized that I had almost 13 PSI and stopped to deflate. Bu Salem went ahead with 2 other cars and thanks to KIMOz for waiting for me. Those 5-10 minutes when I “confidently” led our mini convoy of 2 cars to catch up with the group was another highlight. I do not know whether it was intentional or not, but it was very good exercise.

Towards the end we merged with Yoghy’s convoy when anitosh was undergoing crest recovery by Agalon. Unfortunately this turned a bit ugly for both cars after which all we had to do was to drive straight to the exit which was very near.

Thanks to all and keep safe.
bijubs

As need to drive long to reach to start point .. i had given the jeep to my daughter to reach at start point by the time i had arranged the jeep for drive , on the way i saw @margarita , crossed us before 75kms on Dubai Al Ain Raod, and reached 15 min late .. by 8.00 am sorry for that.

Jazz converted to rock and roll - a best observation by @oriantsev ..

first of all sorry to know @Daggerfall has to leave the convoy while his vehicle shows some issue on engine.

Most awaited new bee drive for me since our annual day drive thanks for @Yoghybear organising a rock n roll drive yesterday , i driven with my daughter and son this time and i was a self made second lead as i was driving and stopped my car behind @Yoghybear, and i had stay in second lead till i stuck a soft side crest - thanks for all team to recover me by giving extra wight to balance and shawling bottom, i had over drive around 1 mtr up of dunes and resulted by a stuck, further i was behind @Alyasi as a second lead .. good experience with small technical dunes , side crest , over crest and cross over crest etc.. enjoyed the 3 and half hrs.. also lean a lot with a stuck too.

i got a special name with a comment by @alshamsi_m .. which is makes brotherly feel again to second this second family .. all the best almost4x4..

Thanks member @Daggerfall, @Alyasi , @Sambhu, @anvi,@anitosh9 , @Main.Ji, @desert_jellyfish for being safe driver for this trip.

Have a grate week days ahead to all enjoy your job till next week end drive ..
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi everyone

It is been around 5 years since I have driven this terrian . Generally in UAE desert you should keep your tracks or Waypoints updated because of the rapid development or the closing more and more of the desert. When [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] mentioned this area I was happy to go and do the update on the other hand I was thinking of our OLDbies who neither newbies nor intermediate so it was a good chance to give more concentrated exercise.

The sand was so soft with medium size dunes that gave us nice drive all the way. I caught up with Yoghy ' s track and I could see from the lines that they had a blast too.

All in all it was a very nice day except for the small incident but we all know that it is part of the game.

Drive safely and see you soon in the sand

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Almosters!

There was a beautiful weather yesterday morning after that crazy sand storm :)

We met with dear Almosters at the Sweihan petrol station and did some chat with friends before the drive.Then @Yoghybear took the lead and the fun began :grin:

This was my second drive which lead by Yogybear. Every marshal has a different style and this is a very good opportunity to learn different skills and I really enjoyed the ride.

Especially when I see @bijubs flying over the very first dune I said to my self " This is going to be fun!!"

Unfortunately this was a short drive for me due to some technical problems in my car came out after a hard landing and I had to leave.

Thanks to Yoghybear he lead me to the closest road and they continue the drive.

During that short time I managed to capture some nice moments but I have to agree with others that this was more like a "rock and roll" than Jazz:grin:

Thanks to all members and Marshalls made this possible.

Video Links:

[video=dailymotion;x2lqxs5][/video]

[video=vimeo;124110669][/video]

Best Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
bijubs

[MENTION=9783]Daggerfall[/MENTION] thanks for video ..
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=bijubs;41937]@Daggerfall thanks for video ..[/quote]

You are welcome :grin:
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
desert_jellyfish

I loved this trip! It's been a while since I joined the family for a drive and this was a nice way to come back to.....we started off at the Sweihan ADNOC station and from there got split into 2 convoys

1) JAZZ with @Yoghybear as lead @momo as rescue and @Agalon as sweeper
2) JAZZ VIP with @alshamsi_m as lead......that's it!!

so you can imagine the training convoy 2 had....but we (convoy 1 members) can't say that we did not get training! we actually got great training because as yoghybear said - the smaller the convoy the more we learn and this time i think he was happy with only 8 cars :p also we witnessed a minor mistake that could have turned the whole day into major ugly - but with the supervision of [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] and under his instructions, the car safely recovered.

It was a good drive with nice side cresting and rollercoaster movements from dune to dune! unfortunately, our buddy @Daggerfall had to leave before the end as his engine light came on....I hope it wasn't too serious my friend!

Also we had a slight mis-hap towards the end but thankfully no one was hurt - so it's alright (as long as we learn). Also the way the marshals handled it quickly and smoothly shows the greatness of this club!

I look forward to the next meeting with this beloved family...
anitosh9

Good Morning Friends,
This trip "JAZZ" was really a technically learning trip in the desert, similar to the notes of Jazz music.......Small and Medium dunes twisting and turning, with quiet lot of cross cresting and side cresting. As our Marshalls always educate us, to know our 4x4 well by using the correct driving tech with right RPM and momentum, this trip was to implement those lessons. I did few 2nd attempts with self-recovery and had 3 crest stucks, with the 3rd one being ugly.
Thank you Yoghy Bear, Bu Salem, Agalon & Momo for bearing with me during this trip.

Sorry Agalon for the accident we had, though you encouraged saying incidents do happen. But this taught me to be further more cautious in communications. I wish your FJ recovers speedily to hit the sand safely very soon.

Bu Salem, thank you so very much for helping us to complete the cops formalities. As I always say "Hats Off" to you :045:

My truck is in the hospital & the doctors are treating it. And i'm driving a 1.8L family sedan presently :TT TT:. What a irony.....

Take care friends and be safe,
Anitosh
Ford F150 Green Gem (i'll start calling it HULK)