Advance

off to bed,
but in short, Bu Salim you killed it.

all the friends left early you have no idea what you missed
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

wowwww......what a trip!!!!
Even if I was not driving (...yesterday I realized how much I miss my car) it was a stunning drive.
Thanks to everybody for the good time.
special thanks to Fida for the lamb chops, amazing as usual :059:
thanks to Elena for the morning Nutella....is not part of my diet but I like it......:022:
thanks to Strawb and Armin for waiting us and drive together on Thursday night
a BIG thanks to Armin for reversing on the highway and drive back looking for us....when I saw the light of your car I thought.....who can be so crazy:028: ....you have a BIG heart buddy, thanks a lot!!!!
Last but not least a very big thanks to BU SALEM, great leading as usual, Liwa has no secret for you....time to plan next one :030:
See you soon in the sand.
Yoghy

PS: of course thanks to my pilot, boy you rock!!!:008:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello All

I was craving for Liwa for quite some time now but never had the time. The night was so perfect, it was dark with the nice roof of stars. Thanks Fida for the lamp chops, my stomach will be busy for a while to digest it:) .

We started the morning session with nice ,easy crusing around Qaser Al Sarab at 12 pm we went for prayer and lunch. The original plan was to drive around Hameem and no crazy stuff . By lunch time I came to the restaurant and said " let us drive to Mureeb from Hameem " what do you guess? Of Course, our crazy advance members said " YES ".

People drive to the famous Mureeb dune wich is around 648 ft. hight, well we did another big boy which is 750 ft. Hight. Another off road record by driving from Hameem to Liwa in less than 5 hours, another record was driving all this track with ZERO STUCK or POP OUT " proud of you guys ".

Reached home around 12 am with tired body but with a happy spirit. Get ready for the " Cross Country Survival " which will be from Liwa to RAK.
Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Zorro
Advance
Advance

What an incredible drive it was!

Joined thursday camp late, but right in time for lamb chops! :-D .....pheww, i though we would miss them. Great as always! Thanks Fida!!!

There is soo much to say about the drive that i don't know what to say! in the morning i think we drove about 50Km around Qasr Al Sarab, which compared to the afternoon was just a warm up! As Armin said, whoever left, missed a loot!!

The afternoon session of craziness started again from Hameem and ended up somewhere at a petrol station, where i don't know but far from where we started! almost used a full tank of fuel in just 1 afternoon, that gives you an idea of what we were doing.

I regret not bringing both my camera and go pro :-( Waiting to see Fida's video and Rashid's photos!

Thanks Bu Salem for the drive! i don't want to sound like i'm sugar coating it but it was really really great!

Thanks all for the great company, it's been a good weekend.

Yes Thanks Armin for driving back on the wrong direction on the highway looking for us!

Good to see you Googloid!

See u all soon
Raf
elena

Hello dear almosters,

I was honored with a chance to be a member of Bu Salem-Megatron team, and I have no words to say how amazing it was! Starting with a camp, where stars shine as diamonds. Everybody gathered around the bonfire where I just couldn’t take my eyes from the sky. Silently hid myself behind the tent for few minutes and wanted to hug that beautiful shining view! That was SO amazing! The bonfire team enjoyed the food, and myself and [MENTION=9136]margarita[/MENTION] were loyal to our baked potatoes. This time I brought just a few, as hardly anyone else was interested.. (Of course, it is always hard to compete with lamb chops!:TT TT: )

@ALKHATIB’s birthday hit on midnight, and suddenly a birthday cake appeared from nowhere! So everybody had a chance to have a piece of chocolate pleasure!

Night was amazing.. Cool, calm and peaceful. Waking up just few moments before the sunrise and watch the shining ball rising over the dunes is another breathtaking moment. Good and healthy breakfast, thank you [MENTION=1687]Arminjune[/MENTION] for egg sandwich! And, hey, [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION], by the way, I didn’t try to bribe you with Nutella.. (:nom nom:)

And then comes THE drive! I feel sorry for Megatron, because he cannot write the trip report, but he shared with me his thoughts. (Shh!), secretly but honestly speaking, Megatron was built as a space ship by one famous Nissan Japanese manufacturer. When he arrived to UAE, he understood all the “beauty” of the malls and high ways. But his heart was craving for adventures! He felt sad when his “colleagues” in the showroom were bought for city driving and mall crawling. Megatron was saying “Naa, I want to see the world, I need action!” And at this very moment he saw [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] (successful graduate of Superhero school), and started to shine as a coin, his heart was singing “choose me choose me!” So you all know “happily ever after” story.

Megatron was enjoying Liwa, climbing bravely over and coming down from the HIGH (!) drops. And whoever does not believe, the sand can sing (!). That’s absolutely true! And how many different techniques and tricks you, guys, are using in order NOT to be caught by the sand, soft as powder. I am hesitating between 2 questions: either “how you do it” or “why you do it”. But more and more I am catching myself on the first one.

So from sunrise to sunset all in all that was a successful day, seeing everyone’s happy exhausted faces.. What a pleasure!

Thank you once again everyone!

Cheers,

elena

P.S. The funny thing that came up to my mind just now.. I am working for the company called “Arabian Adventures”.. But I would say that the real Arabian Adventures are only with you, guys! Thank you, almost4x4!
Duli

[quote=elena;38928]

P.S. The funny thing that came up to my mind just now.. I am working for the company called “Arabian Adventures”.. But I would say that the real Arabian Adventures are only with you, guys! Thank you, almost4x4![/quote]

Hi Elena,

Completely agree with this sentence of yours... and this is what I always think when I'm at work... U know... the same company as u :005:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=elena;38928]Hello dear almosters,

I was honored with a chance to be a member of Bu Salem-Megatron team, and I have no words to say how amazing it was! Starting with a camp, where stars shine as diamonds. Everybody gathered around the bonfire where I just couldn’t take my eyes from the sky. Silently hid myself behind the tent for few minutes and wanted to hug that beautiful shining view! That was SO amazing! The bonfire team enjoyed the food, and myself and @margarita were loyal to our baked potatoes. This time I brought just a few, as hardly anyone else was interested.. (Of course, it is always hard to compete with lamb chops!:TT TT: )

@ALKHATIB’s birthday hit on midnight, and suddenly a birthday cake appeared from nowhere! So everybody had a chance to have a piece of chocolate pleasure!

Night was amazing.. Cool, calm and peaceful. Waking up just few moments before the sunrise and watch the shining ball rising over the dunes is another breathtaking moment. Good and healthy breakfast, thank you @Arminjune for egg sandwich! And, hey, @Yoghybear, by the way, I didn’t try to bribe you with Nutella.. (:nom nom:)

And then comes THE drive! I feel sorry for Megatron, because he cannot write the trip report, but he shared with me his thoughts. (Shh!), secretly but honestly speaking, Megatron was built as a space ship by one famous Nissan Japanese manufacturer. When he arrived to UAE, he understood all the “beauty” of the malls and high ways. But his heart was craving for adventures! He felt sad when his “colleagues” in the showroom were bought for city driving and mall crawling. Megatron was saying “Naa, I want to see the world, I need action!” And at this very moment he saw @alshamsi_m (successful graduate of Superhero school), and started to shine as a coin, his heart was singing “choose me choose me!” So you all know “happily ever after” story.

Megatron was enjoying Liwa, climbing bravely over and coming down from the HIGH (!) drops. And whoever does not believe, the sand can sing (!). That’s absolutely true! And how many different techniques and tricks you, guys, are using in order NOT to be caught by the sand, soft as powder. I am hesitating between 2 questions: either “how you do it” or “why you do it”. But more and more I am catching myself on the first one.

So from sunrise to sunset all in all that was a successful day, seeing everyone’s happy exhausted faces.. What a pleasure!

Thank you once again everyone!

Cheers,

elena

P.S. The funny thing that came up to my mind just now.. I am working for the company called “Arabian Adventures”.. But I would say that the real Arabian Adventures are only with you, guys! Thank you, almost4x4![/quote]
You should take up story telling Cuz the way ur describing it is so good ! Especially the megatron part
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awesome weekend!

Liwa was majestic as always and Bu Salem did a fantastic job of showing us the way!

Thanks to everyone for the great company! You all did a great job!
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

ok, finally free to post.

Thanks to @strawb, @Yoghybear for letting me join there convoy to camp. I managed to get only one speeding ticket.

Lucky us even though we arrived at camp late midnight, the Lamp chops and burgers were still serving hot. thanks to @fida and @delta83.
such a great night with lots of laughter

Sleeping time: while @strawb was guarding the fire. I decided not to camp too far too, but enough distance that I wont hear anyone's musical instrument. right before I close my eyes, I hear "vroom vroom, ta ta ta, psssss, ghghghghgh" I look out of my tint, I see two marshals are guarding my tint. like 20cm away, got me thinking, they either have a plan for me at night or they want to keep me safe for the plan they have for me at drive. anyway, I kept one eye open :P but lucky me, I never felt safe in desert before in my life. no need to mention who it was in the white JK and black unlimited :P

Morning: I cant believe only @elena talked about my eggs. who ever tried them I hope you enjoyed it, thanks to sheff
@Yoghybear. I learnt a big lesson from him, If I want to learn how to cook properly in desert, I need to join the army.

before I go on about the drive, just have to say, we had two of the coolest girls in our drive,
@elena and @margarita. they are so funny and full of joy.

The Drive: Started with @alshamsi_m leading @ALKHATIB second lead, and I think @strawb Sweeping. like I said before, @alshamsi_m you killed it. and being behind @ALKHATIB I sow how he kept us safe. liwa is not a joke. it is fun, but its not a joke, I sow if he didn't control us, and like newbies if we all went in same bawl, only helicopter can save us.

First half we had one Japanese car started losing power, Thanks to @zico, @delta83 @Rashidjass and others they managed to get its power back. This was one of the first times I could see all the JK owners felt like JK owners.

Launch time: we ate

Second half: no time to wast, no rest, that's what I loved about this drive, we went straight to business, and I noticed first half @alshamsi_m was just worming us up for what was about to come. and oh boy, big dunes small dunes, dunes that you have no idea where it will lead you, but you know it will not be easy. fast tracks, no tracks. white smoking sand, no smoking sand. just WOW
no popies, no stuckies, few second tries, and believe me, if you don't do second try in Liwa, you should know you did a club members drive. like I said Liwa is fun but no Joke.

Finish Line: at gas station, I sow @alshamsi_m doing car wash, so I thought to join his car for small conversation before his turn comes, all of sudden I see windows lucked door lucked, I'm in the wash. and @elena is outside I could see her jumping up and down and looked like she was screaming, but I told my self shes in singing mode. I didn't know her fav part of Liwa was the car wash drive :P

I come out, and I see @Zorro is still waiting for me to drive back, and oh boy I needed that, we were all soo tiered that it was not safe to drive alone.

The topping of the ice cream: one of the elements of joy in this drive was @googloid and his friend, I'm telling you, everyone was so happy so exited.

Thanks to @Rashidjass and his friend, without them we would have not shared the memories with his photos. ok you too @fida

oh boy, this would be one of the most memorable drives. Thank you big time @alshamsi_m @strawb @Yoghybear @Rashidjass @ALKHATIB @zico for this event and for the support in everything.
thanks @delta83 @fida @Zorro @googloid @elena @margarita for making this event fun and
adventures.
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a trip indeed... imagine not seeing the sand for months and just jumping into Liwa...

The drive was fantastic... the only thing that even bettered that was seeing my long lost Almost brothers. In true fashion as always they received us with ever open arms...

Arrived the meeting point on time just to find out it was the wrong one - eventually we got Al Khatib on the phone who directed us to the right spot. On arriving and seeing all the folks assembled with flags up and tires deflated my adrenalin started flowing... secretly I was wondering to myself "what have I got myself into". In no time I was set and ready to rumble... seeing Bu Salem as lead and Khatib as second lead gave me an indication of what to expect - but still I was pleasantly surprised at what Bu Salem had planned for us. Seeing those red dunes - as another super marshal once said - "sand started flowing in my veins" all over again...

Lunch was fantastic - thanks Arminjune - had so much to eat that I had trouble eating at a dinner appointment I had later that evening :)... And then the afternoon drive - thinking I had seen it all in the morning - the afternoon drive made the earlier drive look like child's play. Second lead to Bu Salem isn't easy stuff and surely soon he did put me to the test... failed at first but eventually made it thanks to the rest of the team :))...

Unfortunately, I had to leave before the afternoon drive was over and from what I see it appears I missed a lot of action :(... There are no words to describe the kind of brotherhood and companionship Almost affords its members... I have missed the group so much, it was almost 2.5 years since I drove with the group, but when we met it was like not even a day had passed since we last met - this is what I call true friendship... one for all, all for one!!!

Many thanks to all that received us well, Bu Salem the gadget man, ask for anything and he has it... new flag - check, cable ties to secure it - check, I even needed help installing the flag - check Bu Salem was on the ready for even that:)... Wonderful drive wonderful leadership... no amount of Shukrans will do... but anyway SHUKRAN!

Thanks Rashid/Yogy for the tire deflator assistance (I need to change mine - yours were so much more accurate)...
Thanks to Armin (the "chairman") for the sumptuous lunch and wonderful Watermelon (after drive dessert)... I can still feel the rich taste...
Many thanks to AlKhatib, whom without I would have missed the drive completely... Keep that cell phone always on:))
Many thanks Abu Tariq... was lovely seeing you again brother...
Elena and Margarita - first time meeting you - it was indeed a pleasure. Elena - wonderful radio coms skills... thanks for the 'hold on's an 'all clear' to proceed messages.
Fida - first time meeting as well... many thanks and next time leave you radio on to get recovery instructions from Strawb :))))... we had a good laugh on that one... "so sorry but I missed all you said cos my radio was off"
Delta - was good to see you - many more trips together isA
Strawb - fantastic job sweeping and making sure all the "ducklings" were in line and together with the mother ship
Zorro - so much progress in such little time - the last time I drove with you, you were just a passenger... Well done - super excellent progress.... Looking forward to seeing you in Perth, promise to show you the biggest dunes down under (nothing compared to Liwa though)...
Sorry if I missed anyone it wasn't because of lack of contribution but my sorry memory that fails me...

Many thanks all... Almost will always reign supreme!