S+T+S (again)

fida
Advance
Advance

Just a master class from a Legendry Marshal Youghybear.
Imran has just finished video. Enjoy[video=youtube_share;ejtgQR9iA1o][/video]
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a great morning, very nice weather and amazing people, it was also a pleasure meeting Yanka after so long time.

My special thanks goes to:
- @fida for being my second lead, it is always a pleasure driving with you man!
- [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] for your endless support and availability, thanks bro!
- @Rashidjass for being the Guardian Angel, in particular for Yanka, well done!
- @Zorro for being the sweeper and rescue boy, good job!

Thanks to all once more, hope to see you soon in the sand.
Take care
Yoghy

PS: @fida do you have by chance the video of my ..... "contact" ?
@imran, good job, keep it up, one day you will swap the place with your Dad :011:
fida
Advance
Advance

Thanks Yoghy. Last 40 mnts of drive was not recorded due to battery.
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

What an amazing and challenging drive this was for both me and the car.
Jumping in the Xterra this morning I was convinced that there something wrong with the car’s engine - however I realised that it was nothing more than ‘withdrawal symptoms’ having been dashing around with a 6 Litre V12 for too long !

Meeting at Iftar bowl we then drove Solo and by GPS to Super Bowl, and my reaction to having to decide the route myself was to become a little over-cautious. I’m sure it’s something that only comes with practice.

We then headed off to Sony Ericsson and Area 53 for some really fun stuff, with lots of cresting, bowls , soft sand, plenty of second rounds( and sometimes more than one).
I struggled a bit at first, especially in the soft sand and tight turns and climbs. After reducing tyre pressure below my norm, concentrating much harder on what Fida and Yoghy were doing (and giving myself more distance), it all seemed to go much smoother.

Many thanks to the organisers and of course all the other participants.
Zorro
Advance
Advance

what a drive! probably one of the most interesting inrermediate drives yet.
the concept of the drive was to drive solo at rhe beginning to super bowl, then in convoy and back to solo for the last few kms (which unfortunately could bot be done). the first solo part consisted of driving 1.55km to super bowl, which may sound easy however it proved not so easy for everybody.
following that, we drove as convoy toward Sony Ericsson and back to Badayer through an awsome track of high dunes, soft sand and tricky ditches. as in my last trip report I would like just to mention a few points I noticed, as could ultimately be helpful for everyone:
- Radio communication, it's free unlike phones, dont be shy and use it when doing a second round or in troubles. so the leader can slow down and everybody behind know, avoiding unecessarily dangerous situations
- then when someone is having a second round, as marshals clearly explained, at this level you can "overtake", dont pile up all in the same spot and try to pass all at the same time crossing each other, its not a race :-P I know Almost leaders are fast, but they will NOT leave you behind!! so take it safely.

said that, thank you Yoghybear for an awsome trip, Fida (Imran) for the beautiful video, and everyone else for the great company!

see you all soooon!!
salhinai
Advance
Advance

Thanks to all marshals for such a nice trip and interesting track. Although the sand was really soft in some places that only made the drive more fun. Sorry to Yoghy for the mishap and hope all turns out well with you.
ladylienka
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear all, it was great to see you again! I want to thank you for warm welcome :have a nice day:

To Yoghybear: pleasure is on my side and many thanks for organizing trip & leading the convoy.
To Rashidjass: biiiiig thanks for being my guardian angel - without you I'll be in the desert until now:innocent:
And finaly - to Al Shamsi: huge thanks for letting me to drive small monsterito - MiniMe:yarr:

I have to say this (sorry Capri :secret laugh:):
Feels like I came back home to my family! It is fantastic to be together with you on the sand after soooo long time!