Sand & Sun

GeeZee
Club Member
Club Member

First of all I want to thank everyone for a very nice event.Thanks to [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] for the comprehensive introduction and briefing, I went on a couple of trips with friends before but all the tips they gave me are nothing compared to Shamsi’s tips.
Thanks to [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] for leading a very nice and trip, I was the second car behind him (the black Touareg) and was wondering about his spare tire that looked blown out, now I know:003:. Thanks to [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] for taking care of us and the support when I got stuck on the crest of one dune.
The drive was quite relaxed and what I expected it to be in terms of driving but that didn’t mean we didn’t have some spectacular scenery specially around Fossil rock..
It was nice to catch up with everyone on our last stop, now I know I should've stayed longer for the chitchat [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] is talking about.. All in all :like:, I am really looking forward the next drive and now I am targeting some friends to bring them along to the club:thumbsup:

Here's the trip track:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2067[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
habib
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=Mazaaj;38192]
The trip start for me wasn't that good as one my tires blowout on Dubai Bypass Road just before Kalba Road Exit around 3 pm. Thanks @strawb @Yoghybear and [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] for helping me out. We reached the petrol station around 3:30 pm and everyone were on time and Alshamsi was waiting for us with the rest of the members. With the new faces I saw and the smiles on everyone faces..I totally forgot what happened to me.

We took the attendance and left the petrol station to the deflating point. Bu Salim did an excellent briefing as usual for the Club Members and everyone were so excited for it. Once Bu Salim finished the briefing he did another one for the intermediates for the rescue tips.

We did 2 convoys one led by me and [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] as a sweeper with the help of [MENTION=8514]Oxana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2551]ginger[/MENTION] and the other convoy led by [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] as sweeper with the help of [MENTION=8637]Bambam[/MENTION] and @FrancisJK. We had like 1 hour and 30 mins before the sunset so I tried my best to be in the meeting point on time and we did it. The drivers did an excellent job in the drive.

Thanks again for the participating in this trip and I hope the drive reached your expectation or at least close it, special thanks to the Marshals and rescue team.

See you soon in the sand.[/quote]

I was with your convoy.I liked the sharjah desert.I felt safe as [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] was sweeping our convoy.I was most of the time watching him as he driving throw the dunes✌.I liked his driving, hope one day I'll be as good as him . Cheers.
Bambam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Nice drive around fossilrock - i was in yoghybears convoy with bu salem and francis and had the honor of sweeping. ( thank you bu salem for your trust) And special thanks to the 4door Raptor for getting crested so my little 2door Pajero had the chance to show that nothing is impossible and rescued him after the second try (of course under bu salems supervision). Next on my bucket list is tornado... But then my 2dr will really become a 4dr... :killzonesmiley:
mianjee
Club Member
Club Member

Trip was really nice. I have learned a lot and enjoyed a lot as well.. I hope we will be having more trips like this one in feature. .. waiting..... desperately. . :yarr:
shbatat

Excellent drive and wonderful people... I'll join your next activity.
When will you upgrade club members??
habib
Club Member
Club Member

Am planing to get all the equipment needed to get my first star, so I can enjoy more ride &more fun.I would like to thank (Jihad - a guy with a jeep wrangler & a lot of experience) for his value information.Thanx bro. (Ala Raasi)
habib
Club Member
Club Member

Sabah al khair. Am planing to get all the tools that you told me.thanx👍
GeeZee
Club Member
Club Member

Good morning, here's a video I made from the footage my friend who was riding with me took, cheers

[video=youtube;tzWxbTdVBp0][/video]
zeemmee

[quote=MOMO;38205]I still remember my first drive with almost4x4. It was in march, and called "Desert First Contact" with Yoghybear and M Al Shamsi. At that time all my attention was focused on the driving techniques. When I heared about this trip I thought, It is the occasion to add some club members trip pictures to our club. And the idea was approved from Abu Salem and I joined him as photographer passenger. I will not tell more, here you can see the pictures and I hope you will like them: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b877f4babbThanks to Mazaaj who provided me some pictures which are added to the album[/quote]SUPER LIKE :like:
habboub
Club Member
Club Member

Nice Video. well done. :Psmiley: