Sweihan Fast Pack

Zorro
Advance
Advance

For once i'll be the first one to write the trip report.
This has been a really interesting drive from many prospective. The meeting point was not one of the usual one, and the track was on mix terrains. i didn't have a good start as i almost missed the entry gate, the point i marked on my GPS was in saudi and i was running late :010::010: but still made after all.
Anyway!....as in the last intermediate trip, the terrain was mixed between sabka, small "egg basket" dunes and the nice big Swehian bowls. The we weather is getting better and better, and around sunset time the temperature was really really good. The drive went on after sunset and we had a bit of night drive through high dunes:004: :004: Bu Salem we need more of that please!!!

There is only one thing i would like to point out that i could see from the back of the convoy. Drivers in certain situations were not keeping the the appropriate distances up front, and in some situations i could see some struggling just for that...Keep distances guys!!:015:

With that said, it was an awesome drive, thanks Bu salem! a new interesting track added to my library on BaseCamp

See u all next week!!
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

For once i'll be the the second one posting.

I have to say hats off to @alshamsi_m in Arabic we say (ma gassar) some one translate please. he did a bit of everything and did not disappoint.
Yes some might say it was not fast enough, but the fact that we kept hearing once in a while that there is a gap, or stucks. it shows it was faster for its level. I did notice almost everyone struggled making it some places. beauty of Almost marshals they watch everyone and balance the trip to satisfy everyone. And most important, bringing back everyone home safe.

and its always appreciated that the Marshals guide us when we make mistakes, and help us prevent bigger damage. remember this, end of the day its us member are probably going to lose something if we don't listen. not the marshals.

I had struggled keeping distance, for that I apologize, specially to @Green Giant I remember once I had to reverse down because I had to stop going upwards and then I sow its traffic on top.

I have to say, my fav part of the trip was the night drive. to be honest, I was complaining that we will miss all the big dunes because of sun fall. but some how bu Salim made it so much fun.

Thanks to @Melfi for not sleeping the whole trip
Thanks to @
Rashidjass for second lead.
Thanks to @Bambam for not showing up. we missed you
Thanks to @ginger for the Awesome Orange
Thanks to @Green Giant for keeping me safe
Thanks to @Oxana for driving like a pro in front of me, made my track easier
Thanks to @Sacha not sure for what, but I will come up for something soon :P
Thanks to @delta83 for Sand shower, you will be targeted in next trip
Thanks to @Hockey for not over heating :P
Thanks to @Zorro for showing us you can drive even better when no marshal in with you in the car :P I know, he will kill me.

@alshamsi_m its your fault that we want more trips like this :D you got us too exited
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

Whenever I drive in Swiehan, I keep having these flashes at the back of my head. These flashes are the first drive I had with the Old School in our club. Sweihan captured my mind with the sharp dunes but AT NIGHT it is a different story.

I know that some of our members drive in Swiehan privately but I was sure that they never tried it at night so I wanted to surprise them with this amazing route.

Marshals worked hard to improve the night driving for our members specially in the month of Ramadan, So for whoever joined it was obvious how it helps to put you on the right track of this chapter. One important note I would like to mention in here that it was important to have OFFROAD LIGHTS because you never know when you will be caught in the dark.

Now let us go back to the drive itself. Firstly, I didn't give the coordinates of petrol station because you are not newbies anymore and meeting point could be somewhere you are not used too " No more spoon feeding ". Secondly , I was watching if you are going to come as individuals or as a group, Well done for whoever came alone. On the other hand, who came in group " Believe me, you are going to stay in this level for a long time ".

All in all, everyone did excellent drive specially the intermediates who drove in an area some people call " extreme ".

My reply " You don't want to try Almosters' extreme"

Till next time, drive safely please.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

This was a drive with an 'eclectic mix' of everything, from smooth fast Sabka to sharp crests, deep bowls, steep drops, day, dusk and night time driving, soft sand, safari style and technical - what a drive! I was to follow Armin in the convoy and Shamsi's instructions were to learn from the guy in front, and be his buddie. Armin is a hard act to follow, but I observed some of the techniques he used and I think I learnt a few new ones. From a personal perspective, I managed to stay out of trouble and lasted until literally the very last climb as we approached the Sweihan Road where I had to do a second round; lapse of concentration I think.

All in all a great drive, thanks Bu Salem for an awesome lead, Armin for being my Advanced Mentor, Rashid Jass for second lead, Fida for Sweep and everyone else for making the drive so enjoyable. For those guys without additional lights, I think you will agree that Sweihan Big Dunes at night is the point at which you decide you now need them. Looking forward to the next time. One sad note - I had some awesome video footage of the drive but have just lost all the clips - so no video this week unfortunately :oh noes: - Fida did you get some??
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Arminjune;37972]For once i'll be the the second one posting.

I have to say hats off to @alshamsi_m in Arabic we say (ma gassar) some one translate please. he did a bit of everything and did not disappoint.
Yes some might say it was not fast enough, but the fact that we kept hearing once in a while that there is a gap, or stucks. it shows it was faster for its level. I did notice almost everyone struggled making it some places. beauty of Almost marshals they watch everyone and balance the trip to satisfy everyone. And most important, bringing back everyone home safe.

and its always appreciated that the Marshals guide us when we make mistakes, and help us prevent bigger damage. remember this, end of the day its us member are probably going to lose something if we don't listen. not the marshals.

I had struggled keeping distance, for that I apologize, specially to @Green Giant I remember once I had to reverse down because I had to stop going upwards and then I sow its traffic on top.

I have to say, my fav part of the trip was the night drive. to be honest, I was complaining that we will miss all the big dunes because of sun fall. but some how bu Salim made it so much fun.

Thanks to @Melfi for not sleeping the whole trip
Thanks to @
Rashidjass for second lead.
Thanks to @Bambam for not showing up. we missed you
Thanks to @ginger for the Awesome Orange
Thanks to @Green Giant for keeping me safe
Thanks to @Oxana for driving like a pro in front of me, made my track easier
Thanks to @Sacha not sure for what, but I will come up for something soon :P
Thanks to @delta83 for Sand shower, you will be targeted in next trip
Thanks to @Hockey for not over heating :P
Thanks to @Zorro for showing us you can drive even better when no marshal in with you in the car :P I know, he will kill me.

@alshamsi_m its your fault that we want more trips like this :D you got us too exited[/quote]
Very nice report, I love it
:thumbsup:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;37973]Dear Members

Whenever I drive in Swiehan, I keep having these flashes at the back of my head. These flashes are the first drive I had with the Old School in our club. Sweihan captured my mind with the sharp dunes but AT NIGHT it is a different story.

I know that some of our members drive in Swiehan privately but I was sure that they never tried it at night so I wanted to surprise them with this amazing route.

Marshals worked hard to improve the night driving for our members specially in the month of Ramadan, So for whoever joined it was obvious how it helps to put you on the right track of this chapter. One important note I would like to mention in here that it was important to have OFFROAD LIGHTS because you never know when you will be caught in the dark.

Now let us go back to the drive itself. Firstly, I didn't give the coordinates of petrol station because you are not newbies anymore and meeting point could be somewhere you are not used too " No more spoon feeding ". Secondly , I was watching if you are going to come as individuals or as a group, Well done for whoever came alone. On the other hand, who came in group " Believe me, you are going to stay in this level for a long time ".

All in all, everyone did excellent drive specially the intermediates who drove in an area some people call " extreme ".

My reply " You don't want to try Almosters' extreme"

Till next time, drive safely please.

Best Regards[/quote]
Great job, especially to tease scared coming in groups
:killzonesmiley:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Green Giant;37974]... I managed to stay out of trouble and lasted until literally the very last climb as we approached the Sweihan Road where I had to do a second round; lapse of concentration I think....[/quote]
Distance?? To drive behind Armin is difficult sometimes... Anyway, nice report as well !
:thumbsup:
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

this is all I got :ninja:
This Video is not public, you can only see it here. or if you have the link

[video=youtube_share;OwWVjuiazVo][/video]

Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Armin - not seen much footage of me in the dunes - great job!! :grin:
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

An awesome drive, which really stretched and added to my experience. As others have said it couldn't have been a more varied drive, and Sweihan is just an incredible area to explore (more please!)
I have to get additional lights (running still on stock) as the last part of the drive had the added dimension of not being able to see where I was going! Adding tiredness to not -enough-lights meant a couple of 'lessons were learnt', and it's those split-second decisions that can so easily get you into trouble.
I really appreciate the combination of Intermediate and Advanced in this drive, as driving behind someone more experienced is the very best way to learn.
Many thanks indeed to all the organisers.