Desert Magic With Strawb & Yoghy and Advancers..

bijubs

Almosters always rock... with their discipline , it was a grate trip altogether as i am being newbees with one trip, enjoyed the trip with copy paste drive in same track of my front driver.. fj, in the very beginning i use to push more petrol than required , some time fly after a sharp dune but after few cruising corrected myself and try to be cool and enjoyed the drive, the sharp climb was scary before i start , but Jeep 3.6 pentastar with a proper momentum & 10 psi air pressure take me with out any trouble with lot of power balance , repeated bowl tackling gives us extra confidence to cross over the dunes, i was in radio drive first time with a proper convoy and gives extra safety and secure drive.. Thanks Strawb and yoghy for a wonderful evening.
Anvi

Enjoyed the drive and made new friends.
The track was well designed combining safety and fun.

Each Marshal, Intermediates and Advanced members ensured the convoy of 16 was always moving.

The excitement of the trip along with some clips was the chit chat topic with my family for hours.

Thanks Yoghybear for spotting me when I was in trouble and strawb for encouraging me for the second try.
Tony007

Had such a great time during the drive as this was my first drive as a newbie. I was a little skepticle about how my truck would handle the course! But to my surprise it handled better than I have expected!
Great discipline by the marshals, intermediates and advanced drivers they really kept the convoy moving and navigating the dunes at a constant pace and when someone needed help they handled the situation in a calm and safe manner! I really learned a lot learning how to cross over different types of dunes and driving the bowls! Almost 4x4 is awesome and I am glad I joined the Almost family! Thank you strawb and yoghy for the wonderful time and thank you to the intermediates and advanced drivers that joined to assist and making sure we all stayed together! Looking forward to the next drive for newbies -5
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

Meet up at Badayer Shops, I’m quite early and got there first (for the third time in the history). While deflating other fellow members arrived and did the same. Strawb gathered and briefed all the participants – straight forward, short and sweet. Me and my fellow Intermediate and Advance drivers was given a task to check the tools of the fresh Newbies before the drive. I checked few cars and glad that they are loaded with the required tools for the drive. Before hitting the sand Me and Sacha also given a task to do recovery – it’s a pleasure!

The fun led by Strawb and swept by Yoghybear (the convoy was like being chased by a big bear) and off to Pink Rock. “Smooth Criminal” is how I describe this drive. Smooth because of the great track, good pacing. Criminal because we have a couple of stuck and few second tries that means never underestimate or deceived by the nice and smooth formation of the sand, on my own opinion “I will read the sand rather than just looking at it, if you know what I mean. Awesome views on the resting points of the drive giving members a chance to get to know and interact to each other, taking photos to save the memories. Before the sun sets we all reach the end point with the smile in our faces, another fulfilled weekend.

Thanks to all the people involved. Keep driving and see you in the sand.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2025[/ATTACH]
anitosh9

Hello Almosters ,
I was waiting to drive with the family after a long break since start of Ramadan.......Thank you Strawb, Yoghy, Zorro, Sacha, Armin & Francis for the smooth drive on a good track. Got to meet new friends and yes two more trucks for company :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

At a crest I got stuck, my mistake & the mistake was I missed to recall the "Magical Words" of Yoghy FLOOR IT or that of Strawb STEP ON IT. But then it was all there,,,magic all around. Everyday is a new learning day.

Thank you guys and lets rock with the Almost 4x4 family.

Anitosh
Green F150.
Detox

Fantastic drive to return to after a long break..... The team were great, Thanks to Strawb, Yogi and Sacha who pulled me out after digging myself in big time!!!
The tools check was interesting... I ended up returning all my tools!!!! Getting better ones shortly....
Thanks for the advice guys...

Cheers,
Mo
Black Dodge Ram....
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Drivers,

Thank you for a wonderful weekend. Let me just point out a few things which i appreciated this weekend.

Drivers were listening to marshals instructions
Convoy discipline was very good from Newbies, Intermediates and Advanced drivers
We covered very good area in very good time
There was MORE driving and LESS stopping
We managed to stop in pink rock and big red for 15 minutes
Everyone was on time and we achieved the 330pm to 630pm event timings as planned

Since it was a mixture of very fresh newbies. The plan of inserting an intermediate/advanced driver every 3 cars worked out really well and we managed to keep everything intact the whole trip.

All in all id like to thank everyone who was with us this weekend for a very goob.

Cheers
Maddie

A very big thank you [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] abd [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for Being our Marshals at this throughly fantastic drive, my first after a long time off sand.
Also, thank you Intermediate and Advanced Driver in general and [MENTION=1687]Arminjune[/MENTION] especially for being around us at all times.

My fellow newbies, it was wonderful meeting a lot of new faces.

I started late at 14.20 from home and was afraid I'd miss the convoy, after all it was a very hot and windy day and no one would want to wait in such weather.
But I reached in time and deflated to 8psi.

Then the short and precise briefing by our Lead Explorer [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] (thank you for the sticker, my previous two were nicked off at Century Mall parking) and then a quick tool check by the Senior citizens (hahahahah).

Off we went in a disciplined convoy. Let me tell you the most enjoyable part, the sweep got lost (hehehehehe) so did one of the shepherds mind this flock of newbies.

All in all, a very enjoyable day with a couple of mild stucks and the convoy was smooth. climbed Pink Rock, had a small break and chitchat, the second below Big Red.
[MENTION=8601]FrancisJK[/MENTION] - Thanks Bro (You know for what :P )
Maddie

Lemme see if I remember the convoy
[MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] [MENTION=9041]Vivek[/MENTION] [MENTION=3837]Maddie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9188]Anvi[/MENTION]
@Anitosh [MENTION=9105]Tony007[/MENTION] [MENTION=8536]Sacha[/MENTION]
salhinai
Advance
Advance

Thanks to the marshals for a well selected nice root that helped in treating the sand bug. I was an enjoyable drive with very few interruptions. It was a nice close out for a good day.