More Sand

margarita

good day to everyone!
i loved this drive especially for being more challenging for me than my first drive in inicial dose.
i realized my difficulty and scare on doing right side dune turns and the tendancy to stop at the most crytical moment. so further i accelerated more on the similar slopes facing the fear.
my radio station went off power and my thanks to Bu Salem for giving me an extra one to continue the drive.
i was the third car in convoy and one moment lost sight of the cars ahead . i stopped climed on the car and wow i saw no live creatures around. the view was awesome. thanks Strawb , you came fast to save me from desert spirits and i rejoined the team.
looking looking forward to drive more challenge more learn more practice more meeting again in the sand.
R.
Duli

Thank you to Yoghy, Abu Jimmy, Bu Salem and all other Marshals for accepting me in the 5+ convoy.

It was my first drive in the 5+ category which was led by Yoghybear. For most of us in the 5+ convoy it was our first drive in this category.

After meeting and Bu Salem's briefing, we headed out in 3 convoys as mentioned in the previous posts.

5+ convoy stopped at their planned point and got ready for the tools inspection by Yoghy and Abu Jimmy. As the inspection was being done the convoy started getting ready for the drive by deflating and setting up the flags.

Everyone passed the tools inspection and were given their positions in the convoy. I was placed as the 4th car.

The drive was a fast paced one with a lot of cresting and side slopes. During the break while speaking to Yoghy he mentioned "This drive is nothing, wait for more" :zomg:

The sand was really soft at some parts and some parts it was hard. This really tested our capabilities.

We completed the drive and reached the Badayer shops.

Overall, everyone drove very well with no stucks or pop outs, only a few second rounds and we were clear.

No Stucks during the drive means this was 1 of the drives where even I didn't get bellied "Lol":you're kidding, rig

Once again thank you to Yoghy and Abu Jimmy for the amazing drive.

Looking forward to the next 5+ drives
salhinai
Advance
Advance

Thanks to all for yet another day to remember with ALMOST family.
We had great time in the third convoy led by Paul, Armin and the others. Track was nice with lots of nice side cresting.
vimal

Thanks for the Almost 4x4 club for organizing a fun 5+ drive. We were able to feel “we are getting in to next stage”

I was bit nervous due to 2 reasons
  • Our convey was lead by Yoghybear, he use to be jet fast (this has happened to me in CM drive on 31-Jan-14 in sharjah desert).
  • Then my front number plate (Last week only, I lost my number plate)
2 times I got stuck:
  • When Arun got stuck, we are forced to stop near pink rock, and then Abu Jimmy helped us to come out.
  • Second one was quite interesting & a lesson to me, I was trying to climb but my blacky (Xterra) was not climbing. Then Abu Jimmy asked to check the air pressure & it was 12psi at all tyres…, he made me to reduce the front tyre’s to 10psi & back to 8psi……. then it was a smooth climbing. Thanks Abu Jimmy for making me to understand the vehicle & tyre pressure
Really the drive was fantastic & enjoyed a lot…

Finally I have cleared both the nervous points…. Able to manage with Yoghy’s speed & number plate… he… he… Knowing our level, he might have driven very very slow… Is it right … Yoggy???
Eric Hummer
Intermediate
Intermediate

I hope everyone had a nice weekend..

This trip was a surprise gift from very generous Bu Salem... got my PM on Thursday stating that i will be on the 3rd convoy with Advance drivers (preasure build up:XD:) which will be Lead by Paul.

At 8 AM everyone gathered in the meeting point and had a little chit chat with some of the fellow members before the briefing. Bu Salem made his signature call (Whistle) and he started the roll call and brief everyone with their designation on the convoy.

We are the first to leave the meeting area and head inside Led by Paul, we started smoothly and as we go deep inside Paul started to speed up till we reach Pink Rock unfortunately one from our convoy had to leave due mechanical problem but the drive still continues. The drive was fast and challenging we slow down in some point as there is a gap behind us but only couple of times and everyone manage to close the gap as we speed thru dunes and side cresting.

Everyone did very well in this drive making this convoy pop out and stuck free, Thank you to Paul, Adnan, Suhail and other fellow members included in our convoy... well done:thumbsup:... See you all back in the sand soon...
Mark B
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Marshals and Volunteers for preparing, hosting and supervising this event. Without your sacrifice of time and petrol, people like myself will not get the opportunity to properly learn the skills you are teaching.
It was a large group this time and yet it seems everyone was accommodated by creating three groups. Shrawb was lead car in our group and as usual, beat a safe but exciting path through the dunes.

This trip introduced me to softer sand with a less stable driving surface. When out with friends (on those few weekends when I could not participate in an ALMOST trip) I would avoid lose sand like the plague. By the end of the trip my I have a new “soft sand” confidence. At first I was fighting the lose sand by using engine power. When Shamsi stopped the convoy to have us check tire pressure, he suggested 9 PSI. Wow, the difference was amazing. The Wrangler became much more stable and I no longer had to fight the sand with power.

Every trip out, with the Club, is a learning experience. Since moving to the UAE I have developed a love for the desert. You Marshals make it possible for people like me to enjoy the natural beauty of the desert. I find myself looking forward to returning to the sand, all week.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

[quote=Eric Hummer;35261] Thank you to Paul, Adnan, Suhail and other fellow members included in our convoy...[/quote]

ehm ehm

hellloooooooo, you want bathroom door next time or no?
Eric Hummer
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Arminjune;35307]ehm ehm

hellloooooooo, you want bathroom door next time or no?[/quote]

Hahahaha you really can't get over it...bring it just incase Lol...
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another great weekend with the club. We hit Nazwa Shops around 8am and Bu Salem gathered all the invited members. Drivers are divided in to 3 convoys to 5- & 5+ drives with the club & the Third Convoy composed of Advanced & Intermediate drivers where Myself, Drifter & Eric Hummer - Newbies have given a privilege to drive with the convoy led by Paul.

It was a fun & smooth drive with no stuck or pop-out along the way apart from Drifters car overheating (I hope your car get fixed soon buddy) unfortunately he has to leave the convoy. Off to Pink Rock and that area is always beautiful. Fast pacing, quite few side cresting, etc... overall it was all fun and adrenaline. I guess Third Convoy did very well. Everyone ends up in Badayer shops with a smile in the face.

Again thank you Bu Salem for this great great opportunity, to drive with the Intermediate and Advanced drivers. Big thanks to Paul, it’s was a pleasure to drive with you & the rest of the Third Convoy. Cheers to all the Marshals and Crew for your never ending support. See you all in the sand.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

We do off-road …. We love off-road …. And we love anyone who does off-road with us …..

It is not just about driving off-road ….. it is living the off-road lifestyle …… it is FAMILY when you do off-road with Almost 4x4 ….