Newbie All In

Fat Rabbit

[quote=pwood;33381]
The correct action is to turn down the slope a little. This will regain control of the car and stop the slide. Once you had control back, you can pick a new path...
Paul[/quote]

Hi Paul,

This brings new perspective to me. I usually just turn down all the way and make a second attempt in a situation like this. I think I should now practice not to go down all the way, but try to go up again (safely by charting a new route) after regaining control. Thank you for sharing this tip.

One concern however... if I chart a new route (which I did once on the day of the drive), the vehicle behind me just followed suit... until the roaming marshal went on the radio and asked other vehicles not to follow :)
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

Dear All,
This was an amazing trip… really enjoyed the drive… thankyou all for the nice companionship … Sorry for any delay inconveniences

Greatly appreciate the Marshals efforts … well organized andwell executed.
Alok708

Dear All,

Another amazing drive with almost 4x4. I just wonder how each drive and experience keeps getting better than the previous one. Surely it is not by chance. It is the result of the various leaders and marshals putting in their efforts in planning and then executing, and ofcourse all the drivers contributing in their own ways.

The briefing at the begening of the drive was a treat to watch with around 65 almost cars and the drivers, all rearing to go. Inspite of the large numbers the briefings and the communication therein was handled very well. It was a good idea to break drivers into smaller groups, give them a short briefing, and then ask them to reassemble at a near by spot for more detailed briefing by their specific lead marshal.

I was in 5 +A convoy led by DL with Abu Jimmy Sweeping, Hockey and White Patrol rescuing and Singh in the second lead. The drive was exhilarating. It was my first drive with DL in the lead and I really enjoyed the track he selected. It was a mix of high dunes and the technical ones. Infact more of technical ones. So I realized and learnt that not much of engine power was being used more of the times, but more skill was being put to test in navigating the technical dunes. It was leads of fun and learning.

Thank you everyone for making this a memorable day for me and my co-passenger Mr. Murtaza who sends his thanks and regards to all as well.

Cheers!
Alok
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Great Drive and great company. it was great to see everyone. and Thanks to Mazaaj Lamboo Bu Tariq and Khatib. Marshals Fellow brothers from intermediate and Advance. and my little cute niece and nefuse in newbie and club members :038:

I apologize for distracting friends for taking the right track.

from the Vid: you see one stuck that Khatib helped by reversing, it was amazing recovery to me. the driver is sooo lucky he had experts with him. he is one of the most experienced driver I met
Geekgirls_5: the Vis guy is Bu Tariq, one of the founders in Almost4x4, he is one of the most respected men I met.
Fat Rabbit: it took me some time too to put a face on Lamboos name, that's because he is everywhere and no where.and also man of multi character. Always happy always fun, never seen him mad when he helps. and always good advice.
Mazaaj is amazing specially (if your good driver, will make you better with his guidance)

The last part of the Vid is actually intermediates and up they went for short drive. for me it was releasing energy :D

After the Drive, I had great advices from many friends, Mazaaj, Adnan, Bu Tariq, Lamboo, Hamdan, Khatib. it opened my eye better to what I want to do with my car, for my style of driving.

Dear Friends, no matter how great you become in your drive, it is always a place for learning specially from others. the moment you think you know it all, or you know better, is the moment you will trouble your self, that goes from club member to Marshals. however, we always are fortune to have more experienced friends to guide us.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Adnan;33383]Fantabulus video record Bu Shahid,,,2 thumps UP bro.I like it, especially the last couple of minutes but I wished to continue another few rest minutes.:yaeh am not durnk:[/quote]

thank you brother, I wish so as well but the camera run out of memory :omg:
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was newbie+5.Here is my report.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1792[/ATTACH]Pop-out was fixed in 4 minutes and 25 seconds[ATTACH=CONFIG]1793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1794[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

[video=youtube;aKUXt3lPMYA][/video]
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

[video=youtube;tJMqxHj-j9Q][/video]